51 50 pence

Yippeee !!

great American Political Theatre.

John Mccain is the John Adams of his day.

so they bullied there way into passing something 17% of the country is ok with????

funny how ":we the people" only has meaning to trump loons if the "people" are rightwingnuts.

I'll still have health overage... you probably won't. but whatever.

I'm glad you will and I will as well. You care about others , most do not if they are not affected.

the joke is that most of them will be affected. they don't care as long as they think he's trolling democrats. seriously. if they think it bothers us, then they're satisfied... even if their lives are destroyed.

no one ever said trump loons were educated or well-informed.

We have been effected you two fucking morons. Our rates have doubled. Our deductible has doubled and now we get to use tax money to bail out insurance companies. What fucking part of that clusterfuck is not being effected?

I can't believe how many thinks something got passed.
The Debate passed for discussion, which means they should all work together to get the people a better bill.
Passed by committee's then brought to the floor for a vote.
Nothing was passed.
Calm down. Geez!
except with maneuvers they LIMITED DEBATE to just 20 hours, then a vote must take place....that's not much time, to get this right, and know the outcomes of the measures they are proposing and passing/not passing as amendments.
No committee hearings either. This is going to be a train wreck. Hope I'm wrong but I'm not.

Well that is at least 20 hours more than oshitcare had.
that's simply B.S.

obamacare had 164 amendments introduced by Republican Senators that passed and were put in to Obamacare...

there was 10 months plus, spent on it...

I can't believe how many thinks something got passed.
The Debate passed for discussion, which means they should all work together to get the people a better bill.
Passed by committee's then brought to the floor for a vote.
Nothing was passed.
Calm down. Geez!
except with maneuvers they LIMITED DEBATE to just 20 hours, then a vote must take place....that's not much time, to get this right, and know the outcomes of the measures they are proposing and passing/not passing as amendments.
No committee hearings either. This is going to be a train wreck. Hope I'm wrong but I'm not.

Well that is at least 20 hours more than oshitcare had.
that's simply B.S.

obamacare had 164 amendments introduced by Republican Senators that passed and were put in to Obamacare...

there was 10 months plus, spent on it...
Your selective memory has gone haywire again. Care to list those 164 amendments that were passed and made it into the law? And none of those passed after the initial signing of obiecare count. Good luck.

Yippeee !!

so they bullied there way into passing something 17% of the country is ok with????

funny how ":we the people" only has meaning to trump loons if the "people" are rightwingnuts.

Huh? They didn't pass anything. I don't know what you're talking about. As usual. Idiot.

Yippeee !!

I'm glad you will and I will as well. You care about others , most do not if they are not affected.

the joke is that most of them will be affected. they don't care as long as they think he's trolling democrats. seriously. if they think it bothers us, then they're satisfied... even if their lives are destroyed.

no one ever said trump loons were educated or well-informed.

I'm glad you'll have healthcare coverage no matter what. You need it to for your mental issues. You're not only an idiot, but you're a smug idiot.

Well, Republicans own it now....and so does the President...since he had his vice President, break the tie.

Amazing how fast the left wants to have no responsibility for Obamacare, I thought is was the greatest thing on earth., according to them, now they keep trying to shake it off on to others. I don't understand it, I'd be mad as hell that they are even messing with it. Go figure.

NOW THE HARD PART ..

"you’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost—and it’s going to be so easy.”

I don't see it happening unless they totally change the way insurance is processed, it is a time consuming mess that costs medical clinics billions a year.

O
Well, Republicans own it now....and so does the President...since he had his vice President, break the tie.

Amazing how fast the left wants to have no responsibility for Obamacare, I thought is was the greatest thing on earth., according to them, now they keep trying to shake it off on to others. I don't understand it, I'd be mad as hell that they are even messing with it. Go figure.

How do you figure ? The zero votes to repeal?

The funny part is the cons hate it but love it cause they can't seem to dump it .

O

How do you figure ? The zero votes to repeal?

The funny part is the cons hate it but love it cause they can't seem to dump it .

The funny part is the left chiding the Republicans for not passing a bill. Do you guys really want the Republican version, it sure seems that way to me. It is pretty funny.

Just broke:

BREAKING: The Senate voted against the GOP bill to make sweeping changes to Affordable Care Act.

The Senate embarked on a freewheeling process to rewrite the Affordable Care Act on Tuesday, as Republicans overcame deep divisions to bring their proposals up for debate by the narrowest possible margin.

But those same schisms threatened to leave the party far short in the coming days of its ambitious goal to undo major parts of the ACA, which the GOP has been vowing for seven years to dismantle. On Tuesday night, just hours after opening debate, Senate Republican leaders failed to pass a bill that they spent weeks crafting but never gained sufficient traction with the rank-and-file.

The vote to begin debate marked a momentary political victory for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and President Trump. The president managed to resuscitate the GOP’s months-long effort to unwind President Barack Obama’s signature 2010 law by convincing more than half a dozen wavering senators that they could not afford to walk away from an enduring political promise. Republicans passed the procedural hurdle by a slim 51-50 vote margin, with Vice President Pence breaking the tie.

The health-care debate is likely to spark a chaotic, unpredictable couple of days on Capitol Hill — with senators voting on everything from abolishing much of the law to what is being called a “skinny repeal.” The result of these ensuing votes, many think, will be far more modest changes to the ACA than the party has long advertised.

forgot the link, you're good old fake news Wash Post.

I guess what they voted against tonight was that amendment.

Great . Now they can "debate ". Good luck coming up with a plan that has all the good of Obamacare , but not the bad that actually pays for it .
You do know in obamacare is failing?
According to who ? Lying trump ?
No according you your party that got their panties in a wad, when Trumpp said last week he would do nothing about obamacare.

And Dems were asking for more money to keep it going just like they always do.
Dems- Our policies are working we just need more money.
They do this year after year for all of them, health care, education, you name it.
It's never about fixing them to save taxpayer money, they always want more.

take out the tax cuts for the wealthy...that's the first fix. This bill is for health care not making the rich richer. keep the two separate. we already do everything for the mega rich

This is what was voted on to proceed to amendments:
https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/me...EAL7.19.17.pdf

I read the first few pages,, I see they are just going line and line and changing stuff. They are not going to debate with the Dems, heck not when they say the bill passed with 51 points, and Pence had to be the tiebreaker.

There was no bill passed Penelope.
The 51-50 vote was for debate only.

I understand that. Their plan is so bad, they had to do that. They will cut into it. They need to cut subsidies and Medicaid in order to give a tax cut to the rich, along with the tax cuts from the ACA.

McConnell can change the rules anytime.

take out the tax cuts for the wealthy...that's the first fix. This bill is for health care not making the rich richer. keep the two separate. we already do everything for the mega rich

Tax cuts for the wealthy?
Do you have a link that shows the tie between them not paying for it in taxes?
Other than they have their own private expensive health care insurances.

Forum List

Back