5 Myths About Global Health Care

jreeves is right about needing to become a healthier citizenry, learning how to change our lifestyles...eating healthier and exercise more...this will keep health care costs down, or it should keep health care costs down because we should be healthier, on the whole.
Why does our country suffer from the "disease" of obesity? Perhaps the stress of worrying about providing health care for our children? :eusa_whistle:

It's not fair to even have to pay for healthcare. It's necessary for humans to survive. Why should we have to pay to survive?

Yeah!!! And free food too...!!! And I want free gasoline to fuel the delivery truck that brings the free food to me!!!! And I want free electricity to cook that free fuckin food too...!!!

Don't forget the free home too man!!
Wooohooo what a country!!

jreeves is right about needing to become a healthier citizenry, learning how to change our lifestyles...eating healthier and exercise more...this will keep health care costs down, or it should keep health care costs down because we should be healthier, on the whole.
Why does our country suffer from the "disease" of obesity? Perhaps the stress of worrying about providing health care for our children? :eusa_whistle:

More than likely it's because people are less active, and they're stuffing their face with processed foods, and lots of it.
Throw in less and less personal responsibility and there you have, I'd wager, a big percentage of the fat.

I'm not convinced that taxing bad foods/drinks will persuade people who are either to lazy, or claim they're too busy, to take the 1/2hr->hr it takes to prepare a decent meal.

True, but what does this have to do with a car accident and not having insurance?

What does this have to do with Breast cancer or TB?

What does this have to do with a guy who lost his job, health care and has two children?

What does this have to do with so many other health issues that have nothing to do with diet, Mr. Health foods ceo.

Eating well and exercising is important, but it is not everything. We as Americans are pigs, but that has nothing to do with breaking you leg in an accident.

Agree?

That's because the tax restricts freedoms whereas education and wellness programs would go a long way to helping change lifestyles.

That's the funniest post ever.

A tax on soft drinks is a great idea. Studies have shown that soft drinks are a big reason for American obesity.

It's my body, Ill do what I want with it. your side should understand that.

We do unerstand, but over 40 million people want the government to help them get affordable health care.

That's the funniest post ever.

A tax on soft drinks is a great idea. Studies have shown that soft drinks are a big reason for American obesity.

It's my body, Ill do what I want with it. your side should understand that.

We do unerstand, but over 40 million people want the government to help them get affordable health care.

which has nothing to do with what I said, and again, many of those 40 million are illegal aliens.

It's very simple. We've become lazy and uneducated. Our education system sucks, and we have one generation after another showing our kids how not to do things right. I'm not going to bother looking for any supporting documents on this, but I would venture to say that the most obese people are the poorest and least educated, while the healthiest are the wealthiest and most educated. Obviously, there are exeptions, but I do think you can generalize on this and have that be a fairly accurate statement.

It's very simple. We've become lazy and uneducated. Our education system sucks, and we have one generation after another showing our kids how not to do things right. I'm not going to bother looking for any supporting documents on this, but I would venture to say that the most obese people are the poorest and least educated, while the healthiest are the wealthiest and most educated. Obviously, there are exeptions, but I do think you can generalize on this and have that be a fairly accurate statement.
A lot of it comes from being corn fed. A huge part of our diet comes from animals that are force fed corn. Corporate America is to a large extent at fault.

From the article:
In Japan, waiting times are so short that most patients don't bother to make an appointment. One Thursday morning in Tokyo, I called the prestigious orthopedic clinic at Keio University Hospital to schedule a consultation about my aching shoulder. "Why don't you just drop by?" the receptionist said. That same afternoon, I was in the surgeon's office. Dr. Nakamichi recommended an operation. "When could we do it?" I asked. The doctor checked his computer and said, "Tomorrow would be pretty difficult. Perhaps some day next week?"

OMG, Japan! One of the most densely populated countries in the WORLD! A small country to houses 137 mil people! I bet the Japanese wait longer in traffic than in line for the doctor.

i'm not so certain it is that simple, though it should be....that would be the simplest, logical way to explain it....but i honestly believe, there is so much more to it....and maybe it is just me, i have one of those personalities that just wants to analyze things down to the nitty gritty before coming to any certain theory on it...

-is it because we have killed gym in schools as an every day event?
-is it because schools have limited or cut off playground recess due to kids being injured or fear of lawsuits?
-is it because sports are the first to go, especially women's sports for a while?
-is it because we do not as a society, put playing outside for kids high up on the latter anymore? Due to fear of pedophiles or kidnappers or crime in general? Or due to moms working and wanting kids safely in the house till they get home?
-is it because we are inundated with fast food joints from here to kingdom come? And restaurants lure you in by their, ''bigger than the next guy's portions''?
-is it because now most all mothers work, as well as tend to the family and there is not enough time for the truly home cooked meal every night? so it is, semi home made with processed products with fattening ingredients?
-is it because we fatten our cattle with fattening food? Or give them hormones? fascinated with cheese too much or fried foods too much or plain ole sugary or fattening filled junk?
-today there is computers/gaming but yesteryear it was tv's that got the fascination, so there should not be that much of a difference in child obesity from that alone?
-are there more poor people today, malnutritioned?
-is it the behavior modification or mood drugs we are giving our children and adults?

and those are the questions that came to mind without even truly thinking about it or truly picking the key areas that are musts in order to truly come to any kind of complete analysis of the ''why... we are more obese today?''.

(you should see the extensive research i do, when just picking a Vacation spot!!! :eek:)

care

I agree with Ravi, it's all this corn refuse, high fructose corn syrup and subsidies and other BS.

And not enough Brussels Sprouts.

I never said that soft drinks weren't a big reason for American obesity. I stated the tax restricted freedoms, if drinking soft drinks is done in moderation it will not cause obesity.

"Freedoms?"

That is so pathetic it is embarassing.

How so, you don't think freedoms are important? Big surprise...

Adding 3 cents to the cost of a drink with 15 teaspoons of sugar in it will not take away your "freedom."

Getting fat and dying from drinking too much soda might, however.

It's not fair to even have to pay for healthcare. It's necessary for humans to survive. Why should we have to pay to survive?

You do know that those doctors and nurses that provide you with care have to put food on their tables too, it's called a job.:cuckoo:

No its the stress of trying to figure out how to pay this tax and that tax....Every time you turn around your getting taxed, on your phone bill, at the grocery store, out of your paycheck...etc....

This massive health care bill will only add to the tax burden.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back