50% of Americans believe news media is actively attempting to deceive them...

Fifty percent of Americans realize the media is deceiving them and the other 50 percent are uneducated.
No, no, many are highly educated, which means heavily indoctrinated.

Education today does not teach you to think, rather, it teaches you to conform to the Woke/Corporate DNC model.

Of course (some) media is misleading people.

The question is how do you find out what is true?

Herein lies the problem. I found out that to the right the problem is solved by actively looking for information that confirms their biases.

I've seen it time and time again on this board.
I'm extremely careful on what I use as a source. Precisely because people on the right reject all sources of MSM. So I use primary sources. Meaning actual interviews from (if possible) friendly sources. Meaning actual court documents. Twitter accounts of the people I'm quoting, etc.etc.

Guess what happens.... Those sources are rejected too.

The problem isn't the "lying media." It is people like ( I'm guessing) you determining what is true by how much it confirms your bias.
I have seen that the left not only looks for ONLY that which confirms their bias, but they actively seek to cancel and/or destroy those who even hint at having another worldview and will absolutely not believe anything other than the 'facts' they chose to believe.

The best way to find the truth is to ask the main actors in any story, compare it with known history, and drop the short form information gathering of the so-called legacy media.

Every outlet of the mainstream is lying to you in just about every story. Then look at who is asking you to hate the other side. You will NOT find much of that anywhere outside the leftwing media.

But you go ahead and believe them, after all, they're telling you what you want to hear.

I just read this in an article:

Yet, this should also be expected to some degree. A plethora of polls show that most Americans do not trust the federal government, state government, and even their local government, when it comes to all things related to coronavirus. And needless to say, many Americans are skeptical about the media’s portrayal of COVID-19. But that should come as little surprise, seeing as Americans’ trust in the media has been waning for years.

When public trust in major societal institutions erodes, bad things tend to happen. As Americans, we need to have at least a reasonable sense of trust in the media and those in government in order for our society to function cohesively, let alone thrive.

As history shows, when people lose faith in these vital institutions, society can fragment quickly. Public trust is a prerequisite for a free society. Just ask those who lived in the Soviet Union or East Germany, where government officials and the media routinely lied to their citizens.
And, on the other hand, when people have a strong sense of confidence that the media and government officials are telling the truth, societal unrest is less likely, people are more prone to trust one another, and the nation is a better place.

I think both sides should sit up and take notice.
The Covid Scamdemic is just one example of Media/Government deception. Our border disaster, the Fentanyl attack on our citizens, the Ukraine proxy war, Climate Change, EVs, I could go on and on. We are at a very dangerous point in our history and it's a coin toss whether this mess is recoverable or not.

Some of you demand links, like they are the holy grail. MS news feeds are so insanely biased and broken, some of you demand proof? I rally if ever provide links. I I declare something, it HAPPENED. But here we go: Yesterday on MS newshttps://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/an-unseen-pregnancy-tragedy-transgender-man-loses-unborn-child-during-his-hysterectomy-surgery-the-hospital-s-tragic-oversight-raises-alarm-on-protocol-gaps/ar-AA1fBl8N:

I missed this when it came out in February, but was attempting to explain to a liberal that the reason they are losing is first and foremost that their credibility and the credibility of the Legacy Media is completely shot.

This poll tells the tale....

They were so intent on destroying President Trump that they destroyed themselves instead...

The survey, released Wednesday by Gallup and the Knight Foundation, goes beyond others that have shown a low level of trust in the media to the startling point where many believe there is an intent to deceive.

Asked whether they agreed with the statement that national news organizations do not intend to mislead, 50% said they disagreed. Only 25% agreed, the study found.

Similarly, 52% disagreed with a statement that disseminators of national news “care about the best interests of their readers, viewers and listeners,”
the study found. It said 23% of respondents believed the journalists were acting in the public’s best interests.

“That was pretty striking for us,” said Sarah Fioroni, a consultant for Gallup. The findings showed a depth of distrust and bad feeling that go beyond the foundations and processes of journalism, she said.

Understand the ramifications of that , Liberals.

Only 25% of Americans believe that the national media does not actively and intentionally seek to mislead them.

Only 23% of Americans believe the that national news organization care about their best interests.

This is the searing indictment that is thwarting your machinations!

And the thing about trust and credibility...once it is lost, it's almost impossible to retrieve.

I know that I seek out multiple sources for a story I think is important. I never take any source at face value.

I have seen that the left not only looks for ONLY that which confirms their bias, but they actively seek to cancel and/or destroy those who even hint at having another worldview and will absolutely not believe anything other than the 'facts' they chose to believe.

The best way to find the truth is to ask the main actors in any story, compare it with known history, and drop the short form information gathering of the so-called legacy media.

Every outlet of the mainstream is lying to you in just about every story. Then look at who is asking you to hate the other side. You will NOT find much of that anywhere outside the leftwing media.

But you go ahead and believe them, after all, they're telling you what you want to hear.
So let me get this straight.

Your reply to my premise. That although I use primary sources to support my assertions those assertions are simply rejected in favor of your own biases.

Is to ignore my premise and claim I said the exact opposite of what I said because it confirms your bias.

Thanks for making my point I guess.

Forum List

Back