$5 a gallon oil in 2012

How does Hugo Chavez know how people should spend their money?

I repeat! What the fuck is wrong with you? What the fuck does the price of and future availability of gasoline here in the United States have to do with Chavez?

OK I get it...you cannot imagine your neighbors kicking in your door and taking everything including your life. You probably have never been anywhere where that possibility is a constant probability. Do you have any fucking idea how close we just came to THAT very reality as you fucking morons were holding 20 million already desperate Americans hostage so your precious billionaires wouldn't have to pay a fair share of the freight?

You obviously do not know much about human nature sport. I've been in places where there are two pairs of machine gun armed police on EVERY FUCKING BLOCK. FUCK!!! Never mind!! you won't get it even when you are laying there dying on your front lawn and someone is pulling your gold teeth out of your mouth. You think I am exaggerating? I've seen it. And not too very far from your boogyman Chavez. You have no fucking idea what even you fine upstanding citizens are capable of when things get truly desperate. I pity you dumb ones.

Crime rates in most areas are actually down with the sluggish economy.

Boy, I can't wait until Hubbert's peak oil curve is on the downward trajectory. Considering pretty much all of America's infrastructure relies on oil, we're screwed.

yep unlike Europe and other areas America was designed around cheap oil and the automobile.
And we have gone away from mass transit vs towards it.

Huh? They are already rioting in the streets there because all the benefits they were promised can't be paid for.

This is Big Oil manipulating the media to gin up support for them to raise the price of oil and gas even though the demand actually is not there. If the price of oil were based on actual demand it would be around 30-35 bucks a barrel. All the rest is based on commodities brokers and investors. The boys from Exxon anda few others think that demand for gasoline peaked in 2006 or 2007. So why is the price going up? Manipulation is the only reason.

Green Ink: Forget Peak Oil; Peak Gasoline is Already Here - Environmental Capital - WSJ

How does Hugo Chavez know how people should spend their money?

I repeat! What the fuck is wrong with you? What the fuck does the price of and future availability of gasoline here in the United States have to do with Chavez?

OK I get it...you cannot imagine your neighbors kicking in your door and taking everything including your life. You probably have never been anywhere where that possibility is a constant probability. Do you have any fucking idea how close we just came to THAT very reality as you fucking morons were holding 20 million already desperate Americans hostage so your precious billionaires wouldn't have to pay a fair share of the freight?

You obviously do not know much about human nature sport. I've been in places where there are two pairs of machine gun armed police on EVERY FUCKING BLOCK. FUCK!!! Never mind!! you won't get it even when you are laying there dying on your front lawn and someone is pulling your gold teeth out of your mouth. You think I am exaggerating? I've seen it. And not too very far from your boogyman Chavez. You have no fucking idea what even you fine upstanding citizens are capable of when things get truly desperate. I pity you dumb ones.

Crime rates in most areas are actually down with the sluggish economy.

Is that what you call having NO money and you and your family are being evicted from your home? Sluggish economy? OK ..I see I have been wasting my time. I will put you on ignore now because you are too stupid to even listen to good advice and your nonsense is giving me a headache.. bye bye.

The Chevy folks came up with the Volt (which was production ready btw) in 2006. They didn't release it until 2010. Why? Because up until then, nobody was interested in electric cars.

Honda as well as many other foreign car companies are coming up with electric cars, there is an increase in windfarms, and various stockyards as well as garbage dumps, are starting to harvest the methane that comes from those places.

Yep.........if big oil keeps doing what it's doing, they're gonna price themselves out of existence.

We can only hope..........

How much oil does the Navy use in a day to power all of those boats cruising from port to port.

Depends on if it's a nuclear powered vessel or not. All US Navy carriers are nuke power now.

And.......they're working on other ships as well.

Obviously, but one friend told me about a medium sized vessel he worked on as a machinist, he claimed 60,000 gallons of diesel per day.

Boy, I can't wait until Hubbert's peak oil curve is on the downward trajectory. Considering pretty much all of America's infrastructure relies on oil, we're screwed.

yep unlike Europe and other areas America was designed around cheap oil and the automobile.

Do you use mass transit?

Do you use mass transit?

I would if it were available here. Heck Greyhound even dropped it's route thru here. No bus or train station in the county seat.

Well to be fully honest I am pretty much wheelchairbound and do not travel much at all any more.

You know.........big oil should remember that the biggest advances in alternative energy came from the last time that gas hit 4.00/gal.

Me? I'm glad that I got back on my Lemond bicycle this summer, and am even more happy that I can knock out 20 miles no problem, even at age 46.

I hope that this time the alternative energy make even bigger advances because of this and render gas and oil useless.

Yeah cause everyone lives within biking distance to their work:cuckoo:
Great thoughts:lol:

Combine the Hubbert Peak with the damage from AGW to agriculture, and one can see some real hard times for many nations. Even for an overextended, both militarily and economically, superpower.

How much oil does the Navy use in a day to power all of those boats cruising from port to port.

In 2007 the US military used 117,000,000 barrels of oil. According to a Pentagon spokesman for every $10 rise in oil price the cost to the Military increases by $1,300,000,000 per year.

US military energy consumption- facts and figures | Energy Bulletin

Another source estimates 160,000,000 barrels of oil a year are used.

Military Oil Usage Statistics

Any way you put it when oil goes up it costs the US government al lot of money, and where is that money coming from? More and more from China. Just think what would happen if the world stopped buying our debt.

The moment things look like they're coming back, speculators start driving up the price of oil, thus depressing the economy.

This could go on for quite some time.

Eventually conservation and expansion of energy sources might help, of course, but those things take time to get online.

Until we change this fundamental factor driving our economic system I suspect we're reaching the limits of economic growth.

What do you think the wind fields and solar fields are for?

There to make the banks rich financing them, its to make the politicians rich after they get out of office through giving speeches for the regulations, laws, grants, subsidies, research money, guaranteed loans, new bureaucratic agencies supporting green energy.

Its to make Oil Companies rich selling the petrochemicals used in the production of fiberglass and carbon fiber, the fossil fuel used to produce cement for the foundations, oil companies get rich because more of their product is needed by people running trucks and trains to the mines for the raw material used to produce the worlds largest power plant that produces the least amount of power.

Electric companies get to raise the price of electricity because Green energy is more expensive, of course not everyone can pay this higher amount so now we will have rates for the rich, the upper middle class, the middle class, and special rates and programs for everyone else, all this with a government agency managing the laws that mandate this and monitoring the progress.

A huge increase in the size of government, the EPA now grows to enforce all the new laws. The Department of Energy has been growing for years, funneling money into private research groups and universities.

And on top of all this we must add the Lawyers and Judges that mitigate the law as well as every single site that is built, typically with lawsuits that follow for years after.

All so we can save foreign companies and governments that feed off our government subsidies that pay for their expensive piece of shit Green Energy.:clap2:

I'll just register all my vehicles in the business's name and take the gas costs as a write off.

Forum List

Back