$319 BILLION in jobless benefits!

yet another factoid.
In KY if you make over $10 per hour combined for a married couple with no children you do not qualify for "food stamps".

You also do not qualify for any form of "Welfare".

People w/o children or disabilites should both work. And not need hand outs. B/c the only way for 2 people to make less than $10/hr is if one of them isn't working. If both work they will bring in min $15/hr.

They aint eating steak, but they aint hungry either.

How much "should" you be able to make and still get food stamps?

I cannot say, but try living 2 people on $10 per hour.

Last question on this thread that I respond to you, you have already proven your ignorance on this subject.

Then enlighten me. If $10 an hour is too little to get cut off from fodstamps, then how much is too much?

I answered your question as best I could ignorant ass.
How sit back and read and learn from those who know more than you do instead of flappin your trap and maning yourself look dumber than a coal bucket.

I cannot say, but try living 2 people on $10 per hour.

Last question on this thread that I respond to you, you have already proven your ignorance on this subject.

Then enlighten me. If $10 an hour is too little to get cut off from fodstamps, then how much is too much?

How sit back and read and learn from those who know more than you do instead of flappin your trap and maning yourself look dumber than a coal bucket.

If you know more than I do, tell me how much money you can make and still get foodstamps.

If you know more than I do, tell me how much money you can make and still get foodstamps.

It varies by state. Consult your state government.

This kinda sucks. Bit of a catch 22

On one hand these people were working, so we know they aren't a bunch of lasy ass people.

On the other, it's been over a year, you can't tell me there wasn't something in a year that you could do to get by. Unemployment maxes at around $330/wk (here in PA, last I heard). That's not much, and you can make more at a temp service.

So it seems to me that many of them have chosen to milk the system, b/c everyone is qualified to load boxes onto crates or fill the boxes. Every place must have space for the handicaped to work.

Everyone is NOT able to load crates and such. The hardest hit jobless are those around 50+. Who can work but not at a loading dock or such because of their physical health.

These same places will hire you to fill the boxes. I'm certain everyone can lift 1 pound. There is work for anyone that wants a job but doesn't care if the job sucks.

Amazon.com just hire 1900 people for a new warehouse and is expected to keep 500 after the season rush.

yet another factoid.
In KY if you make over $10 per hour combined for a married couple with no children you do not qualify for "food stamps".

People w/o children or disabilites should both work. And not need hand outs. B/c the only way for 2 people to make less than $10/hr is if one of them isn't working. If both work they will bring in min $15/hr.

there is disabled and then there is legally disabled.
I had a degenerative spinal disease for about 20 years before I got to where I could not work at all. I could work many jobs but not the ones requiring heavey work.
I was not qualified for any disability benefits, but there were jobs I could not work. Same for many with heart conditions, Artheritis, etc. this is a common situation for people around 50+.

You will hopefully live long enough to understand.

Last edited:
I had a degenerative spinal disease for about 20 years before I got to where I could not work at all. I could work many jobs but not the ones requiring heavey work.
I was not qualified for any disability benefits, but there were jobs I could not work. Same for many with heart conditions, Artheritis, etc. this is a common situation for people around 50+.

It seems you know your way around the computer & the internet. You are able to do jobs that earn more than back breaking labor.

yet another factoid.

Disabled people get help. You're not liven on Easy St, but you get tax money, and I'm all for that. And you can also turn to family. My partially disabled sister in law lives with us. She has scoliosis, and a degenerative bone disease. I know full well the trouble that it takes to get help to people that actually need it.

It seems you know your way around the computer & the internet. You are able to do jobs that earn more than back breaking labor.

Yep that is how I made my living and a very good one too for the past 10 yrs.
I quit working about a year ago and got full disability from SS earlier this year.
I am terminal and have already outlived my DR's esitmates.

Many of the computer jobs have been outsourced to India now. I was in on the final gasps of the good computer jobs for America. I was laid off from a major corporation due to outsourcing twice. And wound up working as a contractor.

btw I am financially secure and need NO money, however many around me are not nearly as fortunate and those are who I am speaking for.

It varies by state. Consult your state government.

It is also a sliding scale and depends on how many dependents you have.

Disabled people get help. You're not liven on Easy St, but you get tax money, and I'm all for that. And you can also turn to family. My partially disabled sister in law lives with us. She has scoliosis, and a degenerative bone disease. I know full well the trouble that it takes to get help to people that actually need it.

You do understand. Best wishes to you and yours.
My apologies if I came accross a bit rude.

Why the fuck are middle class R fighting for busting teh budget with tax breaks for the 2%ers?

NO sane business person hires anyone if they have no sales increases to justify the costs.

Why are Rs so stupid to believe this crap?

Why the fuck are middle class R fighting for busting teh budget with tax breaks for the 2%ers?

NO sane business person hires anyone if they have no sales increases to justify the costs.

Why are Rs so stupid to believe this crap?

Because they do and are is all I know TM.
I can't understand it either. thankfully my mind never worked that way.

Yep that is how I made my living and a very good one too for the past 10 yrs.
I quit working about a year ago and got full disability from SS earlier this year.
I am terminal and have already outlived my DR's esitmates.

Many of the computer jobs have been outsourced to India now. I was in on the final gasps of the good computer jobs for America. I was laid off from a major corporation due to outsourcing twice. And wound up working as a contractor.

btw I am financially secure and need NO money, however many around me are not nearly as fortunate and those are who I am speaking for.

I am terminal Sorry to hear that. those are words I would rather not speak myself.and have already outlived my DR's esitmates. That takes a special something on the inside.

:salute:

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

2 years is hardly temporary.

And it's nice. but We have no money.

I had a client collecting $500 a week in unemployment. I highly doubt he is an outlier

I don't understand. What's really going down with some of you people?

From my perspective the New Right is guided by Avarice, Bigotry and Censorship. It is a movement entirely focused on 'self' and a contradiction of the Judeo-Christian Values which they claim as there own.

Of course you dont understand. You'd have to understand Judeo-Christian values. You don't.

If you did, you would realize that Judeo-Christian values are completely contrary to government reliance. They are designed to make people reliant on God, self, and family. They are designed to keep people free.

They are designed to keep people honest. Not to lie to them. They are there to teach people how to work, not sit around and do nothing.

So please. let's be honest. You don't give a damn about any of these people. If you did you would be talking about how to get them back to work and not how to keep them out of work longer and how to destroy their souls in the process. No, you care about your own political power. You want people dependent on government because you think it will benefit you politically. That is sick and evil

I say its time we stop pretending that this isn't a hand out. If it was any sort of legitimate insurance, it would have been out of business decades ago. Let's stop lying to people and telling them that the government is going to be there to take care of them when we are broke.

If you think this isn't political, tell me. Why were the benefits scheduled to expire after the election, but before Christmas?

Forum List

Back