We are Conserving Very well.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
I was wondering if you all realized that we use nearly the Same Exact amount of Oil today as we did 30 years ago. With MILLIONS more people and MILLIONS of more cars. Clearly we are using MUCH less per capita than we did 30 years ago.

Of course we can and should do more, please do not label me as someone that does not care about the Earth just because I point out we are doing a pretty good job at Conservation.

I was wondering if you all realized that we use nearly the Same Exact amount of Oil today as we did 30 years ago. With MILLIONS more people and MILLIONS of more cars. Clearly we are using MUCH less per capita than we did 30 years ago.

Of course we can and should do more, please do not label me as someone that does not care about the Earth just because I point out we are doing a pretty good job at Conservation.

The whack job Greens will only be satisfied when we all live in caves and only eat vegetables. Of course since burning wood for 6 BILLION people would destroy the forests and destroy the air faster then any thing we do now, they would want us to die in the billions first.

Actually, even wood burning for fuel can be ECO friendly now a days too....

A wood stove, Thank you Benjamin Franklin, is devised to burn 7 times less wood for the same amount of heat that a fireplace would put out....

Benjamin Franklin was a HUGE ENVIRONMENTALIST....thus his many creations, including the Franklin stove, a wood Burning stove that conserved wood. Oh he was a big Greeny! :)

these stoves now cook at a higher temp which removes a great deal of the pollution by burning, before it goes in to our air...they are EPA approved....for air quality.

Pellet stoves use wood pellets which are popular up here because of the logging/paper industry's sawdust waste readily available to us for pellets....no new trees need to be cut, it is using tree waste.

Multi purpose burning stoves are the most expensive but are the most useful, because corn husks or cherry pits or pellets or wood can be burned in them, without air pollution.

My husband and I are going this route....gonna buy a multi purpose burning stove to supplement our oil use...

we have lived here thru two winters...the first winter, oil cost us $1200 bucks to fill our tank 3 times during the winter, this past year it cost us $2100 to fill the tank three times thru winter and next year's winter at the newer higher prices will cost us $3000 to heat our home for the winter, and we only own a small Cape Cottage, can't imagine anyone heating with a 2000 sq foot home!!!!????!!!!

We do not have any alternative on heating fuel, there is no Natural gas up here as an alternative as there was in Massachusetts..... :(

I can't stand heating with oil.....the house stinks like fried chicken in oil all the time imo....people around here don't seem to smell it but I do.....natural gas was so much nicer imo..... :(

care

Last edited:

I'm glad you pointed that out Charlie.

In fact, the people collectively have been doing their share to make this world a better place.

They got some help from the car companies, too, didn't they?

My first car (a 1956 Olds Holiday) got 8 miles to the gallon.

But here's soemthing I DO NOT understand...

Why can't I get a Perkins 4 cyl. diesel that gets 50-55 mpg in my Ranger? They're sold in England, I'm told.

Why must I drive a truck that only gets 25-30 mpg?

Clearly we have more to do to pressure our government to help us help ourselves.

Last edited:
Amazing, we probably use less oil per person than Canada.... according to Ravi's link.

We have 10 times the population of canada if you count our illegal population too...and if you multiply Canada's usage by ten it comes to more barrels of oil than the usa uses.

This IS SOMEWHAT understandable, being that a good deal of Canada's population has to heat with oil, thru some very, very cold winters....so their usage may not be all due to driving willy nilly but because of heat....?

care

The whack job Greens will only be satisfied when we all live in caves and only eat vegetables. Of course since burning wood for 6 BILLION people would destroy the forests and destroy the air faster then any thing we do now, they would want us to die in the billions first.

I will only be satisfied when we aren't spending $600 billion dollars a year on foreign oil.

America first!

Forum List

Back