49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit

There are probably in the neighborhood of 50,000 new disabled vets as a result of the Bush/Cheney war for oil.

Plus thousands more from the Reagan/Bush war for oil number 1.

Disabled vets are expensive big time so be it. They did not ask to be disabled therefore we take care of them and give them no shit.

The Bush/Cheney home loan fraud scam sent 11 million out of jobs. Then some of their employers skipped the country yet still receive USA tax benefits.

One day you will have to open your political eye and will see the truth. Things will get worse more people will have to get help from the government, because obama lowered the standard's. And no I don't think wounded soldiers get food stamps they get a disabilities check

The increase is due to obama's changing policy by allowing more people on the government dependency programs.

Link to these policy changes?
Are you saying obama hasn't lower the requirements for government food stamps? I was told thats why so many people are on food stanps now you're saying that's not the reason? Well if that isn't the reason why are there so many Americans getting food stamps?

The increase is due to obama's changing policy by allowing more people on the government dependency programs.

Are you saying obama hasn't lower the requirements for government food stamps?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. He didn't lower any requirements.
I was told thats why so many people are on food stanps
Don't believe everything you hear.
now you're saying that's not the reason? Well if that isn't the reason why are there so many Americans getting food stamps?
Perhaps because of the economy? High unemployment?

More Americans are getting food stamps because more Americans need food stamps.

There have been no changes in the requirements for food stamps.

More bad news, but will it be mentioned in the mainstream media?

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That's up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.

Is Obama Creating A Nation Of Dependents? Nearly Half Now Get Government Benefits - Investors.com

So the uptrend started with Reagan?

lol

I was told thats why so many people are on food stanps
now you're saying that's not the reason? Well if that isn't the reason why are there so many Americans getting food stamps?

It was made by someone on the left here defending obama because the food stamp numbers went up. So now you are saying liberals lie?

People getting benefits. According to the Census Bureau 49% now live in homes where at least one person gets a federal benefit — Social Security, workers comp, unemployment, subsidized housing, and the like. That's up from 44% the year before Obama took office, and way up from 1983, when fewer than a third were government beneficiaries.

Is Obama Creating A Nation Of Dependents? Nearly Half Now Get Government Benefits - Investors.com

Perhaps you should be investigating why so many people can't afford to live in their own country without help. Maybe that's where your OUTRAGE should be focused.

Absolutel BS!

Why are there a record number 46 million Americans on food stamp if obama did not lower the requirements to get them?
Because the GOP willfully destroyed the economy and are fighting any recovery.

IDIOT. You are to stupid and partisan to see it. Bush is gone has been for three years Senator obama was in congress and had his hands in on the mess, but you blame republicans all you want it's not going to fix obama's mess.

It was made by someone on the left here defending obama because the food stamp numbers went up. So now you are saying liberals lie?

Everyone lies, regardless of which "side" they're on.

Why are there a record number 46 million Americans on food stamp if obama did not lower the requirements to get them?

IDIOT. You are to stupid and partisan to see it. Bush is gone has been for three years Senator obama was in congress and had his hands in on the mess, but you blame republicans all you want it's not going to fix obama's mess.
Talk about IDIOCY!!!! How stupid do you have to be to even think that a junior Senator was more powerful than the lying BushWhacker??? :asshole:

Partisan made up bullshit

Of course it is partisan. How can it be any different? It as after all a Bush and a Cheney in charge of the enforcement arm of the government. A perfect example of how wealthy USA business people can screw up an economy due to incompetence backed with criminal minds.

Sure enough Bush and Cheney were in office at the time.

Absolutel BS!

Perhaps you should do some homework on food stamp requirements. Being unemployed is one good reason to get food stamps. Bush/Cheney put 11 million out of work. Now it is the governments responsibility to keep food on table by bringing tax dollars home.

Taxpayers deserve assistance after all it is their money!

Defending obama and blaming bush will only go so far.

Perhaps you should do some homework on food stamp requirements. Being unemployed is one good reason to get food stamps. Bush/Cheney put 11 million out of work. Now it is the governments responsibility to keep food on table by bringing tax dollars home.

I was not defending Obama. Yes I am blaming Bush/Cheney because it is appropriate.

So get it straight please.

Let the people use their tax dollars to feed themselves and family members. It is excellent use of tax dollars.

Last edited:

Of course it is partisan. How can it be any different? It as after all a Bush and a Cheney in charge of the enforcement arm of the government. A perfect example of how wealthy USA business people can screw up an economy due to incompetence backed with criminal minds.

Blaming Bush can only go so far until the retaliation that maybe it was also obama's fault until then this mess will never get fix keeping people in power who help cause this mess.

I was not defending Obama. Yes I am blaming Bush/Cheney because it is appropriate.

So get it straight please.

Who's president now? pull your head out of some ones ass so you can see bush is no longer president obama has been for three years.

The direct payments increasing, which they have done includes Social Security whereas the Baby Boomers started retiring early in GWB's first term and continue to escalate through Obama's term. Eight million have retired and were added to Social Security in the last ten years.
Social Security Online
Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Another direct payment is the Unemployment Benefits and the unemployment rate speaks for itself, it should be noted that for every job opening there are 4.2 unemployed workers, now that's an improvement from 6.1 unemployed per job opening in June of 2009 but a far cry when it was 1.8 unemployed per job opening just before the recession of 2007 took hold.

Also, I think it's very easy to assume that if there were more jobs available, the numbers on Food Stamps would drop. But it isn't exactly so. Wages have been flat for decades and in most cases have not kept up with inflation. As the income needed to qualify for Food Stamps is adjusted for inflation and as wages have not kept up with inflation, more and more people are becoming eligible for Food Stamps and they are working for a living.

Te best solution for the huge dependence on unemployment and Food Stamps is the creation of jobs. Who creates jobs? In the last few years, corporations have seen huge and record profits, yet they aren't hiring. They are sitting on trillions of dollars of capital. The job creator class hasn't seen such low Capital Gains tax rates in decades, yet there is no job creation, at least domestically to speak off.

Is it because of regulations, yes and no. Is it because of the low cost of hiring offshore? That certainly plays into the game. Is it the US tax rate for corporations, again yes and no. Many type "C" corporations don't pat taxes or pay very little in taxes and type "S" corporations pass the tax responsibility onto the shareholders who pay at 15%.
Two Thirds of US Corporations Don't Pay Federal Income Tax: True But Horribly Misleading - Forbes

Is it government who is responsible for creating jobs or is it the private sector? It's a combination of both. Government policy dictates the private sector in many ways, such as regulations. Yet when the US had a very business friendly administration, the concept of off-shoring jobs hit it's stride, almost as many jobs were created offshore as were created domestically.

I surmise, based on history that's it's the private sectors obsession with the bottom-line that has created the overwhelming amount of people who are reliant on government. If a business can cut their most expensive cost of doing business (payroll) and still see record profits, why would they hire more wage earners?

Blaming Bush can only go so far until the retaliation that maybe it was also obama's fault until then this mess will never get fix keeping people in power who help cause this mess.
The damage the GOP have done to the economy will take decades to fix, and then only if they can be stopped from interfering. We are paying nearly a half a trillion each year in interest on the GOP debt. We will be paying for the disabled vets from Bush's folly for decades. We will also be paying for Bush's unfunded Part D medicare also. Nearly all the debt over the last 3 years can be traced back to those 3 causes, but you knew that all along.

The damage the GOP have done to the economy will take decades to fix, and then only if they can be stopped from interfering. We are paying nearly a half a trillion each year in interest on the GOP debt. We will be paying for the disabled vets from Bush's folly for decades. We will also be paying for Bush's unfunded Part D medicare also. Nearly all the debt over the last 3 years can be traced back to those 3 causes, but you knew that all along.

:lol:

When were you offically declared insane?

How much of that has to do with the increase of autism and other disabilities. Both my kids now get disabilities, we didn't qualify when they were younger though I'm told some doctors got disabilities for their kids, but then they had lawyers and knew how to lie and work the system. I don't lie.

Now both my kids are getting disbiality. Another kid on disability is living with us because his mom is, well, not a mom.

My son is 27 and likely will never marry or have a life of his own. What do you want me to do, kick him out on the street so that we won't be one of the 49% of homes where one person gets money from a federal government? No? You want me to support him and not collect medicaid and disbility for him. And when we lose our house because our insurance won't pay for his medical needs anymore, then what? Will you be happy?

Forum List

Back