49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit

I noticed the OP article jumps from third quarter 2008 to third quarter 2010 and that the topic starter blames Obama for the explosion of people on food stamps.

However, let's take a look at the second quarter of 2009 when Obama had been in office for just three months:

11ieet4.png

As you can plainly see, the explosion of people on food stamps was well under way. A 27 percent leap in six months! And that has to be ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Bush, right? Since you guys were blaming Obama for people on food stamps, then it is only fair to blame Bush for the actual explosion which was underway when Obama took office.
yes it was going up three years ago. No one is giving Bush a pass however those quicker to blame bush never once give obama any blame. But thats life of an obama troll.

If you want poor people off the government tit, I have a radical idea.

Stop making so many poor people!

When you blow up the economy and shit in your own nest, don't complain when all those people you fucked over go on the welfare tit. It makes you look not only heartless, but profoundly stupid.

When you blow up the economy and shit in your own nest, don't complain when all those people you fucked over go on the welfare tit. It makes you look not only heartless, but profoundly stupid.

Here's an even better idea tell that to obama

As you can plainly see, the explosion of people on food stamps was well under way. A 27 percent leap in six months! And that has to be ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL Bush, right? Since you guys were blaming Obama for people on food stamps, then it is only fair to blame Bush for the actual explosion which was underway when Obama took office.
yes it was going up three years ago. No one is giving Bush a pass however those quicker to blame bush never once give obama any blame. But thats life of an obama troll.

I think you are incapable of providing evidence for your claims and so all you have in your toolbox is insults.

If you want to actually solve problems, you must first correctly identify them. Obama did not cause the spike in Unemployment, no matter how desperately you wish he was the cause. He did not cause all those people to go on food stamps no matter how many times you say he did.

In other words, you don't get to just make shit up and think it should stand, and then insult people who point out the errors of your ways. You just end up looking like an idiot.

I'll say it again, since you seem to be ignorant of the facts: Obama is not responsible for all those people ending up in the poor house.

Obama and Congress are responsible for helping them to get out of the poor house, yes. But that is not what you came here to say. You came here to make shit up and rewrite history.

Obama was a junior senator from Illinois (and before that, a state senator) during the creation of events which caused the crash.

He did not make all those people poor.

I think you are incapable of providing evidence for your claims and so all you have in your toolbox is insults.

If you want to actually solve problems, you must first correctly identify them. Obama did not cause the spike in Unemployment, no matter how desperately you wish he was the cause. He did not cause all those people to go on food stamps no matter how many times you say he did.

In other words, you don't get to just make shit up and think it should stand, and then insult people who point out the errors of your ways. You just end up looking like an idiot.

I'll say it again, since you seem to be ignorant of the facts: Obama is not responsible for all those people ending up in the poor house.

Obama and Congress are responsible for helping them to get out of the poor house, yes. But that is not what you came here to say. You came here to make shit up and rewrite history.

Just like Bush wasn't the blame for all those people ending up in the poor house. But Bush get's the blame. obama get's a pat on the back for doing a smashing job. YES I KNOW THE OLD obama THEME SONG. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Answer this will obama run on his record for the 2012 election?

Obama was a junior senator from Illinois (and before that, a state senator) during the creation of events which caused the crash.

He did not make all those people poor.

He voted on it or pushed for it's passage.

If certain people would stop trying to retroactively blame Obama for events put into motion long before he entered the White House, and if certain people would stop trying to blame negroes for the financial meltdown which occured all around the entire world, I would not have to spend so much time setting the record straight. Then I could spend more time explaining exactly what Obama IS to be blamed for.

Happily so.

If you want to win elections and stuff, you have to get out of Fantasy Land and start living in reality.

If certain people would stop trying to retroactively blame Obama for events put into motion long before he entered the White House, and if certain people would stop trying to blame negroes for the financial meltdown which occured all around the entire world, I would not have to spend so much time setting the record straight. Then I could spend more time explaining exactly what Obama IS to be blamed for.

Happily so.

If you want to win elections and stuff, you have to get out of Fantasy Land and start living in reality.

Will obama run on his economic record in 2012?

Happily so.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the race card.

More bad news, but will it be mentioned in the mainstream media?

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That's up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.

Is Obama Creating A Nation Of Dependents? Nearly Half Now Get Government Benefits - Investors.com

I love it...now SS is a 'benefit'. Since when is getting your own money back that you've paid into all your life a benefit?

Happily so.

I just breezed by the bullshit and asked will obama run on he economic record in 2012 he hasn't answered that yet. I wonder why?

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That's up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.

Is Obama Creating A Nation Of Dependents? Nearly Half Now Get Government Benefits - Investors.com

I love it...now SS is a 'benefit'. Since when is getting your own money back that you've paid into all your life a benefit?

Yes it's a benefit that people pay into just like a 401 k is, or employee's insurance.

Yes it's a benefit that people pay into just like a 401 k is, or employee's insurance.

So you think it a bad thing that people are getting their own money back?

Happily so.

I just breezed by the bullshit and asked will obama run on he economic record in 2012 he hasn't answered that yet. I wonder why?

That ain't gonna happen... the CBO just came out and says it really isn't getting any better... and won't anytime soon. So, what then? The tired old "it would have been so much worse if not for me?"

Only an idiot is buying this....

Newt Gingrich has taken to characterizing President Barack Obama as “the food stamp president.” That description of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue’s current occupant is factually correct, both narrowly and broadly. Stating that fundamental truth does not make Gingrich or anyone else a racist, as leftist smear merchants in government, the Democratic Party, and the establishment press want America to believe.

Participation in the food stamp program, technically known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), has increased by 44% from 32.0 million in January 2009 to 46.2 million in October 2011, the last month for which data is available. During that time, the average monthly benefit per person has increased by over 18% from $114 to $135, even though the costs of food eaten at home have increased by only 5%, and even though gross benefits before deductions for income and assets three years ago roughly approximated what was needed to maintain adequate nutrition on a “thrifty meal plan.” Monthly program costs have increased by over 70%, from $3.6 billion to $6.2 billion.

PJ Media » Barack Obama Is the Food Stamp President

Newt Gingrich has taken to characterizing President Barack Obama as “the food stamp president.” That description of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue’s current occupant is factually correct, both narrowly and broadly. Stating that fundamental truth does not make Gingrich or anyone else a racist, as leftist smear merchants in government, the Democratic Party, and the establishment press want America to believe.

Participation in the food stamp program, technically known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), has increased by 44% from 32.0 million in January 2009 to 46.2 million in October 2011, the last month for which data is available. During that time, the average monthly benefit per person has increased by over 18% from $114 to $135, even though the costs of food eaten at home have increased by only 5%, and even though gross benefits before deductions for income and assets three years ago roughly approximated what was needed to maintain adequate nutrition on a “thrifty meal plan.” Monthly program costs have increased by over 70%, from $3.6 billion to $6.2 billion.

Well there's an unbiased site.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the biggest increases is Social Security. No matter who was president, the same Baby Boomers who retired under Obama, would have still retired if someone else was prez, so the dollar amount would have been the same exact number.

Using that example, makes me question the entire piece because the OP's linked article was easily proven to be intellectually dishonest. It didn't even take me a second to have that bulb light up regarding retiring Baby Boomers. So I checked it out, between 2002 and 2011, the amount of people on Social Security increased by almost 18%. Funny how the largest block of retirees in history, wasn't mentioned in the article.

Well there's an unbiased site.

As I pointed out earlier, one of the biggest increases is Social Security. No matter who was president, the same Baby Boomers who retired under Obama, would have still retired if someone else was prez, so the dollar amount would have been the same exact number.

Using that example, makes me question the entire piece because the OP's linked article was easily proven to be intellectually dishonest. It didn't even take me a second to have that bulb light up regarding retiring Baby Boomers. So I checked it out, between 2002 and 2011, the amount of people on Social Security increased by almost 18%. Funny how the largest block of retirees in history, wasn't mentioned in the article.

Right sure and obama is the greatest dictator of all times. I got it.

Let me get this straight, FICA taxes have been confiscated from our paychecks all our lives and spent by the federal government. Now Social Security is considered to be a federal "benefit"? Here's your benefit, give me back every dime I ever paid in FICA taxes in one lump sum with a moderate interest rate and shove your benefits where the sun don't shine.

Forum List

Back