5 Days left....I call the Senate 53 47 for the Dems

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Senate No Toss Ups

Looking like no change in the Senate with Dems holding their seats

Key races:

Massachusetts- was once too close to call, Warren opening a comfortable lead. Republicans could lose Teddy Kennedys seat

Montana- This one is too close to call. Republican Rehberg holds a 0.3 lead over Tester

Arizona- Relatively unknown Carmona (D) surging on Flake. Large hispanic turnout could swing the seat to the Dems as well as help Obama

Indiana- Once a safe Republican stronghold, the Tea Party candidate Mourdock looks like he may cough the seat up to the Dems

Missouri- Tea Party candidate Akin seems to have blown a sure Republican victory over incumbent McCaskill

When the dust settles, I look for Dems to hold their 53-47 majority but it could go as high as 55-45

Go jerk yourself off to this, asswipe...

obama-shirtless-hawaii.jpg

Yeah. It's coming down the the fact that the GOP blew two easy seats in Indiana and Missouri. I'm predicting about 51-49 as I'm not as confident about the Wisconsin race as the rest of the net seems to be. If Obama takes the state, then yeah, your numbers are going to be very very close.

Either way, Democratic control thanks to old white guys that think they should be pontificating about rape.

In the Montana race, Tester has been up in 4 of the last 5 polls, and tied in the fifth.

In Arizona, Carmona has been surging, and is 1.2 points behind Flake. I also believe the polls understate the Hispanic turnout there.

Suprisingly, Kerrey has been surging in Nebraska. I don't think he'll win, but he's looking good.

The real prize is Indiana. Going after Lugar's seat, Donnelly is running 1.2 points over Mourdock.

It's going to be a Democratic pickup, and I'll go with 55-45.

Yeah. It's coming down the the fact that the GOP blew two easy seats in Indiana and Missouri. I'm predicting about 51-49 as I'm not as confident about the Wisconsin race as the rest of the net seems to be. If Obama takes the state, then yeah, your numbers are going to be very very close.

Either way, Democratic control thanks to old white guys that think they should be pontificating about rape.

Baldwin has been up in 8 of the last 10 polls. I think it's a lock.

2012 Wisconsin Senate: Thompson vs. Baldwin

I think it will be an even 50-50.

Republicans pick up ND, NE, MT, VA, and WI. They lose ME and MA. Hold everything else.

Republicans are going to lose the U.S. Senate seat in Maine, for sure.

Olympia Snowe is retiring and an "independent", former Maine Governor Angus King, is way ahead in the polls.

Angus King is a Democrat, and he will caucus with the Dems.

As for Scott Brown in Massachusetts, he will retain his Senate seat. Warren is a SNAKE, and Brown is very popular because he is considered to be a "moderate" Republican.

Last edited:
Republicans are going to lose the U.S. Senate seat in Maine, for sure.

Olympia Snowe is retiring and an "independent", former Maine Governor Angus King, is way ahead in the polls.

Angus King is a Democrat, and he will caucus with the Dems.

As for Scott Brown in Massachusetts, he will retain his Senate seat. Warren is a SNAKE, and Brown is very popular because he is considered to be a "moderate" Republican.

I thought Brown would hang on up until a couple of weeks ago. Warren has pulled ahead in a majority of polls now and undecideds typically break for the challenger.

This is one candidate with a name anyone has to learn how to spell! This is not just some new refugee from Massachusetts(?), with ketchup on his vest(?). . .or resume. . . or whatever! Politicians from Massachussetts tend to be swimming in money. in contrast!

When there was no Senate race in Nebraska, in contrast again, Kerrey was losing by nearly 20 points in most polling. Now he is down three as of 10/25, and picking up a Republican endorsement in Republican Nebraska.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Nebraska Senate - Fischer vs. Kerrey

Anyone has to guess that Kerrey actually knows how to work his way around the state, and especially now that the entire Republican Senate race has become rape-centered, and has otherwise disappeared. Secretary of State Powell was the first to endorse a Democrat, Obama. New Jersey Governor, Republican Christie, provided major support for Democrat Obama. Former Senator Hagel is now completely endorsing Bob Kerrey!

Mostly the economic events are turning into pro-incumbent Democrat--having been upbraided by Republican candidates, all year long. So then a Republican Senator fairly genuinely respected--as oppoed to candidates Aiken or Mourdock--is supporting another former U. S. Senator, Kerrey!

Plus one Democrats, Minus One Republicans. The National Ticket momentum was winding down last week, and likely offers no help to candidate what's-her-name!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Lands of Many Nations even need to wonder if Real Chuck Hagel can still Chuck Wood(?). . .and definitely not bring up the newer Senate Republican Christian Values, in any remarks(?)!)

Last edited:
I think it will be an even 50-50.

Republicans pick up ND, NE, MT, VA, and WI. They lose ME and MA. Hold everything else.

I think you're wrong on Indiana. That race is changing fast and is likely to decide control of the Senate. Hoosiers are a conservative bunch, but they're decent folks. The Democrats in the state aren't that liberal and tolerable to most Hoosiers.

Mourdock shot himself in the foot there.

As low as 52 to 48 to as high as 55 to 45. President Romney is going to have to compromise quite a bit.

The steadily increasing likelihood (which Nate Silver currently pegs as a 90.9% probability) of Democrats hanging onto control of the Senate is the great underreported national political story of the year. It means the pleasant fantasy that conservative activists have used to rock themselves to sleep each night—a President Romney prepared to sign a vast budget reconciliation bill modeled on Ryan’s blueprint, whipped through both Houses of Congress without a single compromise on a straight party-line vote—is fading, no matter what happens at the top of the ballot.

Political Animal - Senate Underachievers

As low as 52 to 48 to as high as 55 to 45. President Romney is going to have to compromise quite a bit.

Republicans do not compromise....it shows weakness

And, Mitt had a rep for NOT compromising when he was guv. I posted a link earlier.

Oh, and he commandeered an entire elevator in the state house so there was not chance he might run into an irate constituent or legislator.

The guy is a snake in human clothing.

(Sorry snakes.)

Republicans do not compromise....it shows weakness

According to lushbo, its also a sign of man on man love. That's what he said about Christie/Obama today - that their working together was somehow evidence of homosexuality.

He's obviously in the closet and probably had the hots for Christie. That's why he's so jealous today.

Forum List

Back