Senator To Introduce Legislation To Revoke Nfl's Tax Breaks Over Washington Football Team Name

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) announced on Tuesday that she plans to introduce legislation that would revoke the NFL’s tax-exempt status unless the league’s owners put pressure on the Washington football team to change the team's name.

According to The Washington Post, Cantwell was joined by Native American chiefs for the announcement, part of a larger campaign to get the Washington football team to change its name, which many consider offensive.

“The NFL needs to join the rest of Americans in the 21st century,” Cantwell said on Tuesday. “It is about right and wrong.”

Washington football team owner Dan Snyder has refused to change the team's name and has argued that it is a term of honor and respect.

In May, Cantwell was one of 50 senators who sent a letter to Snyder urging him to change the team’s name. In an unusual move in June, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board cancelled six of the team’s trademark registrations because its name was offensive. Snyder is appealing that ruling.

Senator To Introduce Legislation To Revoke NFL's Tax Breaks Over Washington Football Team Name

It's just a matter of time...

Last edited:
r-NFL-huge.jpg

MONEY STARTS TALKING

Anheuser-Busch: 'Disappointed And Extremely Concerned' Over NFL Controversies...

Visa, McDonald's, Campbell Soup Join In...

Sponsors Worth 1.07 Billion...

NFL: 'We Understand'...

Radisson Cuts Ties With Vikings Over Peterson...

Minnesota Governor: Suspend Him!...

It's just a matter of time...

Last edited:
Grandstanding pandering.

Expressing PC outrage through legislation is a very bad precedent.

I have no problem with advertisers and fans using economic pressure. That is like voting with your wallet.

In a free country we fight for the right to name and say as we please. I am sorry you're a fascist Lakota.

Money talks, sparky. It's called capitalism. Isn't that what you NaziCons love?
Remember what you posted the next time you feel the need to bitch about the Koch talking with their money sparky. Or do you only support capitalism and freedom of speech when it's used for things you agree with?

In a free country we fight for the right to name and say as we please. I am sorry you're a fascist Lakota.

Money talks, sparky. It's called capitalism. Isn't that what you NaziCons love?
Remember what you posted the next time you feel the need to bitch about the Koch talking with their money sparky. Or do you only support capitalism and freedom of speech when it's used for things you agree with?

Please show even ONE post where I've bitched about Koch's talking with their money. Just ONE. The Kochsuckers are assholes - but they have a right to spend as they legally wish - just as we have a right to boycott their shit.

If the NFL was to knuckle under to this P.C. bullshit they might as well shut down the whole league you would every think skinned PC wimp in the country demanding a name change over faux outrage.

Please show even ONE post where I've bitched about Koch's talking with their money. Just ONE. The Kochsuckers are assholes - but they have a right to spend as they legally wish - just as we have a right to boycott their shit.

Then please confirm to us that you have PBS blocked on your home TV 'cause that's where a n awful lot of the "shit" they pay for is broadcast. That would be an appropriate boycott for a person of integrity.

So PBS need fear not at losing your attention, nu?

Why would anyone want to :lalala: a television network?

Seems like a tactic of the insecure to me... :dunno:

Forum List

Back