3 Fisherpeoples dive into river water just before 35 ft speedboat runs their 20ft boat over! WOW!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Fisherman-forced-to-jump-for-their-lives-moments-before-speedboat-smashes-into-them.jpg

Moment fishing pals forced to jump for their lives before speedboat smash

Hmm? It really looked easy?
DANG!.. I've been piloting/driving boats Small and Large forever.
This boat seems to be on waypoint GPS autopilot, as I see no radar.

And the smaller boat had time to move his boat, really. That's what I would
have done with a highspeed boat coming at me. Like in this vid.

• Banned
When you're on a river like this, STOPPED.
You most, as captains without warning radar, keep passengers safe.
He saw it long far away than the video shows. And should have prep to evade.

Yeah that's crazy. Those people were 2 feet from swimmin' with the fishes. After you see the people didn't get killed this is what came to mind.

You sound like you're blaming the victims here. How long do you assume the people had from seeing the speeding boat approaching them until it struck?

The older man who was driving the boat actually made the argument that he couldn't see the smaller boat because he was sitting down.

This seems like a clear case of negligent or reckless operation of a motorboat, whether the man driving the boat was looking at his cellphone (as his son-in-law claims he was doing quite a bit) or not. I'm not sure what the rules of boating are in that area, but it seems unlikely that the passengers of the boat which was struck should have been prepared for a larger boat speeding directly into them like that.

• Banned

You sound like you're blaming the victims here. How long do you assume the people had from seeing the speeding boat approaching them until it struck?

The older man who was driving the boat actually made the argument that he couldn't see the smaller boat because he was sitting down.

This seems like a clear case of negligent or reckless operation of a motorboat, whether the man driving the boat was looking at his cellphone (as his son-in-law claims he was doing quite a bit) or not. I'm not sure what the rules of boating are in that area, but it seems unlikely that the passengers of the boat which was struck should have been prepared for a larger boat speeding directly into them like that.

The above seems to be the facts so far. I questioned what the smaller boat did. Waving? FFS! The cap should have tried to move the boat. From the longer video, it was far away from them where I could have moved the boat. As a Captain with passengers I prep boat for these events. Even if the anchor was down here.
Seems it was not btw. Start- Full Power turn port or starboard there was time. Plus if he was at/in the center of the entry from the sea, It appears to be in the middle travel lanes where boats are still on GPS autopilot at least.
This is where you need to be extra on alert in smaller boats ready to move. If they were up the river, most areas are only 1500 feet wide or less and he looked in the of travel lane fully.

• Banned
What’s a fisherpeoples?

Being fair to girls, as all 3 were not men jumping.

The word Fishermen is learned/cums from the bible,
for most peoples.
We know how anti- female that sick reading is.

Okay, I blame the smaller boat Captain as well, he should lose his captains' lic.
He runs a commercial six-pack boat charter.

Angling Oregon - Full Service Guide and Tackle

•US Coast Guard OUPV 6 Pack Captain's License

•State Of Oregon Gide License (#2416) <-- site spelling. I think he has a 'guide license'

He is based 200 miles inland from the sea. The odds are he was in the middle of the river,
and a failure as a charter capt.

Last edited:
Okay, I blame the smaller boat Captain as well, he should lose his captains' lic.

•State Of Oregon Gide License (#2416) <-- site spelling. I think it a 'guide license'

He is based 200 miles inland from the sea. The odds are he was in the middle of the river,

You truly are amazing.
These people were ran over by a much larger craft piloted by a person who was obviously not paying any attention to where they were going, and all's you can do is blame the victims. Fucking unbeluevable.

•State Of Oregon Gide License (#2416) <-- site spelling. I think it a 'guide license'

You truly are amazing.
These people were ran over by a much larger craft piloted by a person who was obviously not paying any attention to where they were going, and all's you can do is blame the victims. Fucking unbeluevable.

Try reading closely. "I blame the smaller boat Captain as well, "

The Captain should've been last off the boat or gone down with it. Not the first to JUMP!

Here's the Capt. near the wheelhouse. What a moron capt.
He's just standing there, looking at the boat coming at him.
Trusting the other boat will turn off the current heading.
The other boat at that speed should be turning already at this point seen.
Not even blowing a hand air horn.
Before the passengers started waving at the stern.
As the asshole capt was making a video still.
He had time to start and move the boat HERE! He should have been starting the boat NOW at this point in prep. But was NOT doing either

483D9BF400000578-5281039-Bryan_Maess_had_been_fishing_with_friends_Christopher_McMahon_an-a-2_1516227031598.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the Capt. near the wheelhouse. What a moron capt.
He's just standing there, looking at the boat coming at him.
Trusting the other boat will turn off the current heading.
The other boat at that speed should be turning already at this point seen.
Not even blowing a hand air horn. But was NOT doing either
Before the passengers started waving at the stern.
As the asshole capt was making a video still.
He had time to start and move the boat HERE! He should have been starting the boat NOW at this point in prep.

483D9BF400000578-5281039-Bryan_Maess_had_been_fishing_with_friends_Christopher_McMahon_an-a-2_1516227031598.jpg

Making a video still? I'm pretty sure those cameras are mounted in the boat. It isn't as though the people on the boat are holding the cameras in their hand; otherwise, how would you be able to see all 3 jump into the water?

Do you think that someone in a boat should have the boat running and ready to move at all times? Should there be a horn available to blow within 5 seconds at all times? What, precisely, are you saying is the responsibility of the captain of a boat that was not upheld in this instance?

You do seem to be blaming the victims still. A boat is heading toward them...and you think they should realize right away that the boat is traveling too fast, and be ready to get out of the way of the other boat which is being driven recklessly? If I were in a car and stopped at a red light, am I also to blame if I don't get out of the way of another car that decides to come rear end me?

My guess is they are fishermen and the boat that ran them down is a government vessel. We deal with that here in my town. On the first day of salmon season, they bring a dredge up..and he spends his time blowing his horn, churning up the bar, and racing from one side of the river mouth to the other, back and forth, at high speed, right through all the fishing vessels. It's nauseating. It's the Yaquina, a merchant marine outfit run by a contracted crew of enviropigs for the Corps of Engineers.

Last edited:

My guess is they are fishermen and the boat that ran them down is a government vessel. We deal with that here in my town. On the first day of salmon season, they bring a dredge up..and he spends his time blowing his horn, churning up the bar, and racing from one side of the river mouth to the other, back and forth, at high speed, right through all the fishing vessels. It's nauseating. It's the Yaquina, a merchant marine outfit run by a contracted crew of enviropigs for the Dept. of Engineers.

That's.....pretty odd and random. Do you assume that any boat driven recklessly is a government vessel?

You know, the guys in the small boat were sitting there fishing. That means they probably had an anchor down, as well as had the engine off. The dude in the bigger boat was moving, so IMHO, that means that he has to be looking out for obstacles and steer to avoid them.

By the way, quick question for you boat people....................in a case of a bigger boat vs. a smaller boat, who gets the right of way? Or, does it have something to do with who is parked vs. who is moving?

My guess is they are fishermen and the boat that ran them down is a government vessel. We deal with that here in my town. On the first day of salmon season, they bring a dredge up..and he spends his time blowing his horn, churning up the bar, and racing from one side of the river mouth to the other, back and forth, at high speed, right through all the fishing vessels. It's nauseating. It's the Yaquina, a merchant marine outfit run by a contracted crew of enviropigs for the Dept. of Engineers.

That's.....pretty odd and random. Do you assume that any boat driven recklessly is a government vessel?

Kaiser Twit is always looking for something to blame on the government, regardless of what the facts are.

Yep...it's all the government's fault. Everything.

Forum List

Back