3 Fisherpeoples dive into river water just before 35 ft speedboat runs their 20ft boat over! WOW!

You know, if a moving car hits a parked car, it's the fault of the person driving the moving car.

Does that apply to boats?
The boat jumpers included a police officer who is a well known jackass and who is now suing the owner of the boat that ran him over.

My guess is they were doing something stupid..or they were run over by someone they previously fucked with.

Hey Jackass...

What were they doing stupid?

You know, if a moving car hits a parked car, it's the fault of the person driving the moving car.

The boat jumpers included a police officer who is a well known jackass and who is now suing the owner of the boat that ran him over.

My guess is they were doing something stupid..or they were run over by someone they previously fucked with.

Hey Jackass...

Fishing in the wrong spot.

The smaller boat wasnt under power, so that means he has the right of way. There is a set of rules in place for every situation you will encounter on the water an the boat under power broke the worst one.

Hey Jackass...

How do you figure they were fishing in the wrong spot...

Do you Know the Rules of the Road?

Hey Jackass...

Clearly, they got hit in that spot. So they were clearly doing somethang wrong.

Clearly, they got hit in that spot. So they were clearly doing somethang wrong.[/QUOTE]

You don't have a clue what you are talking about....

Not sure how the smaller boat could have taken evasive action and even if prepared to do so, could predict whether larger craft would not do likewise. Yacht's speed and son-in-law's statement about lack of attention and use of cell phone pretty much wrecks any case for the yacht's operator. He better settle out of court.

When you're on a river like this, STOPPED.
You most, as captains without warning radar, keep passengers safe.
He saw it long far away than the video shows. And should have prep to evade.

You sound like you're blaming the victims here. How long do you assume the people had from seeing the speeding boat approaching them until it struck?

The older man who was driving the boat actually made the argument that he couldn't see the smaller boat because he was sitting down.

This seems like a clear case of negligent or reckless operation of a motorboat, whether the man driving the boat was looking at his cellphone (as his son-in-law claims he was doing quite a bit) or not. I'm not sure what the rules of boating are in that area, but it seems unlikely that the passengers of the boat which was struck should have been prepared for a larger boat speeding directly into them like that.

The above seems to be the facts so far. I questioned what the smaller boat did. Waving? FFS! The cap should have tried to move the boat. From the longer video, it was far away from them where I could have moved the boat. As a Captain with passengers I prep boat for these events. Even if the anchor was down here.
Seems it was not btw. Start- Full Power turn port or starboard there was time. Plus if he was at/in the center of the entry from the sea, It appears to be in the middle travel lanes where boats are still on GPS autopilot at least.
This is where you need to be extra on alert in smaller boats ready to move. If they were up the river, most areas are only 1500 feet wide or less and he looked in the of travel lane fully.
1. they see the ''attacking'' boat--takes time [ 5 seconds? ] for them to realize it's heading right for them
2. a few more seconds to form a response
..a. the ''victims'' might be thinking that the helmsman can see them and will turn--because they are waving to him
3. . by the time they realize #3 is not true--not much time left --only seconds
?
I clocked nine seconds from the start of the video to impact

Hey Jackass...

Clearly, they got hit in that spot. So they were clearly doing somethang wrong.

One simple question...

Who has the ROW...

A boat that is moving under power or one that

not moving and not under power?

Would you care to make a wager on what

the Rules of the Road say?

The above seems to be the facts so far. I questioned what the smaller boat did. Waving? FFS! The cap should have tried to move the boat. From the longer video, it was far away from them where I could have moved the boat. As a Captain with passengers I prep boat for these events. Even if the anchor was down here.
Seems it was not btw. Start- Full Power turn port or starboard there was time. Plus if he was at/in the center of the entry from the sea, It appears to be in the middle travel lanes where boats are still on GPS autopilot at least.
This is where you need to be extra on alert in smaller boats ready to move. If they were up the river, most areas are only 1500 feet wide or less and he looked in the of travel lane fully.

Don't blame the victims for the idiocy of the driver. If you actually used your common sense, you can count using the time lapse on the video that from the time the victim sees the boat bearing down on him until he jumps in the water is nine seconds. Good luck with starting your motor and getting out of the way in that time. Are you The Flash in another life....

Forum List

Back