$319 BILLION in jobless benefits!

Not my point, fool.

so your point is misinformation fool!~!!

No, my point was, someone said $10,000 should be given to every family instead of spending it on a war, but that families who got $10,000 would not be satisfied with that.

You seem like a nice guy.

Pay attention.

LOL You dont even know how the 99 week figure is calculated.

You pay attention. You seem to think the 99 was automatic. Then the other clown that thinks that employees actually pay into UE is comical.

All that unemployment that these unemployed & you paid in has already been spent on the previously unemployed for their first 21 weeks. All the unemployment that has been paid after 21 weeks comes from borrowing, taxing & printing other peoples money.

And you know this how? If you don't provide supporting evidence, and you post under "KissMY" I suspect you are one of those motivated by Avarice, bigotry and Censorship; a proud member of the New Right.

Evidence has been posted many times & is mainstream news. The onus is on you to prove that the unemployment insurance paid in was enough to cover 99 weeks.

It is very telling how I am called a bigot by a racist like you.

Nice try. You're not very bright I see. "Evidence has been posted many time..." is the typical and pitiful response too often from those on the right.
The fact is, insurance is paid in case a claim needs to be made, and most employed Americans paid into the fund and never used a dime. How much one pays does not determine the benefits. Or it should not. Do you suppose if you paid your auto insurance month to month and the second month of coverage your car suffered $5,000 damage and you paid only $100 that should be the limit of your recovery? That seems to be your reasoning.
There is no "onus" on me. The New Right are the callous conservatives who put ideology over the individual, who makes broad judgments about the unemployed not knowing the individual circumstances or hardshipes they face. Hence, avarice, bigotry and censorship. Drown out the voices of those in need, and label them bums or worse.

This kinda sucks. Bit of a catch 22

On one hand these people were working, so we know they aren't a bunch of lasy ass people.

On the other, it's been over a year, you can't tell me there wasn't something in a year that you could do to get by. Unemployment maxes at around $330/wk (here in PA, last I heard). That's not much, and you can make more at a temp service.

So it seems to me that many of them have chosen to milk the system, b/c everyone is qualified to load boxes onto crates or fill the boxes. Every place must have space for the handicaped to work.

Everyone is NOT able to load crates and such. The hardest hit jobless are those around 50+. Who can work but not at a loading dock or such because of their physical health.

And you know this how? If you don't provide supporting evidence, and you post under "KissMY" I suspect you are one of those motivated by Avarice, bigotry and Censorship; a proud member of the New Right.

Evidence has been posted many times & is mainstream news. The onus is on you to prove that the unemployment insurance paid in was enough to cover 99 weeks.

Nice try. You're not very bright I see. "Evidence has been posted many time..." is the typical and pitiful response too often from those on the right.
The fact is, insurance is paid in case a claim needs to be made, and most employed Americans paid into the fund and never used a dime. How much one pays does not determine the benefits. Or it should not. Do you suppose if you paid your auto insurance month to month and the second month of coverage your car suffered $5,000 damage and you paid only $100 that should be the limit of your recovery? That seems to be your reasoning.
There is no "onus" on me. The New Right are the callous conservatives who put ideology over the individual, who makes broad judgments about the unemployed not knowing the individual circumstances or hardshipes they face. Hence, avarice, bigotry and censorship. Drown out the voices of those in need, and label them bums or worse.

show us where the individual worker pays for his UE. I can wait.

It will be a long time coming though as the employers pay the insurance not the employee.

There is no "fund." The country is $14T in debt.

Another factoid.

Most temp agencies require you to do a 1099 form and work as an independent contractor . which means you get no unemployment or workmans comp benefits from the agency if you are injured on the job benefits from the agency. You also waive the agency from all legal recourse.

yet another factoid.
In KY if you make over $10 per hour combined for a married couple with no children you do not qualify for "food stamps".

You also do not qualify for any form of "Welfare".

It will be a long time coming though as the employers pay the insurance not the employee.

In fact you are correct. UE is paid by the employer, it is a benefit. I was thinking SDI. Even so, the benefit is for the employee, and those who recieve UE payments cannot simply sit at home and collect. There are job search requirements and proof of seeking employment is required for payments to continue. Is that not correct?

Another factoid.

Most temp agencies require you to do a 1099 form and work as an independent contractor . which means you get no unemployment or workmans comp benefits from the agency if you are injured on the job benefits from the agency. You also waive the agency from all legal recourse.

This is where the laws get muddy.

In some states you must be licensed to be an independent contractor. Many years ago I had an employeer pull this crap at the end of the year. I turned him in. He had to pay all back taxes from SS to workmans comp.

In fact you are correct. UE is paid by the employer, it is a benefit. I was thinking SDI. Even so, the benefit is for the employee, and those who recieve UE payments cannot simply sit at home and collect. There are job search requirements and proof of seeking employment is required for payments to continue. Is that not correct?

that is correct, Here in KY you must prove that you made 2 job search contacts per week of unemployment. It was 1 contact per week a couple of years ago. Strange available jobs go down and they up the number of required contacts.

yet another factoid.
In KY if you make over $10 per hour combined for a married couple with no children you do not qualify for "food stamps".

How much "should" you be able to make and still get food stamps?

I cannot say, but try living 2 people on $10 per hour.

Last question on this thread that I respond to you, you have already proven your ignorance on this subject.

Last edited:
Another factoid.

I've worked for a number of temp services, and I know LOTS of people that have worked for even more.

so I know this "factoid" isn't.

Another factoid.

In some states you must be licensed to be an independent contractor. Many years ago I had an employeer pull this crap at the end of the year. I turned him in. He had to pay all back taxes from SS to workmans comp.

but if you sign the 1099 forms and such you have no recourse. and many/most weill sign them to get work.

yet another factoid.

How much "should" you be able to make and still get food stamps?

I cannot say, but try living 2 people on $10 per hour.

Last question on this thread that I respond to you, you have already proven your ignorance on this subject.

Then enlighten me. If $10 an hour is too little to get cut off from fodstamps, then how much is too much?

Another factoid.

but if you sign the 1099 forms and such you have no recourse.

Not true. Even if you sign it.

Forum List

Back