Pearl of wisdom: How to deal with ignorants ?

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
"The foolish one addresses me with words of disgrace, but I hate to respond to him in a similar manner.

The more ignorant he proves, the more patient I become.

Just like the incense; the more it's burnt, the more it releases its fragrance
."

Muhammad ibn Idrīs

al-Shafiʿī (769-820 CE) who established one of the four schools of jurisprudence, the Shafiʿī Madhhab.

"The foolish one addresses me with words of disgrace, but I hate to respond to him in a similar manner.

."

Muhammad ibn Idrīs

al-Shafiʿī (769-820 CE) who established one of the four schools of jurisprudence, the Shafiʿī Madhhab.

The people who wrote that stuff thought there was water above and water below the ground.They didn't know shit from shinola.

cosmas15-plate01.gif

The people who wrote that stuff thought there was water above and water below the ground.They didn't know shit from shinola.
So you have never heard of an Aquifer ?

Most land areas on Earth have some form of aquifer underlying them, sometimes at significant depths.

"Aquifers are critically important in human habitation and agriculture. Deep aquifers in arid areas have long been water sources for irrigation. Many villages and even large cities draw their water supply from wells in aquifers.

The Great Artesian Basin situated in Australia is arguably the largest groundwater aquifer in the world [8] (over 1.7 million km²). It plays a large part in water supplies for Queensland and remote parts of South Australia.

The Guarani Aquifer with an area of 1.2 million km² is shared by Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay."

Aquifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wasn't there something about patience with the ignorant?

I am beyond patience. If the anti religion liberals want to believe that the oceans and rivers aren't above ground why argue. If the anti religion liberals want to believe there is no such thing as aquifers, underground rivers or even the existence of wells, why argue.

Did you mean to say "ignorance"?

Ignorance is bliss, until one starts climbing out of it. It then serves as a source of pain and suffering until you conquer it. Someone else's ignorance is not my concern until their ignorance is a direct threat to me. At that point, I will not tolerate their ignorance, but respond with force. Turning the other cheek is all fine and good until it gets you killed.

Most land areas on Earth have some form of aquifer underlying them, sometimes at significant depths.

"Aquifers are critically important in human habitation and agriculture. Deep aquifers in arid areas have long been water sources for irrigation. Many villages and even large cities draw their water supply from wells in aquifers.

The Great Artesian Basin situated in Australia is arguably the largest groundwater aquifer in the world [8] (over 1.7 million km²). It plays a large part in water supplies for Queensland and remote parts of South Australia.

The Guarani Aquifer with an area of 1.2 million km² is shared by Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay."

You know damn well that's not what the ignorant pilgrims in the stone age thought. They didn't even know a cloud was made up of water vapor. That's where the deal about Jesus coming back riding a cloud deal came from. They believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. They fell for magic tricks right and left. They thought when they pointed up that's where heaven was and had no clue that pointing up 12 hours later was pointing in exactly the opposite direction. Very stupid and naive people back then. Very similar to those who swallow that bullschit today.

Wasn't there something about patience with the ignorant?

I am beyond patience. If the anti religion liberals want to believe that the oceans and rivers aren't above ground why argue. If the anti religion liberals want to believe there is no such thing as aquifers, underground rivers or even the existence of wells, why argue.

Arguing is a waste of my time on this board. There are too many who just use their ignorance to incite, and others who just have to have the last word, and others who just need to slander.

I like to consider the sources and stay above the fray.
imagesCAGL5E3M.jpg

Where's theliq when one needs clarification? 'specially regarding Queensland?

I do like the word "igno-rants".

We should apply that term to Cammmmpbelllllll's or Loki's crazed, tiresome, and WAY TOO LONG blatherings.

."

Muhammad ibn Idrīs

The more patient I see people being, the more condescending they become with others.
This patience is usually accompanied by the term, you do not understand. This is constantly repeated by the patient and condescending one who thinks he has an inside track to knowledge and wisdom. He is usually a fool.

It is usually used by people who cannot express an idea well enough to make themselves understood or believed because they live in a fantasy world.

In religious terms, these ideas usually center on fantasies, miracles and magic, that the patient one believes to be true, are a delusion that the other, so called ignorant one, will just not believe and the believer cannot express in a coherent way.

His ever so patient faith cannot break the thinking ability of those who will not delude themselves and yes, do not understand why the condescending and otherwise good mind, will follow poor religious fantasies.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther

Regards
DL

There is water above and below the ground.

Again, cammmmmmmmahem proves he's a dolt.

ROTFL!!! He also put two naked teens in a garden with a snake and VOILA!! The Eternal Damnation of mankind. I love it when folks I'm arguing with believe ancient sheep herders.

And The Lord God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
(Genesis 1:6-8 KJV)

cosmas15-plate01.gif

Last edited:
Thre's a difference between an ignorant person who has an open mind and is willing to learn and an ignorant person who is neither. Nothing wrong with offering a differing point of view, but once you've determined the person you're dealing with has no interest in any other pov, there's really no point in continuing a discussion.

Thre's a difference between an ignorant person who has an open mind and is willing to learn and an ignorant person who is neither. Nothing wrong with offering a differing point of view, but once you've determined the person you're dealing with has no interest in any other pov, there's really no point in continuing a discussion.

Yes I'll Be Here When The Morning Comes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=857UlAih2PI]Jerry Lee Lewis - Haunted House - YouTube[/ame]

This discussion is deep.:popcorn:

In discussions about ancient gods the shit is always deep:

1) Mankind and dinosaurs on a boat till nearly four mile deep waters receded/evaporated?

2)Big fish puking up live men?

3) Folks enduring a 1200 degreefurnace?

4) Seas opening long enough for the white hats to pass then closing on the bad guys?

5) Stone walls falling on command?

6) Evil people being turned into salt?

7) The sun blacked out by an invisilbe man in the sky

8) 5,000 hungry pilgrims plus women and children
being fed with two fish and five loaves then twelve baskets of leftovers collected?

9) Virgin Birth?

10) Healing leprosy by touching?

11) Walking on water?

12) Turning water into wine?

13) Raising from the dead?

14) Hanging a man up and bleeding him to death only to see
him rise again?

1) Mankind and dinosaurs on a boat till nearly four mile deep waters receded/evaporated?

4) Seas opening long enough for the white hats to pass then closing on the bad guys?

being fed with two fish and five loaves then twelve baskets of leftovers collected?

9) Virgin Birth?

11) Walking on water?

him rise again?

No. 12 is my personal favorite!:banana:

9) Virgin Birth?

11) Walking on water?

him rise again?

No. 12 is my personal favorite!:banana:

Actually he turned it into fine wine:

“A host always serves the best wine first,” he said. “Then, when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!”
— John 2:10

9) Virgin Birth?

11) Walking on water?

him rise again?

Virganic birth is possible through artificial insemination.

If man can do it so can God.

Forum List

Back