50 Dem. senators sign letter urging Redskins to change team name

I think there are larger problems than the name of an NFL Team.

Apparently not to 50 Dumbos.

•The economy - Pfft!
•$17T National Debt - Who cares!
•Government agencies abusing authority or incompetent - GOP propaganda!

•A Privately-owned sports franchise has the name "Redskins" - Holy f-ing shit! Major panic! Racists! Racists! Change your name you racists!!

9 outta 10 injuns approved the name. if they wanna help, bury reids ass up to his neck smear the face with honey and let the fire ants have a field day

50 Dem. senators sign letter urging Redskins to change team name
And?

Just because someone holds elected office doesn’t mean he forfeits his First Amendment rights.

Moreover, according to your article, republicans are also seeking a name change:

In March 2013, U.S. Delegate Eni Faleomavaega, a Democrat from American Samoa, and U.S. Rep. Tom Cole, a Republican from Oklahoma, introduced a bill that would cancel existing trademark registrations containing the term "redskins" in reference to American Indians. The bill has been referred to a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee.

No member of the GOP signed this letter.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: This is what passes for work by Reid! And you wonder why?

Pressure on Daniel Snyder to change the name of his Washington NFL club ratcheted up significantly Thursday as a letter signed by half of the U.S. Senate was sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"The N.F.L. can no longer ignore this and perpetuate the use of this name as anything but what it is: a racial slur," said the letter, which was signed by 50 of the Senate's 55 Democrats.

The letter draws a parallel between the quick reaction by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver in castigating racist remarks made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and the NFL insisting that the term "Redskins" is used respectfully by the team.....

50 senators sign letter urging Redskins to change team name | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

This is getting way out of hand. Snyder should just tell Reid and company to pound sand.
Besides I have some Cherokee ancestry and the name does not bother me one bit.
Maybe I should be against $20 bills.

I think there are larger problems than the name of an NFL Team.

Apparently not to 50 Dumbos.

•The economy - Pfft!
•$17T National Debt - Who cares!
•Government agencies abusing authority or incompetent - GOP propaganda!

•A Privately-owned sports franchise has the name "Redskins" - Holy f-ing shit! Major panic! Racists! Racists! Change your name you racists!!
It's a diversion. These Senators know the Democrats are in BIG trouble this year.

Forum List

Back