48%...

No doubt. And it will be a matter of time before the Statists will attempt to tell Americans what they really mean, And when they start telling Amricans what they really want.

As long as Government, and Obam's statists mignons sty in the way of business, and continue their WAR on freedom? These polls will continue to reflect it, and all the while the Statists will tell us how stupid we are.

What? You mean they think they are superior intellectually to the unwashed masses? OMG! They've been to Harvard, Yale, Stanford. They KNOW what's good for the country. Hell's bells, Obama taught at my alma mater, are you saying that it's possible that education is not indicative of being all knowing? Shit. ;)

Indeed. No amount of 'School' is enough, and a rather poor substitute to real life common sense which these elites continue to dismiss. It will be their undoing.

;)

Look at those emails by 'climate "scientists" '. Cooking the books. Too clever by half. The condescension and assumption of their brilliance is shocking. Same with Obama. It's a form, though I think beyond, narcissism.

Truth to tell, U of C was a great place intellectually, at the same time gave me uncomfortable vibes. I was too much the daughter of practical Irish parents, with high school educations. My folks managed to get through high school. A bit too gregarious and way too much of a non-geek appearing person. Funny thing though, dated two profs, turned down 2 others. Shanty Irish/Lace Irish mix rules! ;)

]Other then the fact that I don't really believe those numbers why is it that the alleged 'fix' for this problem is put off until 2012?

The numbers are real, sorry to burst your bubble.

As for the solution, I do not know why they are waiting until 2012. I assume it is due to the fact that they want to get this right and are going to set up so there are no major problems come 2012.

Remember, it is in the Dems best interest to get this done ASAP. If they were trying to score political points, they would have this passed and set up in a rushed manner before 2010 to point and say "look what we did."
C'mon....I know you're not that naïve.

But assuming that (which is a BIG stretch) why is it the tax increases kick in almost immediately?

The way I see it, they'll just move the goal posts. This will be spun into something along the lines of "other presidents had similar numbers at this juncture in their first term too".

I don't really care about polls. Never have. All they really are is a way to get Americans to beleive what the government wants them to believe.

A pre-determined answer to a question.

Exactly the point. This rather boils down to selecting the correct just course for the country. And that is rather what the question remains.

They WILL move the posts, of that there is no doubt. Just have they have subverted the language in the form of Political Correctness, thus redefining reality.
I don't expect anything less. And I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The only problem that remains to address is getting actual people who ARE conservative into a party that has a chance of winning. Right now, the GOP is just Democrat-lite.

Therefore the Mrak Levin-inspired term Repubican. The GOP has some hard decisions to make. For now they remain in a quandry, and it is well deserved.

]Other then the fact that I don't really believe those numbers why is it that the alleged 'fix' for this problem is put off until 2012?

The numbers are real, sorry to burst your bubble.

As for the solution, I do not know why they are waiting until 2012. I assume it is due to the fact that they want to get this right and are going to set up so there are no major problems come 2012.

Remember, it is in the Dems best interest to get this done ASAP. If they were trying to score political points, they would have this passed and set up in a rushed manner before 2010 to point and say "look what we did."

Well, you can believe any made up numbers you wish. Until I see numerous studies done by independent analysis (No, the news outlets are not a real source) I'll maintain, and have proven, that the alleged crisis in health care is a manufactured one.

And I do know why they are putting this off until 2012. Because when it goes into effect, it will be to late to affect Mr. Obama if he manages to win re-election. Along with the other Dems, the American people will then have endure four years of it. By the time that the second term of the current admin is coming to a close, the Democrats will be using health care the exact same way they use Social Security. They will fear-monger the American people with cries of, "They want to take your health Care AWAY FROM YOU!!!! Those evil bastards!

If they really did want to get it right, they would throw out what they have and sit down over the course of a few years and hammer out a GOOD piece of legislation. One in which the American people don't have to go bankrupt to solve or place our great-great-grandchildren into debt they can't pay off.

A solid health care bill will take power AWAY from government. Not add to it.

And that is why Obama does not have a strong card in health care. To many people see the fact that the supposed 'fix' is years away but costing them money right now.

Sorry, but his re-elections keeps slipping further away. And that is what it really is about.

Exactly the point. This rather boils down to selecting the correct just course for the country. And that is rather what the question remains.

They WILL move the posts, of that there is no doubt. Just have they have subverted the language in the form of Political Correctness, thus redefining reality.
I don't expect anything less. And I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The only problem that remains to address is getting actual people who ARE conservative into a party that has a chance of winning. Right now, the GOP is just Democrat-lite.

Therefore the Mrak Levin-inspired term Repubican. The GOP has some hard decisions to make. For now they remain in a quandry, and it is well deserved.
I agree.

What? You mean they think they are superior intellectually to the unwashed masses? OMG! They've been to Harvard, Yale, Stanford. They KNOW what's good for the country. Hell's bells, Obama taught at my alma mater, are you saying that it's possible that education is not indicative of being all knowing? Shit. ;)

Indeed. No amount of 'School' is enough, and a rather poor substitute to real life common sense which these elites continue to dismiss. It will be their undoing.

;)

Look at those emails by 'climate "scientists" '. Cooking the books. Too clever by half. The condescension and assumption of their brilliance is shocking. Same with Obama. It's a form, though I think beyond, narcissism.

Truth to tell, U of C was a great place intellectually, at the same time gave me uncomfortable vibes. I was too much the daughter of practical Irish parents, with high school educations. My folks managed to get through high school. A bit too gregarious and way too much of a non-geek appearing person. Funny thing though, dated two profs, turned down 2 others. Shanty Irish/Lace Irish mix rules! ;)

They don't expect us 'average Joes' to look at it in any depth much less challange it...thus they are quite surprised when they are challanged. Thus we witness the vitriol when Polls indicate that "JOE" is a bit pissed-off... but yet this sampling doesn't matter...

No, you're guessing and/or taking compulsive liars at their word.

Like I said, you're not this naïve.

I'm not taking anyone at their word. Like I said, I don't know their reasoning for 2012 and was guessing at it. I figure there is no reason for the Dems to rush this if it does pass. If they rush it and fuck it up, guess what? They will lose election after election.

I'm not naive, I'm looking at the impacts from a political standpoint.

Analyst sees 1.1 million filings in 2008

By Tom Stundza -- Purchasing, 5/6/2008 9:37:00 AM

The supply base is getting hammered by the slowing economy as latest surveys find U.S. business bankruptcy filings in April increased 49% from the year-ago month. Bloomberg reports that business filings rose to 5,173 during the month, according to statistics compiled from court records by Jupiter eSources in Oklahoma City. Business and individual bankruptcy filings totaled 93,096 in April after 90,000 such filings in March, Jupiter eSources reports.

Signs of distress, such as bankruptcies and foreclosures, typically rise when economic growth slows and economic activity has slowed to its weakest pace since the last recession in 2001. Atop that, the economy lost jobs in April for the fourth month in a row, for a total of 260,000 jobs cuts so far this year. Mike Bickford, president of Jupiter's Automated Access to Court Electronic Records service, anticipates 2008 bankruptcy filings will total about 1.1 million compared with 827,000 in 2007 and 590,000 in 2006, after a new law took effect in October 2005 that made it harder for people to erase debt.

Number of bankruptcies climbing in the U.S. - 2008-05-06 13:37:00 | Purchasing

So, we find that the economy is really the driving factor of bankruptcies and we can conclude that of 1.1 million, if we go by Dolbert's assertation, we have roughly 600k bankruptcies in a nation of 400 million.

So, we find that the economy is really the driving factor of bankruptcies and we can conclude that of 1.1 million, if we go by Dolbert's assertation, we have roughly 600k bankruptcies in a nation of 400 million.

600,000 bankruptcies that didn't need to happen if action was taken. It's 600,000 now, but what about this year? Or the next?

And a nation of 400 million, what the fuck are you smoking?

No, you're guessing and/or taking compulsive liars at their word.

Like I said, you're not this naïve.

I'm not taking anyone at their word. Like I said, I don't know their reasoning for 2012 and was guessing at it. I figure there is no reason for the Dems to rush this if it does pass. If they rush it and fuck it up, guess what? They will lose election after election.

I'm not naive, I'm looking at the impacts from a political standpoint.
I'm also looking at the tax increases that kick in almost immediately, for a program that won't launch for several years later.

This isn't caution, it's an accounting gimmick.

interesting analogy...what were his first two cards? A duece and a 5 off suit? And how much did he push in? Oh wait...somewhere around 2 trillion, right?

You seem to miss what his first two cards were. Economy and Health Care. He needs to see a good flop obviously for things to look good. However, even if he doesn't have a good flop, don't discount the turn and river. Remember, it wasn't until the Palin interviews with Couric that Obama began to cover the ground and then pull ahead of McCain.

No..I didn't miss it...Economy and Healthcare... a duece and 5 offsuit. You HAVE to have a good flop, a good turn AND a good river to back up the first two, cuz the first two aren't helping him at all.

He REALLY doesn't want to bet it all on an interview with Couric again...does he?

600,000 bankruptcies that didn't need to happen if action was taken. It's 600,000 now, but what about this year? Or the next?

And a nation of 400 million, what the fuck are you smoking?
And what they don't go into detail about is of those 600k bankruptcies, how many were due to the fact that the loss of the job kept them from making payments on healthcare bills that they had accrued.

In addition, how many of them filed bankruptcies because of their loss of job caused them to just give up on paying them even though the balances may have been manageable?

Far to many questions to have answered yet.

In the end, less then 600k in a country of 400 million is considerably less then a national crisis.

And what they don't go into detail about is of those 600k bankruptcies, how many were due to the fact that the loss of the job kept them from making payments on healthcare bills that they had accrued.

In addition, how many of them filed bankruptcies because of their loss of job caused them to just give up on paying them even though the balances may have been manageable?

Far to many questions to have answered yet.

In the end, less then 600k in a country of 400 million is considerably less then a national crisis.

They had Health Insurance, the majority of them. I'm still wondering where you pulled that 400 million from. I'm assuming your ass.

Forum List

Back