55 MPH speed limit

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So I have heard some Dems calling for the return to the 55 MPH speed limit. Nevermind that I am a OTR trucker and would hate that. What I want to know is are we sure that todays cars get their best mileage at 55 MPH? After back when we did it before most cars were big boats that we carberated.

I think before we do this, we really should make sure that todays cars are more efficient at 55 than at 65 or 70. If they prove they are better at 55, then so be it, but lets make sure first eh :)

So I have heard some Dems calling for the return to the 55 MPH speed limit. Nevermind that I am a OTR trucker and would hate that. What I want to know is are we sure that todays cars get their best mileage at 55 MPH? After back when we did it before most cars were big boats that we carberated.

I think before we do this, we really should make sure that todays cars are more efficient at 55 than at 65 or 70. If they prove they are better at 55, then so be it, but lets make sure first eh :)

I'm sure most cars are more efficient at a constant 55, but I'm not in favor of lowering it. My little stretch of Interstate from house to work is 75 and I can't imagine going any slower than that.

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Just like the song, I can't drive 55!

Forum List

Back