$319 BILLION in jobless benefits!

I don't understand. What's really going down with some of you people?

From my perspective the New Right is guided by Avarice, Bigotry and Censorship. It is a movement entirely focused on 'self' and a contradiction of the Judeo-Christian Values which they claim as there own.

So true. John Kenneth Galbraith's 'The Culture of Contentment' anazlyes this topic perfectly. It is an excellent read and covers all the bases from a person who lived it.

"To serve contentment, there were and are three basic requirements. One is the need to defend the general limitation on government as regards the economy; there must be a doctrine that offers a feasible presumption against government intervention...The second, more specific need is to find social justification for the untrammeled, uninhibited pursuit and possession of wealth....There is need for demonstration that the pursuit of wealth or even less spectacular well-being serves a serious, even grave social purpose....The third need is to justify a reduced sense of public responsibility for the poor. Those so situated, the members of the functional and socially immobilised underclass, must, in some very real way, be seen as the architects of their own fate. If not, they could be, however marginally, on the conscience of the comfortable." John Kenneth Galbraith, The Culture of Contentment

Here is where your money is going too, seems no one on the right has the sense to be anything but afraid, oh and selfish.

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

>

Last edited:
Um idiot. We pay for unemployment in every paycheck throughout our lives. That's what it's for.

Why don't you complain about the subsidies for the oil companies while they make record profits? Seriously. Pick something that makes sense and doesn't punish the working people who lost their jobs in a bad economy. Those people PAID into the unemployment insurance fund and now they are using THEIR OWN MONEY while they try to find another job.

I swear, FOX has really fucked your minds up right wingers. Your thinking is so twisted.

I worked for almost 30 years at the same company. I made good money and paid into unemployment every week. I NEVER collected unemployment in my entire career. Where is the money going to go?? I want it to go where it was intended. To the people that need it so desperately.

All that unemployment that these unemployed & you paid in has already been spent on the previously unemployed for their first 21 weeks. All the unemployment that has been paid after 21 weeks comes from borrowing, taxing & printing other peoples money.

Um idiot. We pay for unemployment in every paycheck throughout our lives. That's what it's for.

Why don't you complain about the subsidies for the oil companies while they make record profits? Seriously. Pick something that makes sense and doesn't punish the working people who lost their jobs in a bad economy. Those people PAID into the unemployment insurance fund and now they are using THEIR OWN MONEY while they try to find another job.

I swear, FOX has really fucked your minds up right wingers. Your thinking is so twisted.

I worked for almost 30 years at the same company. I made good money and paid into unemployment every week. I NEVER collected unemployment in my entire career. Where is the money going to go?? I want it to go where it was intended. To the people that need it so desperately.

All that unemployment that these unemployed & you paid in has already been spent on the previously unemployed for their first 21 weeks. All the unemployment that has been paid after 21 weeks comes from borrowing, taxing & printing other peoples money.

And you know this how? If you don't provide supporting evidence, and you post under "KissMY" I suspect you are one of those motivated by Avarice, bigotry and Censorship; a proud member of the New Right.

And you know this how? If you don't provide supporting evidence, and you post under "KissMY" I suspect you are one of those motivated by Avarice, bigotry and Censorship; a proud member of the New Right.

Evidence has been posted many times & is mainstream news. The onus is on you to prove that the unemployment insurance paid in was enough to cover 99 weeks.

It is very telling how I am called a bigot by a racist like you.

If those benefits are paid for, why is there $14T in debt?

Gee...maybe because the priorities are all fucked up. Tell us what has been the cost, and what has been the tangible benefit to the Iraq invasion?
The total cost in treasure will not be known at least until the last member of the armed forces to suffer physical or mental wounds have died, well into this century. Even then, the cost may continue, in terms of children raised without a father or mother and the hate bred by our invasion and occupation of a ME nation.

Ah, but Boooooooooooosh&Co made us safe(?). Safe when our economy is in shambles due primarily to the greed of the financial industry and a government with its eyes wide shut by executive decree. Free to pay an enormous interest on borrowed money, forsaking the infirm, poor and children of our nation so that billionaires can keep more of 'their' money. Where in fact do these super-rich get such wealth? And by what means do they keep it? And, where do they keep it?

Keep the one-liners coming Revere, they demonstrate the depth of your thinking and the height of you ignorance.

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

Not working for two years isn't so temporary.

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

I was laid off once and when the checks ran out, I started cleaning apartments for a big complex. (35 bucks per apt.) Then they had construction cleans for $100 per. Those unemployment checks aren't that helpful. Better to be in control of what you earn even if it isn't much.

When you aren't working, you tend to stay inside. Networking goes away and also opportunities that aren't so obvious unless you get yourself out there.

Yea .... too many people ABUSE it though

I know. Nobody needs a tax cut either.

Youre wrong of course, but dont let fiction stop you.

You mean families that already get 99 weeks of unemployment compensation and demand 199 weeks would be happy with $10,000 and not demand $20,000?

You dont know much about the program either.

Dont let fiction stop you either.

With any luck there might be a poster that actually knows how the program works.

How much you collect is based on how much you made, Few cioklledt the maximum amount, many collect $200 or less.

Just another little factoid. In many states governments cut the unemployment rates that employers pay into unimployment insurance back while things were appearing to be going good under Bush. This made the program even more ill prepared for that has happened.

You mean families that already get 99 weeks of unemployment compensation and demand 199 weeks would be happy with $10,000 and not demand $20,000?

With any luck there might be a poster that actually knows how the program works.

Not my point, fool.

so your point is misinformation fool!~!!

Not my point, fool.

so your point is misinformation fool!~!!

No, my point was, someone said $10,000 should be given to every family instead of spending it on a war, but that families who got $10,000 would not be satisfied with that.

You seem like a nice guy.

Pay attention.

This kinda sucks. Bit of a catch 22

On one hand these people were working, so we know they aren't a bunch of lasy ass people.

On the other, it's been over a year, you can't tell me there wasn't something in a year that you could do to get by. Unemployment maxes at around $330/wk (here in PA, last I heard). That's not much, and you can make more at a temp service.

So it seems to me that many of them have chosen to milk the system, b/c everyone is qualified to load boxes onto crates or fill the boxes. Every place must have space for the handicaped to work.

Forum List

Back