$319 BILLION in jobless benefits!

Why the fuck are middle class R fighting for busting teh budget with tax breaks for the 2%ers?

NO sane business person hires anyone if they have no sales increases to justify the costs.

Why are Rs so stupid to believe this crap?

Because us "Middle class" Rs understand that there are no classes. That everyone is connected. That you cant attack a group of us without attacking all of us.

Plus we understand taxes. You raise taxes, the wealthy people, you know the ones that have money, will move somewhere else so the government cant touch their money. They go into wealth protection mode rather than wealth creation. See that means tax revenues decrease because there are less people with money paying taxes.

What we need to do to increase revenues is by increasing the tax base, not the tax rate. That means we need to entice people with money to stay here and create wealth, not protect it. You can't do that if you demonize them and tax them out of existance.

You seem to think that you can just pass laws and regulations and everything is going to be alright. You ignore the fact that these laws and regulations have costs and unintended consequences.

Well, welcome to the real world. In the real world, when we pass legislation or take action in any sort of way, there are consequences. People change their behavior when faced with the new obstacles

You can't completely ignore the reality of how people will change their behavior and the consequences of your actions and come to an intelligent idea of what course to take. This isn't some video game where you can reboot to a save point. This is real life. People die because of your lusts for power.

And you know this how? If you don't provide supporting evidence, and you post under "KissMY" I suspect you are one of those motivated by Avarice, bigotry and Censorship; a proud member of the New Right.

Evidence has been posted many times & is mainstream news. The onus is on you to prove that the unemployment insurance paid in was enough to cover 99 weeks.

It is very telling how I am called a bigot by a racist like you.

Nice try. You're not very bright I see. "Evidence has been posted many time..." is the typical and pitiful response too often from those on the right.
The fact is, insurance is paid in case a claim needs to be made, and most employed Americans paid into the fund and never used a dime. How much one pays does not determine the benefits. Or it should not. Do you suppose if you paid your auto insurance month to month and the second month of coverage your car suffered $5,000 damage and you paid only $100 that should be the limit of your recovery? That seems to be your reasoning.
There is no "onus" on me. The New Right are the callous conservatives who put ideology over the individual, who makes broad judgments about the unemployed not knowing the individual circumstances or hardshipes they face. Hence, avarice, bigotry and censorship. Drown out the voices of those in need, and label them bums or worse.

What a racist idiot you are. If everyone paid in so much unemployment then why is it that the state unemployment system is not over funded? Why is it that the US Congress must vote to keep funding those state unemployment insurance systems that went bankrupt long ago? The fact is that you never paid anything in. Your employer paid into unemployment insurance on your behalf to ease layoff transitions. Extending unemployment beyond 99 weeks is absurd. These people could have enrolled & graduated technical school or got an associates degree by then allowing them to qualify for those unfilled jobs.

Your racism shows you want reparations for slaves over a hundred years ago and from future generations who will have to pay for these unemployment checks. You are not the 30 year career type. I have seen your kind many times before. You get a job & put forth just enough time & effort to get off probation & become eligible for unemployment. Then you just stop being productive & call in sick a lot because you are just there for the check until they get around to firing you so you can start collecting unemployment insurance again. I have heard this many times from the mouth of your fellow like minded reparation-racist.

Last edited:
Unemployment insurance sent $319 billion to the jobless - Nov. 17, 2010

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet

So it was 319 billion over 3 years, only about 100 billion of which the federal government paid, so 33 billion a year, about what, 2 1/2 billion a month.

And we've spent 10 billion or so per month for how many years in Iraq?

Um idiot. We pay for unemployment in every paycheck throughout our lives. That's what it's for.

Why don't you complain about the subsidies for the oil companies while they make record profits? Seriously. Pick something that makes sense and doesn't punish the working people who lost their jobs in a bad economy. Those people PAID into the unemployment insurance fund and now they are using THEIR OWN MONEY while they try to find another job.

I swear, FOX has really fucked your minds up right wingers. Your thinking is so twisted.

Really? Where do you live that you have FUTA and SUTA deducted from your check?

Last edited:
I'm thinking Queen hasn't had held a job before.. which explains the "world owes me a living" mentality.

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

How much you collect is based on how much you made, Few cioklledt the maximum amount, many collect $200 or less.

Yes, that's true. I think $300 is the max. But can you imagine trying to get by on even that?? It's disgraceful. The Republican leadership should be ashamed.

I would be ok with extending unemployment up to 99 weeks only for those enrolled in trade school or college. These people also qualify for government student loans & grants. I am no way in favor of letting anyone get more than 6 months of unemployment unless they are getting an education & looking for work.

I would be ok with extending unemployment up to 99 weeks only for those enrolled in trade school or college. These people also qualify for government student loans & grants. I am no way in favor of letting anyone get more than 6 months of unemployment unless they are getting an education & looking for work.

What about those who have an education and still cannot find a job?

Oh, then by all means.. pay them for as long as needed. Let's say, five years cause they're so smart?

Oh, then by all means.. pay them for as long as needed. Let's say, five years cause they're so smart?

Everyone like a little ass, but no one like a smart one.

I think the purpose is to help people that are temporarily not working. And I just don't see what's wrong with that. Republicans always twist around what we say to make it sound as though it's a permanent thing we are seeking.

Collecting unemloyment is a temporary solution to a temporary problem. And it's so stingy!! Oh yeah, people don't want to work so that they can collect $300 a week and live the good life. :rolleyes:

Temporary.......99 weeks is temporary...I know for a fact there are some collecting unemployment right now will keep collecting it and not get a job.They said they will finally go out and START to look for a job only when their benefit runs out.Then and only when they have absolutely no choice but to finally go out and look for work because the money ran out...

nice huh?

I wish someone anyone on the left would answer this question.
How long is temporary?
When is enough enough?:cuckoo:

It was a fitting retort. Seriously, 99 weeks is ridiculous.

Which is even more unbelievable is the many posts some posters have in a single day. Either they aren't working or have a job but still aren't working (robbing their employer of the paid for productivity). And I wonder how many of these keyboard cammando's are the ones bashing the unemployed, who know how to be productive, if they could find a job?
For those people, you better keep looking over your shoulder, as sometimes karma can be a beautiful thing.

It was a fitting retort. Seriously, 99 weeks is ridiculous.

Which is even more unbelievable is the many posts some posters have in a single day. Either they aren't working or have a job but still aren't working (robbing their employer of the paid for productivity). And I wonder how many of these keyboard cammando's are the ones bashing the unemployed, who know how to be productive, if they could find a job?
For those people, you better keep looking over your shoulder, as sometimes karma can be a beautiful thing.

Some of us are self-employed and work at a computer all day.....

I never bashed the unemployed. I said paying unemployment benefits for 99 weeks is ridiculous.

Temporary.......99 weeks is temporary...I know for a fact there are some collecting unemployment right now will keep collecting it and not get a job.They said they will finally go out and START to look for a job only when their benefit runs out.Then and only when they have absolutely no choice but to finally go out and look for work because the money ran out...

nice huh?

I wish someone anyone on the left would answer this question.
How long is temporary?
When is enough enough?:cuckoo:

I know someone who accepted another job paying 30% less than his old job. It lasted 5 months. He reapplied for unemployment and drew 1/2 of what he would have been drawing if he had not accepted the lower paying job.

:cuckoo: These idiot's claim the average $302.90 a week of unemployment is not enough. :lol: 99 weeks is not enough. :lol: They paid for the insurance so they deserve it. :lol: All the money paid into the unemployment system will cover all of it. :lol::cuckoo:

My nice graduated college this year with a 4 year degree. She is $60k in debt on student loans. She got an $8.25 per hour job. That is only $330 per week & you idiots think $302.90 a week is not enough to sit on your ass & do nothing?

She only grosses $1,430 per month. She has a room mate & they each pay $450 a month for rent & utilities. She pays $30 for cell phone, $250 food, $300 for auto insurance & gas & $350 on student loans.

Screw you lazy entitlement whiners.

Last edited:
:cuckoo: These idiot's claim $300 a week is not enough. :lol: 99 weeks is not enough. :lol: They paid for the insurance so they deserve it. :lol: All the money paid into the unemployment system will cover all of it. :lol::cuckoo:

My nice graduated college last year with a 4 year degree. She is $60k in debt on student loans. She got an $8.25 per hour job. That is only $330 per week & you idiots think $300 a week is not enough to sit on your ass & do nothing?

She only grosses $1,430 per month. She has a room mate & they each pay $450 a month for rent & utilities. She pays $30 for cell phone, $250 food, $300 for auto insurance & gas & $350 on student loans.

so a college grad gets a job paying 8.25/hr but many here seem to think anyone can go out and get a job?

:cuckoo: These idiot's claim the average $302.90 a week of unemployment is not enough. :lol: 99 weeks is not enough. :lol: They paid for the insurance so they deserve it. :lol: All the money paid into the unemployment system will cover all of it. :lol::cuckoo:

My nice graduated college this year with a 4 year degree. She is $60k in debt on student loans. She got an $8.25 per hour job. That is only $330 per week & you idiots think $302.90 a week is not enough to sit on your ass & do nothing?

so a college grad gets a job paying 8.25/hr but many here seem to think anyone can go out and get a job?

She has no work experience. She started out even lower than $8.25 but was promoted after only 3 months & now has health-care coverage. I am sure she will be promoted again real soon because she has only been there 6 months.

99 weeks of unemployment will cover people long enough to get an associates degree or trade school certificate.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back