$4.15 a Gallon. Thank Goodness for Exxon!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Exxon will be getting all of my business for SURE now!

ThinkProgress » Exxon Makes $30.5 Billion, So GOP Votes Unanimously To Give Them Tax Breaks

EXXON.jpg

don't get hung up on big numbers EZ, of course they grossed 30 billion, the price is high. no one cares when it bottoms to $1.90 or so....their profit margin has not changed, its s till around 8-10%.

if tax breaks make sense at $1.90 they make sense at $4 bucks too;)

We've had this conversation before.

They paid approximately 40% of their operating income in income taxes around the world.

And that doesn't count the excise taxes glommed on at the pump. Government taxes on a gallon of gas are higher than Exxon's profit margin.

In typical lib fashion, the article never gives any specifics about what the bill actually does. Instead, it offers all kinds of value judgements completely unsupported by any facts.

In percentage terms, Exxon's profits are not that spectacular.

Your article is a hatchet job, just like all leftwing journalism.

Viva la Exxon!

Glad you're on board with them too!

Got Gas?

don't get hung up on big numbers EZ, of course they grossed 30 billion, the price is high.
No, that was profit.

not according to this-

Somewhat sheepishly, Exxon nets $11 billion

The Associated Press Apr 30, 2011 12:15AM

snip-

Exxon’s profit of $10.65 billion for the first quarter was its highest since it made $14.83 billion in the third quarter of 2008, a record for a publicly traded company. That was also a time of $4-plus gas.

and snip-
Cohen said Exxon pays more taxes than any other company in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index — $59 billion in the United States over the past five years.

After taxes, the company earned $41 billion from U.S. operations during that period.

Somewhat sheepishly, Exxon nets $11 billion - Post-Tribune

Last edited:
hey, I drive 120 miles a day, I don't relish the thought of $4.40 regular ......but pulling exxons tax breaks will cost us more, they will pass it on.

how about a federal or state tax moratorium on gas? oh wait they have screwed up the fisc so bad they need every dime they can get.

Apparently some of the loons on here are having a nervous breakdown over this thread!

:lol:

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -23 reputation points from Liberty.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
ignorance at it\'s finest

Regards,
Liberty

Thanks con, those -23 points hurt me where it really counts! :lol:

It's just another tax break for Big Business, don't get all hysterical on us now! :eek:

hey, I drive 120 miles a day, I don't relish the thought of $4.40 regular ......but pulling exxons tax breaks will cost us more, they will pass it on.

how about a federal or state tax moratorium on gas? oh wait they have screwed up the fisc so bad they need every dime they can get.

That would be great Trajan! Call your reps today and let's get it started! :eusa_pray:

Apparently some of the loons on here are having a nervous breakdown over this thread!

New reputation!

Comment:

Regards,
Liberty

It's just another tax break for Big Business, don't get all hysterical on us now! :eek:

Yep... Im through flopping around on the floor like a fish now :tongue:

hey, i drive 120 miles a day, i don't relish the thought of $4.40 regular ......but pulling exxons tax breaks will cost us more, they will pass it on.

How about a federal or state tax moratorium on gas? Oh wait they have screwed up the fisc so bad they need every dime they can get.

that would be great trajan! call your reps today and let's get it started! :eusa_pray:

i keel you !

hey, i drive 120 miles a day, i don't relish the thought of $4.40 regular ......but pulling exxons tax breaks will cost us more, they will pass it on.

How about a federal or state tax moratorium on gas? Oh wait they have screwed up the fisc so bad they need every dime they can get.

that would be great trajan! call your reps today and let's get it started! :eusa_pray:

i keel you !

Ah shucks, you sweet talker you! ♥

Food for thought:

Power Line - Time to Crack Down On Gold Miners?

A broader point needs to be made. The prices of commodities generally have risen sharply over the past year. Which is another way of saying that the value of the dollar has fallen. This chart, showing commodity price increases over the past twelve months, indicates that oil prices have risen by about an average amount; i.e., the price increases have mostly corresponded to devaluation of the dollar. Among other things, this shows the stupidity of thinking that the rise in oil prices is due to "speculators" or "market manipulation."

Global-Commodity-Price-Increases-V3.png

So what is really happening is not that oil, or gold, or cotton has suddenly gotten more valuable. Rather, the dollar has gotten less valuable. Why? Because of the Fed's quantitative easing plan, which has the full support of the Obama administration. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that cheapening the dollar makes everything more expensive.

I wouldn't even mind $3 a gallon, but $4.15 is ridiculous, the good news though is that you can still buy gasoline for 35 cents a gallon in Iraq.

New reputation!

Comment:

Regards,
Liberty

You might want to look into not making threads where you don't know what the fuck you're talking about then, huh?

New reputation!

Comment:

Regards,
Liberty

Yep... Im through flopping around on the floor like a fish now :tongue:

Flopping like a flounder on a dock? :lol:

Forum List

Back