50 years after "I have a dream"....A Progress Report

... How often has Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson contributed to a media campaign targeting Black Youth to remain in school, and achieve high grades in challenging Math and Science courses?

These two old men are the PAST.

Present and Future Black Leaders will focus on the next 40 years if they plan to be successful....Interestingly, this is exactly the theme of the "Have A Dream" speech, Where MLK envisioned the FUTURE.

.... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both do a lot of the very programs you mentioned but that stuff doesnt get reported by the media. .....

They do? I guess they are even unreported in:

Rev. Al Sharpton | Black America Web

Why?

What is reported is the following Pablum, designed to reinforce the IMAGE that these guys are doing anything constructive:

Rev. Sharpton is a leader on issues regarding education and the fight to ensure equity in the U.S. education system that continues to fail its highest-need students, despite the 55 years that have lapsed since Brown v. Board of Education.

How PRECISELY has he "lead" anyone, or "fought" anything if for the most part of 55 years, the system continues to fail the black community?

I submit that it is not THE SYSTEM that is failing, but Black Leadership, particularly Al Sharpton, et al., that have failed

because Sharpton leading and System Failures are two different things. Unless you believe Sharpton is head of "the system"

Ok, so Explain how something that helps mostly white women Is racist against whites. :lol::lol:

when it helps a woman get something instead of someone else equally or better qualified it is sexist.

when it helps a minority get something instead of someone else equally or better qualified it is racist.

Not that hard to figure out.

Take away both those things and this happens

affirmative_action.gif

You mean people being judged on merit, and not on the color of thier skin or thier genitalia???

The horror, the horror.

... How often has Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson contributed to a media campaign targeting Black Youth to remain in school, and achieve high grades in challenging Math and Science courses?

These two old men are the PAST.

Present and Future Black Leaders will focus on the next 40 years if they plan to be successful....Interestingly, this is exactly the theme of the "Have A Dream" speech, Where MLK envisioned the FUTURE.

.... Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both do a lot of the very programs you mentioned but that stuff doesnt get reported by the media. .....

They do? I guess they are even unreported in:

Rev. Al Sharpton | Black America Web

Why?

What is reported is the following Pablum, designed to reinforce the IMAGE that these guys are doing anything constructive:

Rev. Sharpton is a leader on issues regarding education and the fight to ensure equity in the U.S. education system that continues to fail its highest-need students, despite the 55 years that have lapsed since Brown v. Board of Education.

How PRECISELY has he "lead" anyone, or "fought" anything if for the most part of 55 years, the system continues to fail the black community?

I submit that it is not THE SYSTEM that is failing, but Black Leadership, particularly Al Sharpton, et al., that have failed

Did you read the article or just find that sentence and misinterpret it? He is a leader. You cant lead without people following you or your just taking a walk. How can you say he has not fought anything? He's constantly in the news fighting racial injustices.

From the very same article you linked.

"Rev. Sharpton has been praised by President Barack Obama as “the voice of the voiceless and a champion for the downtrodden,” and by former President George W. Bush who said that “Al cares just as much as I care about making sure every child learns to read, write, add and subtract.” Rev. Al Sharpton is so passionate about the issue of education that as an outgrowth of a White House meeting in May of 2009 with President Obama, Rev. Al Sharpton and former Speaker Newt Gingrich launched a nationwide education reform tour with United States Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to promote education equality for every child in America. It is his aim to break down the achievement gap that makes education equality the civil rights issue of our time."

"Rev. Sharpton has also been at the vanguard of issues promoting equal standards and decency. He has held people accountable for perpetrating negative and racist stereotypes. He confronted the NY Post when they chose to print a controversial cartoon with racist undertones. He has called upon the recording industry to have standards for artists that don’t include the use of the “N,” “B” and “H” words."

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both have been targeted by the right and they have done a good job of discrediting them. Most Blacks know the truth so we sorta laugh at it all. We even make jokes about them but in the end we know they are down for the Black cause.

when it helps a woman get something instead of someone else equally or better qualified it is sexist.

when it helps a minority get something instead of someone else equally or better qualified it is racist.

Not that hard to figure out.

affirmative_action.gif

You mean people being judged on merit, and not on the color of thier skin or thier genitalia???

The horror, the horror.

No read his shoes you dumbass. Jesus, do I have to lift the spoon to your mouth for you too?

affirmative_action.gif

The horror, the horror.

No read his shoes you dumbass. Jesus, do I have to lift the spoon to your mouth for you too?

Its a cutsey political cartoon. all hat, no cattle.

If it were accurate it would show the other person being DENIED entry due to the first person getting in with preferential help.

but for you thats not a defect, its a feature. gets your "fuck whitey" juju flowing.

The horror, the horror.

If it were accurate it would show the other person being DENIED entry due to the first person getting in with preferential help.

but for you thats not a defect, its a feature. gets your "fuck whitey" juju flowing.

Its a cartoon not a documentary

Whatever it is, its stupid and doesnt make any point whatsoever.

You really are an idiot.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both have been targeted by the right and they have done a good job of discrediting them. Most Blacks know the truth so we sorta laugh at it all. We even make jokes about them but in the end we know they are down for the Black cause.

Keep Laughing and following along, while the black community continues to complain about their unsatisfactory sociological advancement during the past 55 years.

You still haven't offered a single shread of evidence that Sharpton, or any other black leader has done anything specific....

That's because there is none.

Affirmative action worked. Not just for blacks but moreso for women. Dr King encouraged affirmative action policies. You help those who need help

Integration of our society was a direct result of the Civil Rights movement

Not all of our progress or lack thereof is because of government. Much of it is cultural

Affirmative action never works and is a stain upon this country. Choosing skin color over someone more qualified is not progress.

Didn't bother the whites to do it to the Africans, Chinese, Mexicans etc., over the last 250 years.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but apparently multiple wrongs make a leftist.

Keep Laughing and following along, while the black community continues to complain about their unsatisfactory sociological advancement during the past 55 years.

You still haven't offered a single shread of evidence that Sharpton, or any other black leader has done anything specific....

Unfortunately I dont have the time to laugh too much nor follow anyone appointed by someone else as the "Black Leaders". I choose my leaders myself. I am also busy creating leaders for the future. I was unaware I had to prove anything other than what was in the very article you linked to. Read it and you will see specifics. As a matter of fact just re-read my previous post.

Whatever it is, its stupid and doesnt make any point whatsoever.

You really are an idiot.

Now now no need in crying and foot stamping...you did enough of that in the other thread

Unfortunately I dont have the time to laugh too much nor follow anyone appointed by someone else as the "Black Leaders". I choose my leaders myself. I am also busy creating leaders for the future. I was unaware I had to prove anything other than what was in the very article you linked to. Read it and you will see specifics. As a matter of fact just re-read my previous post.

I read it: There are no specifics, or you would have quoted them.

Being "unaware you need to prove" that there is any substance to your belief system reinforces the fact that it is based on pablum. Sharpton and many black leaders depend on this ignorance to maintain their leadership positions. They have succeeded for you.

Bravo.

I read it: There are no specifics, or you would have quoted them.

Being "unaware you need to prove" that there is any substance to your belief system reinforces the fact that it is based on pablum. Sharpton and many black leaders depend on this ignorance to maintain their leadership positions. They have succeeded for you.

Bravo.

Those are specifics unless you are looking for more detailed information. If so you evidently have a computer and access to a library in your city. The only proof that is required of me is to me. I dont think its wise to feel you have to prove anything to anyone. Its actually a sign of insecurity in your beliefs. Since I dont consider Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson my leaders then I dont see how "ignorance" applies. I dont have a problem with people following them because I know for a fact that what they are trying to achieve is for the betterment of my races condition. You have demonstrated you dont know so i suggest you dig a little deeper before condemning.

Affirmative action never works and is a stain upon this country. Choosing skin color over someone more qualified is not progress.

Didn't bother the whites to do it to the Africans, Chinese, Mexicans etc., over the last 250 years.

Then they wonder why those groups are behind whites when they had a 250 year head start

I think what we're really wondering is why, after all these decades of affirmative actions and well-meaning leftist pity, blacks are worse off in so many ways than they were one generation out of slavery.

Now now no need in crying and foot stamping...you did enough of that in the other thread

Nice try, but you are the one losing this debate, and you are the one who is a racist.

No crying or footstamping at all, just righteous indignation.

:lol: Sure your constant name calling is rooted in civility :lol:

Righteous indignation has nothing to do with civility, and I have no requirment to be civil to a person looking to screw me over for thier own benefit.

Then they wonder why those groups are behind whites when they had a 250 year head start

I think what we're really wondering is why, after all these decades of affirmative actions and well-meaning leftist pity, blacks are worse off in so many ways than they were one generation out of slavery.

MLK addressed that too:

"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him."

Also AA isn't specifically for blacks, white women eat it up. So after decades of splitting the AA pie with White girls and Asians you ask why the blacks aren't doing better?

Sounds like an argument for a program specifically for blacks :cool:

:lol: Sure your constant name calling is rooted in civility :lol:

Righteous indignation has nothing to do with civility, and I have no requirment to be civil to a person looking to screw me over for thier own benefit.

For societys benefit

Just because you think it helps society doesnt mean:

A) it actually does
B) its automatically right

If it truly does benefit society at my expense I should be compensated for it. Fork it over deadbeat.

Forum List

Back