5 Ways Liberalism Destroys Virtue

Personal virtues are characteristics valued as promoting collective and individual greatness.

one virtue repubs will never have is promoting the ideal that the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Sure we do. WE just aren't lazy enough to foist the responsibility for the needs of the many off onto government agencies, so that we can feel virtuous through other people's tax dollars.

Personal virtues are characteristics valued as promoting collective and individual greatness.

one virtue repubs will never have is promoting the ideal that the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Sure we do. WE just aren't lazy enough to foist the responsibility for the needs of the many off onto government agencies, so that we can feel virtuous through other people's tax dollars.

You're just afraid of the People, that's all.

sceered

sceered

Yeah, sweetie, we prefer our charity personal and face-to-face, rather than through a government bureaucracy because WE'RE "sceered of the People".

Exactly the sort of "logic" I expect from you by now. :eusa_whistle:

I have publicly stated my positions right here on this forum on almost any issue you can name. You tell me where I lack virtue.

That's nice. Are you pro abortion? If you are then you have no virture. Are you for Obamacare? If you are then you have no virture. Let's start there. Go.

Yea, let's start there.

No one is pro abortion. That is just being dishonest...clearly you have no virtue.

If you want to make abortion illegal, are you willing to pay for that woman's frequent doctor visits?

Are you willing to pay for that woman's special diet?

Are you willing to pay for that woman's loss of work?

And if there are complications that cause the woman to become disabled, are you willing to pay that woman's support for the rest of her life?

If not, then you have no virtue, and most of all, you have no RIGHT to dictate what another person does. Do only liberals and Democrats have abortions?? The facts are years ago only the opulent, who could afford to support a pregnancy and afford to raise a child were the ones who could afford a safe abortion. They could afford to send the woman 'away' to cover up the truth. Poor women who couldn't support a pregnancy or afford to raise a child were left to back room abortions that caused infections and deaths.

You clearly have no virtue.

YES, I support the Affordable Care Act.

If you don't support the Affordable Care Act, and want it repealed, then:

You are for going back to the dangerous system we had with people kicked off their insurance when they got sick and families driven into poverty by soaring premiums and health care costs.

You are for more than 6 million young adults no longer being guaranteed that they can stay on their parent's plan until they are 26.

You are for at least 54 million Americans with private insurance who are now guaranteed access to free preventive services under health care reform would lose access to free mammograms, vaccines and other life-saving health care.

You are for five million seniors across the country would no longer get help with their prescription drug costs.

You are for millions of seniors losing access to free preventive services under Medicare. Under the health care law, 32 million Medicare patients get these services for free, including cancer screenings and flu shots.

You are for 105 million Americans who will once again face lifetime limits on the care they can get from their health insurance plans.

You are for millions of children no longer getting coverage even though they have a pre-existing condition.

You are for de-fund community health care centers across the country. These health centers see patients whether or not they are insured, and charge based on people's ability to pay. They offer critical care in underserved communities where it is needed most.

You are for Americans losing access to health insurance exchanges, marketplaces which will be set up in 2014 where individuals, families and small businesses can go to shop for quality, affordable health insurance.

You are for insurance companies being able to refuse to cover people with pre-existing conditions. Insurers will also be able to charge women more for the same health insurance.

You are for repeal, which will also allow insurers to go on setting arbitrary annual dollar limits on health care benefits that allow them to stop paying for your care when they want.

You CLEARLY have no virtue...

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

The actual passage of Obamacare was without virtue. The entire procedure stunk to high heaven. Nothing virtuous about it. Period.

I have publicly stated my positions right here on this forum on almost any issue you can name. You tell me where I lack virtue.

That's nice. Are you pro abortion? If you are then you have no virture. Are you for Obamacare? If you are then you have no virture. Let's start there. Go.

Oh, so we're going to talk about virtue and you're going to define what virture is.

You're an asshole.

Yeah, there is a definition of virture. Pissant bootlicker.

Yea, let's start there.

No one is pro abortion. That is just being dishonest...clearly you have no virtue.

If you want to make abortion illegal, are you willing to pay for that woman's frequent doctor visits?

And if there are complications that cause the woman to become disabled, are you willing to pay that woman's support for the rest of her life?

If not, then you have no virtue, and most of all, you have no RIGHT to dictate what another person does. Do only liberals and Democrats have abortions?? The facts are years ago only the opulent, who could afford to support a pregnancy and afford to raise a child were the ones who could afford a safe abortion. They could afford to send the woman 'away' to cover up the truth. Poor women who couldn't support a pregnancy or afford to raise a child were left to back room abortions that caused infections and deaths.

You are for going back to the dangerous system we had with people kicked off their insurance when they got sick and families driven into poverty by soaring premiums and health care costs.

You are for more than 6 million young adults no longer being guaranteed that they can stay on their parent's plan until they are 26.

You are for at least 54 million Americans with private insurance who are now guaranteed access to free preventive services under health care reform would lose access to free mammograms, vaccines and other life-saving health care.

You are for five million seniors across the country would no longer get help with their prescription drug costs.

You are for millions of seniors losing access to free preventive services under Medicare. Under the health care law, 32 million Medicare patients get these services for free, including cancer screenings and flu shots.

You are for 105 million Americans who will once again face lifetime limits on the care they can get from their health insurance plans.

You are for millions of children no longer getting coverage even though they have a pre-existing condition.

You are for de-fund community health care centers across the country. These health centers see patients whether or not they are insured, and charge based on people's ability to pay. They offer critical care in underserved communities where it is needed most.

You are for Americans losing access to health insurance exchanges, marketplaces which will be set up in 2014 where individuals, families and small businesses can go to shop for quality, affordable health insurance.

You are for insurance companies being able to refuse to cover people with pre-existing conditions. Insurers will also be able to charge women more for the same health insurance.

You are for repeal, which will also allow insurers to go on setting arbitrary annual dollar limits on health care benefits that allow them to stop paying for your care when they want.

Albert Camus

The actual passage of Obamacare was without virtue. The entire procedure stunk to high heaven. Nothing virtuous about it. Period.

I just gave you a long list of virtues in the Affordable Health care Act. And what was your reply? Nothing to counter with but a troll response.

Lefties often accuse people of being trolls when the left has nothing to counter with.

Yea, let's start there.

Albert Camus

I just gave you a long list of virtues in the Affordable Health care Act. And what was your reply? Nothing to counter with but a troll response.

Lefties often accuse people of being trolls when the left has nothing to counter with.

You just gave a long list of things you think are good about ObamaCare. Things that are charitable to those 'less fortunate'. But the virtue of charity is not obtained through forcing others to be charitable, which is what your feel-good monstrosity of a bill ACTUALLY does.

That's the problem with most liberals, they see virtue personified in Robin Hood, while sane people see it personified in Christ.

Matt6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

sceered

Yeah, sweetie, we prefer our charity personal and face-to-face, rather than through a government bureaucracy because WE'RE "sceered of the People".

Must be kinda hard to send your charity very far if you've got to do it face to face all the time.

You just gave a long list of things you think are good about ObamaCare. Things that are charitable to those 'less fortunate'. But the virtue of charity is not obtained through forcing others to be charitable, which is what your feel-good monstrosity of a bill ACTUALLY does.

That's the problem with most liberals, they see virtue personified in Robin Hood, while sane people see it personified in Christ.

Matt6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

What I see every day on this board, and from people who call themselves 'conservatives' in our nation, is an illness. The mantra of social Darwinism, which is the mantra of every murderous dictator in the 20th century.

Conservatism today has been replaced with narcissism. And the Ayn Rand brand of conservatism is the most insidious. Rand was a textbook sociopath. In her notebooks Ayn Rand worshiped a notorious serial murderer-dismemberer.

The loudest of all the Republicans, right-wing attack-dog pundits and the Teabagger mobs fighting to kill health care reform and eviscerate "entitlement programs" increasingly hold up Ayn Rand as their guru. Sales of her books have soared in the past couple of years; one poll ranked Atlas Shrugged as the second most influential book of the 20th century, after the Bible.

What did Rand admire so much about Hickman? His sociopathic qualities: "Other people do not exist for him, and he does not see why they should," she wrote, gushing that Hickman had "no regard whatsoever for all that society holds sacred, and with a consciousness all his own. He has the true, innate psychology of a Superman. He can never realize and feel 'other people.'"

That mantra is as far from Jesus Christ as you can get. The right in America are the modern day Pharisee.

It seems to me that 'honor thy father and thy mother' SHOULD be a conservative tenet. But it's not. Instead, it's 'let them die'

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32

Matthew 25:34-40
The Final Judgment

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Oh, so we're going to talk about virtue and you're going to define what virture is.

You're an asshole.

I didn't think you wanted to have an intelligent discussion of it. One more rightwing troll who thinks he has a brain just because he doesn't feel stupid amongst his fellow rightwing trolls.

sceered

I am sceered of you.

You are also the type who thinks charity works makes up for being a horrible person.
And my logic says charities can't do it all.. History has proven that.

Yea, let's start there.

Albert Camus

Those aren't virtues. Those are lies. Your President lied and now you're lying for him. Lefties will usually pull the "troll" card when they have nothing but lies to counter with.

sceered

Must be kinda hard to send your charity very far if you've got to do it face to face all the time.

The govt of the USA was not set up to be a charity organization.

What I see every day on this board, and from people who call themselves 'conservatives' in our nation, is an illness. The mantra of social Darwinism, which is the mantra of every murderous dictator in the 20th century.

Conservatism today has been replaced with narcissism. And the Ayn Rand brand of conservatism is the most insidious. Rand was a textbook sociopath. In her notebooks Ayn Rand worshiped a notorious serial murderer-dismemberer.

The loudest of all the Republicans, right-wing attack-dog pundits and the Teabagger mobs fighting to kill health care reform and eviscerate "entitlement programs" increasingly hold up Ayn Rand as their guru. Sales of her books have soared in the past couple of years; one poll ranked Atlas Shrugged as the second most influential book of the 20th century, after the Bible.

What did Rand admire so much about Hickman? His sociopathic qualities: "Other people do not exist for him, and he does not see why they should," she wrote, gushing that Hickman had "no regard whatsoever for all that society holds sacred, and with a consciousness all his own. He has the true, innate psychology of a Superman. He can never realize and feel 'other people.'"

That mantra is as far from Jesus Christ as you can get. The right in America are the modern day Pharisee.

It seems to me that 'honor thy father and thy mother' SHOULD be a conservative tenet. But it's not. Instead, it's 'let them die'

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32

The Final Judgment

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

The left often uses Scripture in feeble attempts to manipulate guilt on conservatives. You might want to try that on some naive college kid.

Last edited:

You're an asshole.

I didn't think you wanted to have an intelligent discussion of it. One more rightwing troll who thinks he has a brain just because he doesn't feel stupid amongst his fellow rightwing trolls.

LOL. YOU are the one who initiated the name calling. The left often will ignore bad behavior of themselves, but point out conservatives doing the same thing in return. It's called baiting and the left are experts.

The Final Judgment

You are really delusional if you think you can twist this into something that supports the taking by force of one person's property and it's redistribution to someone else. You haven't got the faintest inkling of what this passage means, and neither do the rest of your Godless Communist comrades.

If you go back and read this Scripture, you will notice that all the actions of those on the right were VOLUNTARY.

Charity doesn't come from the end of a gun, you idiot. Go back to school.

Forum List

Back