5 Ways Liberalism Destroys Virtue

5 ways liberalism destroys virtue

yeah.....give us more o' that "conservative"-christian virtue.....

burning-cross.jpg

"a georgia couple was arrested this week on charges of child cruelty and false imprisonment after their 15-year-old daughter told authorities that she was forced to live in a chicken coop and wear a remote-controlled shock collar.

The 15-year-old, who was home schooled, reportedly said that her adopted parents, samuel and diana franklin, punished her for not finishing school work by spending up to six days at a time in the chicken coop behind their house in butler over the past two years.

diana franklin told one neighbor that she was “doing what the bible says” by punishing the girl for not doing chores the “right way,” according to kltv."

you are an idiot

Excellent article I read today.

"Liberals aren't actually charitable, courageous, or compassionate; they just claim to be those things by virtue of the fact that they're liberal. In fact, that's one of the major selling points of liberalism: being able to think of yourself as moral and good without the trials and sacrifice that go along with actually being moral and good."

5 Ways Liberalism Destroys Virtue - John Hawkins - [page]

Above is the 57647th way that conservatives are hatemongers

From the OP: "Liberals begin with the proposition that conservatives are unwitting dupes at best and evil at worst while other liberals are on the side of the angels."

Are you supposed to represent some sort of refutation of that characterization of conservatives?

:lol:

I don't think a day goes by here that we don't see at least one 'liberals are this liberals are that' troll thread.

As regular and predictable as a healthy digestive system's bowel movements.

I don't think a day goes by here that we don't see at least one 'liberals are this liberals are that' troll thread.

Lefties often accuse people of being trolls when the left has nothing to counter with.

So, are you a dupe or an a-hole? LOL Thanks for the depression and bitching about helping the victims. Change the channel, dupe. I'm betting you're just an ignorant chump of the greedy rich. We're not wrong about that...memorize my sig.

Lefties often accuse people of being trolls when the left has nothing to counter with.

Do you really want to have a one on one debate over whether or not I, as a liberal, conform to the characteristics you've described?

So, are you a dupe or an a-hole? LOL Thanks for the depression and bitching about helping the victims. Change the channel, dupe. I'm betting you're just an ignorant chump of the greedy rich. We're not wrong about that...memorize my sig.

Wow. That makes 6 liberal confirmations of the article. Here is where you are.

"The liberal advocates giving away other people's money and call it being charitable. They take positions that are terrible for the country because they're afraid of criticism and call it bravery. They're willing to sell future generations of Americans into debt bondage so they can have a little more comfort now and they pat themselves on the back for their compassionate "investments."

Liberals aren't actually charitable, courageous, or compassionate; they just claim to be those things by virtue of the fact that they're liberal. In fact, that's one of the major selling points of liberalism: being able to think of yourself as moral and good without the trials and sacrifice that go along with actually being moral and good."

Do you really want to have a one on one debate over whether or not I, as a liberal, conform to the characteristics you've described?

Yep. If you are a liberal then you fit in there somewhere. Let's find out where. Go.

Last edited:
In the language, the words 'politics' and 'virtue', are mutually exclusive, null and void, when used in combination to make any poltical point.
'Virtue' is an individual choice. It should not be mapped onto a collective. 'Politics' is a collective, and should not be mapped onto individual choice. Through the trials and errors of living, we develop individual virtue, as to what works, and what does not work on the individual level, in our own lives. The major flaw in modern politics is that modern day politicos, of whatever strain, obfuscate the two words, and arrogantly believe that they can make us virtuous, through politics.
The bottom line is, when there is no lifeguard on duty, it is only up to us to save ourselves.

In the language, the words 'politics' and 'virtue', are mutually exclusive, null and void, when used in combination to make any poltical point.
'Virtue' is an individual choice. It should not be mapped onto a collective. 'Politics' is a collective, and should not be mapped onto individual choice. Through the trials and errors of living, we develop individual virtue, as to what works, and what does not work on the individual level, in our own lives. The major flaw in modern politics is that modern day politicos, of whatever strain, obfuscate the two words, and arrogantly believe that they can make us virtuous, through politics.
The bottom line is, when there is no lifeguard on duty, it is only up to us to save ourselves.

When there is no lifeguard on duty, the virtuous person will risk their life to save another.

Bullshit from people who see greed as a virtue, and compassion as weakness.

Bullshit from people who see greed as a virtue, and compassion as weakness.

That makes 7 confirmations of the article. Amazing insight by the author. Thanks for your confirmation.

Are you really wanting me to believe liberals aren't greedy? LOL. Who are the ones hollering about people "not paying their fair share"?

Last edited:

"The liberal advocates giving away other people's money and call it being charitable. They take positions that are terrible for the country because they're afraid of criticism and call it bravery. They're willing to sell future generations of Americans into debt bondage so they can have a little more comfort now and they pat themselves on the back for their compassionate "investments."

Liberals aren't actually charitable, courageous, or compassionate; they just claim to be those things by virtue of the fact that they're liberal. In fact, that's one of the major selling points of liberalism: being able to think of yourself as moral and good without the trials and sacrifice that go along with actually being moral and good."
They're too cowardly to go looting themselves, so they proxy it out to politicians and bureaucrats.

They're too cowardly to go looting themselves, so they proxy it out to politicians and bureaucrats.

Yep. Lying lawyers who steal with a fountain pen.

From the OP: "Liberals begin with the proposition that conservatives are unwitting dupes at best and evil at worst while other liberals are on the side of the angels."

Are you supposed to represent some sort of refutation of that characterization of conservatives?

:lol:

No he isn't, but you are a confirmation of the fact that liberals are all dishonest hypocrite morons.

It has to be repeated one million times before it penetrates the skulls of the morons who vote for liberal politicians.

Why would anyone bother to debate a point as obvious as that? You do post in this forum almost every day.

Sorry, but when people who hate liberals get into the business of defining liberalism, all we end up with is verification of that hatred...

What is liberalism?
200px-John_F_Kennedy_Official_Portrait.jpg

Address of John F. Kennedy upon Accepting the Liberal Party Nomination for President, New York, New York, September 14, 1960

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label, "Liberal"? If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But, if by a "Liberal," they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes that we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say that I'm a "Liberal."

But first, I would like to say what I understand the word, "Liberal," to mean and explain in the process why I consider myself to be a "Liberal,"

I want to take this opportunity to set forth my views on the proper relationship between the state and the citizen. This is my political credo:

I believe in human dignity as the source of national purpose, in human liberty as the source of national action, and the human heart as the source of national compassion, and in the human mind as the source of our invention and our ideas. It is, I believe, this faith in our fellow citizens as individuals and as people that lies at the heart of the liberal faith, for liberalism is not so much a party creed or a set of fixed platform promises as it is an attitude of mind and heart, a faith in man's ability through the experiences of his reason and judgment to increase for himself and his fellow men the amount of Justice and freedom and brotherhood which all human life deserves.

I believe also in the United States of America, in the promise that it contains and has contained throughout our history of producing a society so abundant and creative and so free and responsible that it cannot only fulfill the aspirations of its citizens, but serve equally well as a beacon for all mankind. I do not believe in a super state. I see no magic to tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale Federal bureaucracies in this administration, as well as in others. I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well. But I believe in a government which acts, which exercises its full powers and its full responsibilities. Government is an art and a precious obligation; and when it has a job to do, I believe it should do it. And this requires not only great ends but that we propose concrete means of achieving them.

Our responsibility is not discharged by an announcement of virtuous ends. Our responsibility is to achieve these objectives with social invention, with political skill, and executive vigor. I believe for these reasons, that liberalism is our best and our only hope in the world today. For the liberal society is a free society, and it is at the same time and for that reason a strong society. Its strength is drawn from the will of free people committed to great ends and peacefully striving to meet them. Only liberalism, in short, can repair our national power, restore our national purpose, and liberate our national energies.

Our liberalism has its roots in our diverse origins. Most of us are descended from that segment of the American population which was once called an immigrant minority. Today, along with our children and grandchildren, we do not feel minor. We feel proud of our origins and we are not second to any group in our sense of national purpose. For many years New York represented the new frontier to all those who came from the ends of the earth to find new opportunity and new freedom, generations of men and women who fled from the despotism of the czars, the horrors of the Nazis, the tyranny of hunger, who came here to the new frontier in the State of New York. These men and women, a living cross section of American history, indeed, a cross section of the entire world's history of pain and hope, made of this city and only a new world of opportunity, but a new world of the spirit as well.

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back