31 people shot over weekend, at least 6 killed

Wake me up when terrorists start blowing themselves up in American city crowds ...

Until then you insulting and demeaning the efforts of our troops on the ground by trying to compare apples to anvils.

And of course that's what it takes with some of y'all. Heaven forbid we be proactive about anything.

And last I checked, terrorism has a 3000 bodycount in one shot on US soil against civilian noncombatants. How big of an explosion is it you're looking for?

No, right now I think Philadelpia, city of brotherly love, has that crown.

Detroit used to have it, but the place is (I am informed) losing population so fast that people don't have time to kill one another anymore.

several years ago in my limited travels....i ended up in philly....i stayed in a very nice place on the river...i was told simply not to leave the hotel grounds....while walking and not to cross the highway period...the next morning a nurse on her way to work at 6 am was shot in the back of the head and killed....totally random murder. people in cities are that way i think from the mentally of the overcrowding.

And of course that's what it takes with some of y'all. Heaven forbid we be proactive about anything.

And last I checked, terrorism has a 3000 bodycount in one shot on US soil against civilian noncombatants. How big of an explosion is it you're looking for?

7 years ago we were attacked by 19 guys with boxcutters, but the Republicans will continue to suckle the teet of 9/11 forever.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be proactive about protecting our own streets. Where did you come up with that?

What I am saying is that there is a HUGE difference between what we are facing in the Iraqi streets as opposed to our own ... it doesn't even register on my radar and it's a silly comparison.

Coming up on 7 years ago now terrorists executed a long planned well orchestrated attack to fly planes into financial and military targets here in the U.S. To them, the civilians were icing on the cake.

What I am looking for is one, just one suicide bomber in a city. One legit terrorist with explosives strapped to themselves to detonate in a crowd ... like what we've been facing in Iraq. Or one legit car bomb like the ones that kill dozens at a time in Iraq.

Until that happens, to compare sporadic crime in our streets to vicious suicide and car bombings, that can literally kill hundreds at a time like what goes on in Iraq, is disingenuous at best.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be proactive about protecting our own streets. Where did you come up with that?

What I am saying is that there is a HUGE difference between what we are facing in the Iraqi streets as opposed to our own ... it doesn't even register on my radar and it's a silly comparison.

Coming up on 7 years ago now terrorists executed a long planned well orchestrated attack to fly planes into financial and military targets here in the U.S. To them, the civilians were icing on the cake.

What I am looking for is one, just one suicide bomber in a city. One legit terrorist with explosives strapped to themselves to detonate in a crowd ... like what we've been facing in Iraq. Or one legit car bomb like the ones that kill dozens at a time in Iraq.

Until that happens, to compare sporadic crime in our streets to vicious suicide and car bombings, that can literally kill hundreds at a time like what goes on in Iraq, is disingenuous at best.
and remember, their previous attempt was 8 years prior to 9/11

i neg rep'd you because thats disgusting

and i doubt kirk thought you were joking

says the guy who once told me to get a sense of humor?

how could anyone not get the joke DC? no one is that stupid... oh wait.. you are...

says the guy who once told me to get a sense of humor?

how could anyone not get the joke DC? no one is that stupid... oh wait.. you are...
a disgusting joke, is STILL disgusting

and i would neg rep you again for that stupid comment, if i could

it is foolish to think we will not have another attack. Seems some want the bombers here ...in our markets, in our malls, no thank you. You will however, have some luntic who buys into the full thing of 72 virgins and will be quite willing to kill. Then what? How will the citizens of these country react then?

You seem to forget we have had domestic terrorism for a while. But never the total paranoia, why I am not sure.

No, right now I think Philadelpia, city of brotherly love, has that crown.

Detroit used to have it, but the place is (I am informed) losing population so fast that people don't have time to kill one another anymore.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I was deployed to Bosnia where it was perfectly normal for the Bosnians to see American soldiers walking around with an M-16 on their back . . . they didn't look twice. The Bosnian's thanked us for being there and didn't was us to leave (we're out of there now). I felt much safer walking around Bosnia than I would in parts of Philadelphia (with or without a weapon). I think we should pull our soldiers out of Iraq and win back our streets. Unfortunately, it seems that we (the military) can police other countries, but not our own.

7 years ago we were attacked by 19 guys with boxcutters, but the Republicans will continue to suckle the teet of 9/11 forever.

My comment was in direct response to a smartass remark from another of your ilk who said ot wake him up when terrorists start blowing themselves up here.

That's one. Two, I'm not a Republican, jackass. I CAN however read the news and no what a fucking terrorist attack is. Apparently you're either too stupid to figure it out, or it just doesn't suit your agenda. Doesn't make much difference which, really.

Tip of the Day for Chris: Piss off, freak.

So it has to be specifically a suicide bomber in a city. Let's just downplay 9/11 as nothing since it happened 7 years ago.

How about Timothy McVeigh? Work better for you? Or doesn't he count as a criminal?

a disgusting joke, is STILL disgusting

and i would neg rep you again for that stupid comment, if i could

I suppose that's one way to handle it instead of just saying I didn't find it funny.

I bet if I were a con and the joke were directed at obama you'd have found it hysterical...

I suppose that's one way to handle it instead of just saying I didn't find it funny.

I bet if I were a con and the joke were directed at obama you'd have found it hysterical...
no, because i dont attack family members of politicians
i hated it when it was done to clintons daughter and the same for the bush twins

and i guess you didnt see me defend you when you posted your pic in that other thread either

Last edited:
no, because i dont attack family members of politicians
i hated it when it was done to clintons daughter and the same for the bush twins

and i guess you didnt see me defend you when you posted your pic in that other thread either

it was a joke DC.... meant to bring humor, levity, a giggle.... yes it was crude but I didn't know anyone would be such a sissy about a joke that's been around forever....

and defend me? were people saying I was ugly?

So it has to be specifically a suicide bomber in a city.

To be able to compare the streets of Baghdad to the streets of Chicago or D.C. ... in a sense, yes.

Let's just downplay 9/11 as nothing since it happened 7 years ago.

Let's speak for ourselves. What I said, is IMO a fair assessment of what was done on 9/11 and wasn't meant to "downplay" it.

How about Timothy McVeigh? Work better for you? Or doesn't he count as a criminal?

It seems like you are missing my point. I'm not taking the position that terrorist or the threat thereof doesn't exist at some capacity in the U.S.

I'm saying it's completely different here as opposed to Iraq. In Iraq a bombing can happen at any time ... and it frequently does. The last time we were attacked was 7 years ago, prior to that we had Oklahoma and the other WTC bombing and though they are deadly they remain highly isolated. I can count on my hands the number of terrorist attacks we've had here in the last 20 years. I would need a heck of a lot more appendages to count the number of bombings Iraq has seen in the last 5. Sure we need to remain vigilant here but let's be realistic and not compare crime here, which is what the OP addressed, to what it's like in Iraq.

To be able to compare the streets of Baghdad to the streets of Chicago or D.C. ... in a sense, yes.

Let's speak for ourselves. What I said, is IMO a fair assessment of what was done on 9/11 and wasn't meant to "downplay" it.

It seems like you are missing my point. I'm not taking the position that terrorist or the threat thereof doesn't exist at some capacity in the U.S.

I'm saying it's completely different here as opposed to Iraq. In Iraq a bombing can happen at any time ... and it frequently does. The last time we were attacked was 7 years ago, prior to that we had Oklahoma and the other WTC bombing and though they are deadly they remain highly isolated. I can count on my hands the number of terrorist attacks we've had here in the last 20 years. I would need a heck of a lot more appendages to count the number of bombings Iraq has seen in the last 5. Sure we need to remain vigilant here but let's be realistic and not compare crime here, which is what the OP addressed, to what it's like in Iraq.
but, isnt it a little late, if we are getting the same thing here that was happening in Baghdad?

Forum List

Back