4 Liberal Supreme Court justices.....

If they werent political activists, the letter by their name wouldnt matter because they would only go by the constitution.

If they werent political activists, the letter by their name wouldnt matter because they would only go by the constitution.
I agree. There would still be some differences of opinion, but it would not be so predictable by political party.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/17-834_k53l.pdf

Now believe that illegals should not be prosecuted for identity theft?

Really?

I guess the rest of them Chuck Schumer will simply threaten their lives to comply.

Why are you complaining? The 14th Amendment guarantees us the equal protection of the laws. So, now I can't be prosecuted for identity theft. My name is Sonia Sotomayor and I find you in contempt of ... Hell something. Wonder if she will feel the same way once I get finished co-opting her identity?

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/17-834_k53l.pdf

Now believe that illegals should not be prosecuted for identity theft?

Really?

I guess the rest of them Chuck Schumer will simply threaten their lives to comply.

Why are you complaining? The 14th Amendment guarantees us the equal protection of the laws. So, now I can't be prosecuted for identity theft. My name is Sonia Sotomayor and I find you in contempt of ... Hell something. Wonder if she will feel the same way once I get finished co-opting her identity?
You will still be arrested. Equal protection is more equal for some than for others.

You should try reading your link ... all nine justices concurred ...

The issue before the court was whether a State authority can use the information on an employee's Federal tax forms (W-4, K-4 and I-9) to prosecute State crimes ... the trial court said yes, the Kansas appellant court said yes but the Kansas supreme court hedged on the matter ... SCOTUS upheld the trial court's ruling ...

That State prosecution might interfere with Federal isn't good enough reason ... it has to be shown that the State will interfere ... and in these three cases, the State is free to prosecute based on information submitted to Federal authorities on employment tax forms (including all documents submitted along with the tax forms) ...

ALITO, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which ROBERTS, C. J., andTHOMAS,GORSUCH,andKAVANAUGH,JJ.,joined. THOMAS,J.,fileda concurring opinion, in which GORSUCH, J., joined. BREYER, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part, in which GINSBURG, SOTOMAYOR, and KAGAN, JJ., joined.

Forum List

Back