5 Founding Fathers' Skepticism About Christianity Would Make Them Unelectable Today

So now you have two lies you have yet to prove....

#1, that the founding fathers were "afraid" of religion, and
#2, that Jefferson wasn't a Christian.

I won't hold my breath. This is just more lies and posturing from the lying, posturing left, who have nothing else.

Over and dover, done and proved. That you don't believe it means nothing. Move on.

You haven't proven anything.

Please cite the evidence that proves Jefferson wasn't a christian, and that the founding fathers were afraid of religion.

Or admit to being a liar. Not that you need to.

You won't go to the sites, you won't look at the facts, and then you say I am wrong and a liar.

You are simply a evangelical far right kook and a liar. Maybe you don't realize you are lying. You may be truly nuts.

You need to be more specific than that, loser. If you can't state your point, you don't have one.

koshergirl is posting third-rate far right nonsense about Jefferson. Jefferson was a real Christian, she says, a moral Christian. One who took a slave mistress? One who freed only his slave children in his will? Is she nuts? She is melting down.

Here is koshergirl as the black knight: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690]Black Knight - YouTube[/ame]

Nonsense.

Please confirm your assertion that he was not a Christian, and the founding fathers were afraid of Christianity.

As we all watch koshergirl melt, what better proof than her that the far right religious wacks should never, ever have the influence in government they built from the late 80s through the early Bush years. The nation grows darker, younger, forward looking, leaving far right evangelicalism a group of old folks organizations.

koshergirl and her friends do us all a favor with their posting, as they remind the sane men and women of America that we want our government informed with religious and spiritual and ethical values while we keep our government and organized religion far, far apart. Otherwise, the two institutions will corrupt one another.

You won't go to the sites, you won't look at the facts, and then you say I am wrong and a liar.

You are simply a evangelical far right kook and a liar. Maybe you don't realize you are lying. You may be truly nuts.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRb8TigJ28]Monty Python - The Life of Brian - Crazy Prophets - YouTube[/ame]

where kg gets her info

Where has anyone claimed the Founders "were afraid of Christianity"?
Just like I stated earlier, the religous kooks still proclaim "I know it is true, but I do not believe it anyway"
pastramigirl is evidence of that. Makes it up as she goes.
What we have been stating is that the Founders were SCARED SHITLESS of religous influences and power in government.
And the Constitution is proof positive of that.
Pastramigirl knows that is fact all she does is dodge, side step, distracti, distort and dance.

Just like I stated earlier, the religous kooks still proclaim "I know it is true, but I do not believe it anyway"
What we have been stating is that the Founders were SCARED SHITLESS of religous influences and power in government.
Pastramigirl knows that is fact all she does is dodge, side step, distracti, distort and dance.

And drivel. No real christian has any problem with separation of organized religion and state.

Your bud JS did. Read the thread.

So now you have two lies you have yet to prove....

#1, that the founding fathers were "afraid" of religion, and
#2, that Jefferson wasn't a Christian.

I won't hold my breath. This is just more lies and posturing from the lying, posturing left, who have nothing else.

Over and dover, done and proved. That you don't believe it means nothing. Move on.

No, not done and proved, liar.

So this thread, like others before it, ends because a lying liberal makes statements he refuses to back up...aside from the tried and true "we already proved that in a way I won't define, some 15 days past in another thread that I won't name or link", and then pretends that somehow that allows him to claim victory.

Lol. What a dope.

Last edited:
You are progressive far right wing pretend Christian, koshergirl.

You have lied. In truth, most of the Founders were Christians. All had spiritual values. That's the truth.

You have lied. In truth, the majority feared the operation of government and established church on each other, that government and an organized religion corrupted both, making people less free.

In fact, the U.S. was the first nation in modern times without an established church.

In fact, you won't read that with which you disagree. The finest book on the Founders and their faith is Walden's Founding Faith: How Our Founding Fathers Forged a Radical New Approach to Religious Liberty http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=waldman+founding+faith&tag=ff0d01-20.

You could read the reviews there, but you won't.

You are a fraud, puffing yourself up with pomposity as a facade for your ignorance on the matter.

Last edited:
As we all watch koshergirl melt, what better proof than her that the far right religious wacks should never, ever have the influence in government they built from the late 80s through the early Bush years. The nation grows darker, younger, forward looking, leaving far right evangelicalism a group of old folks organizations.

koshergirl and her friends do us all a favor with their posting, as they remind the sane men and women of America that we want our government informed with religious and spiritual and ethical values while we keep our government and organized religion far, far apart. Otherwise, the two institutions will corrupt one another.

Well no. Koshergirl put your ass in a sling big time. Now you are just swinging around in mid air.

Thomas Jefferson -
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

Franklin -
"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshiped.

That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;

But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

Madison -
"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.

Adams -
"The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made 'bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God' (Isaiah 52:10)."
--Life of John Quincy Adams, p. 248.

Massive bullshit. The forebears believed in a god of nature. That's why they spelled it out in the declaration of independence. DUUUHHH

Actual quotes from their own handwritten letters, kept in the library of congress, and history books. You can get them right from the library of congress. You can order them right from the web site.
Library of Congress Home

It says Laws of Nature and of Natures' God,(God created nature)
Not God of nature.

Well no. Koshergirl put your ass in a sling big time. Now you are just swinging around in mid air.

Well, yes. :lol:

Thomas Jefferson -
"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

Franklin -
"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshiped.

That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;

But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

Madison -
"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.

Adams -
"The hope of a Christian is inseparable from his faith. Whoever believes in the divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures must hope that the religion of Jesus shall prevail throughout the earth. Never since the foundation of the world have the prospects of mankind been more encouraging to that hope than they appear to be at the present time. And may the associated distribution of the Bible proceed and prosper till the Lord shall have made 'bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God' (Isaiah 52:10)."
--Life of John Quincy Adams, p. 248.

Massive bullshit. The forebears believed in a god of nature. That's why they spelled it out in the declaration of independence. DUUUHHH

Actual quotes from their own handwritten letters, kept in the library of congress, and history books. You can get them right from the library of congress. You can order them right from the web site.
Library of Congress Home

It says Laws of Nature and of Natures' God,(God created nature)
Not God of nature.

Cammie is the left wing of idiocy mirroring the idiocy of the far right wing of the koshergirls.

Still no links, quotes, or even vague paraphrases backing up any of the retardisms you've spouted?

Forum List

Back