5 Days left....I call the Senate 53 47 for the Dems

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Senate No Toss Ups

Looking like no change in the Senate with Dems holding their seats

Key races:

Massachusetts- was once too close to call, Warren opening a comfortable lead. Republicans could lose Teddy Kennedys seat

Montana- This one is too close to call. Republican Rehberg holds a 0.3 lead over Tester

Arizona- Relatively unknown Carmona (D) surging on Flake. Large hispanic turnout could swing the seat to the Dems as well as help Obama

Indiana- Once a safe Republican stronghold, the Tea Party candidate Mourdock looks like he may cough the seat up to the Dems

Missouri- Tea Party candidate Akin seems to have blown a sure Republican victory over incumbent McCaskill

When the dust settles, I look for Dems to hold their 53-47 majority but it could go as high as 55-45

Might as well go for Dems 100 Repubs 0....I mean, if you're going to dream, dream big.

Last edited:
RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Senate No Toss Ups

Looking like no change in the Senate with Dems holding their seats

Key races:

Massachusetts- was once too close to call, Warren opening a comfortable lead. Republicans could lose Teddy Kennedys seat

Montana- This one is too close to call. Republican Rehberg holds a 0.3 lead over Tester

Arizona- Relatively unknown Carmona (D) surging on Flake. Large hispanic turnout could swing the seat to the Dems as well as help Obama

Indiana- Once a safe Republican stronghold, the Tea Party candidate Mourdock looks like he may cough the seat up to the Dems

Missouri- Tea Party candidate Akin seems to have blown a sure Republican victory over incumbent McCaskill

When the dust settles, I look for Dems to hold their 53-47 majority but it could go as high as 55-45

Might as well go for Dems 100 Repubs 0....I mean, if you're going to dream, dream big.

Feel free to post your own numbers.....I'd love to see them

I think it will be an even 50-50.

Republicans pick up ND, NE, MT, VA, and WI. They lose ME and MA. Hold everything else.

I think you're wrong on Indiana. That race is changing fast and is likely to decide control of the Senate. Hoosiers are a conservative bunch, but they're decent folks. The Democrats in the state aren't that liberal and tolerable to most Hoosiers.

Mourdock shot himself in the foot there.

Donnelly is also pro-life, so social conservative Republicans won't have much problem voting for him, at least enough to put him over the top.

Republicans pick up ND, NE, MT, VA, and WI. They lose ME and MA. Hold everything else.

I think you're wrong on Indiana. That race is changing fast and is likely to decide control of the Senate. Hoosiers are a conservative bunch, but they're decent folks. The Democrats in the state aren't that liberal and tolerable to most Hoosiers.

Yeah, you may be right about that.

Joe Donnelly Building Lead In Indiana, Polls Show

Regardless, I'm still standing by my 50-50 prediction as being the most accurate one in this thread. There is always a dark horse candidate that ends up surprising everyone on election day. In 2010 it was Ron Johnson beating Russ Feingold out of nowhere. I'm sure we'll see one like that this year, perhaps McMahon in CT or Smith in PA.

Yeah, you may be right about that.

Joe Donnelly Building Lead In Indiana, Polls Show

Regardless, I'm still standing by my 50-50 prediction as being the most accurate one in this thread. There is always a dark horse candidate that ends up surprising everyone on election day. In 2010 it was Ron Johnson beating Russ Feingold out of nowhere. I'm sure we'll see one like that this year, perhaps McMahon in CT or Smith in PA.

Yeah, I can see 50-50 happening as there's always a shock. It isn't clear who's going to win at the top of the ticket and if they have any coattails to ride, so some of these elections could go either way.

Democrats flip seats in AZ, IN, MA, ME.

Republicans flip seats in ND, NE, MT.

Net: +1 to Democrats, making it 54-46. Better than it looks for the Democrats, because DINOs Lieberman and Nebraska-Nelson will be gone, effectively giving the Democrats another 2 votes on many issues.

The polls clearly indicate a solid Democratic majority to spare in the Senate.

Boehner et al will easily defeat any dem legislation.

Unless . . .

Reid turns his back on the hard lefties in the Senate and Boehner his on the Tea Pary in the House, and each tries forge a consensus with the other party's moderates and centerists.

The problem is that the GOP house leadership is going to have to hew and chop the underbrush on their side of the aisle.

Democrats flip seats in AZ, IN, MA, ME.

Republicans flip seats in ND, NE, MT.

Net: +1 to Democrats, making it 54-46. Better than it looks for the Democrats, because DINOs Lieberman and Nebraska-Nelson will be gone, effectively giving the Democrats another 2 votes on many issues.

Carmona won't win in Arizona.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lHU2QuxmEr8]Virgin Girl and the Dream of Her First Sexual Experience...and Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back