3 day waiting period and Background Check

A man tripped over his dog and hit his head on a mailbox. As he laid there unconscious a pack of wolves ate his face off but was chased away by a bear. Then explosive diarehhea from the Chalupa he ate kicked in a collapsed his bowels. We should have a 3 day wait period for dogs, mail boxes, wolves and mexican foods. Make Bear ownership legal.

Thats a true story

Drunk men trip over dogs on to mailboxes. If he would have been sober with a gun the wolves and bear would have not been involved. He shit himself because of the 17 margaritas he drank at the Mexican restaurant.
You need to learn something about personal responsibility. It is hard for some folk to accept and learn discipline as government and the nanny state have pampered their baby asses for so long. But you will catch on quick.
Guns save lives. True story.

Guns do a lot of things...like killing stuff and....stopping stuff from living and....killing. stuff

If you can find a way to get rid of all other guns in the world then I'll gladly get rid of mine. Wait you would also have to get rid of bows and arrows and large swords and probably any knives with a blade larger than 6 inches.

How nanny can you get??

You need your ass wiped too when you go to the bathroom when you are there?? And it best be free toilet paper???

1) If you wait til too late, it is your problem.... your laziness or procrastination is not anyone else's issue

Yeah... And for people who have kids and/or work 2 jobs?

2) You have feet... you can walk to anywhere.. or if you don'y have feet, you probably have wheels or canes or crutches... and if not, I am sure you have gotten to places all of your life... from friends, neighbors, family, a shuttle bus, or whatever...

Requiring people spend their valuable time and money in order to go get an ID as a prerequisite for voting is a poll tax, pure and simple. And poll taxes have been ruled illegal time and time again, with good reason.

And it's quite obvious why you people want to institute it. You are trying to prevent large numbers of people from being eligible to vote.

The less poor people voting, the better, as far as you're concerned.

Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your bullshit "voter fraud" rationale? Because you're not.

Well, I've got to tell you, that's downright un-American. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Voting is a Constitutional right. People have been fighting for that right for centuries in this country, and you're hell bent on trying to deny it to people so you can further your political ends.

For Gods sake, show a little patriotism. Enough with the "Party over country" attitude, it's downright disgraceful.

It is an important right, hence it should not be abridged on capricious grounds.

No legal citizen with the right to vote is being prevented from voting upon verification that they are that legal citizen and who they say they are

You prove who you are to cash a check, and that is less of a right than a vote

If I go to vote without ID, my right to vote is blocked. That is as unconstitutional as going to buy a gun and being told you can't because you're bat shit crazy.

Yet you are 100% in favour of one and not the other.

Honestly, I don't get it.

you should pick a new handle

Design and purpose matters...I know it doesnt matter to those who want to compare SUVs to guns.

No, the end result is what matters. If you swing a frying pan at someone's head, they will be just as dead as if you had shot them. Maybe dead doesn't matter to you....

If I buy an SUV, and my purpose is to go out and create massive road-rage chaos, how is that better than a person whose purpose in buying a gun is to protect his wife and two young children in their home?

Last edited:
Design and purpose matters...I know it doesnt matter to those who want to compare SUVs to guns.

No, the end result is what matters. If you swing a frying pan at someone's head, they will be just as dead as if you had shot them. Maybe dead doesn't matter to you....

If I buy an SUV, and my purpose is to go out and create massive road-rage chaos, how is that better than a person whose purpose in buying a gun is to protect his wife and two young children in their home?

To own an SUV, you need to have a license, a registration, insurance, and some rudimentary training in driving.

In order to have small children utilize the car, you must equip it with safety gear, by law.

You cannot drive an SUV while drunk.

None of these things apply to gun ownership.

Now, I realize that an SUV is not a constitutionally mandated right, but a 3 day waiting period and a background check to make sure insane criminals don't get their hands on a device that can kill 30 people in 30 seconds, is the very least we can do for public safety purposes.

And comparing it to voting is a load of crap. You can't kill 50 people in a crowded theater with a ballot.

To own an SUV, you need to have a license, a registration, insurance, and some rudimentary training in driving.

In order to have small children utilize the car, you must equip it with safety gear, by law.

You cannot drive an SUV while drunk.

None of these things apply to gun ownership.

Now, I realize that an SUV is not a constitutionally mandated right, but a 3 day waiting period and a background check to make sure insane criminals don't get their hands on a device that can kill 30 people in 30 seconds, is the very least we can do for public safety purposes.

And comparing it to voting is a load of crap. You can't kill 50 people in a crowded theater with a ballot.

I'll tell you what, i'm for that, IF we do it for abortion, where you directly plan to kill someone (Id like more, I'll settle for this, it's all about compromise folks)

And again, as long as they're not completely insane, or a felon, I believe everyone and their mother should own guns. Lot's of them.

I just don't think it's unreasonable to make sure the people buying the weapon are in fact who they claim to be.

And I feel that if you're a Felon, you lose your constitutional right to own a weapon.

I'll tell you what, i'm for that, IF we do it for abortion, where you directly plan to kill someone (Id like more, I'll settle for this, it's all about compromise folks)

An abortion isn't killing anyone. A zygote is not a person.

But, be that as it may, the people who perform abortions are in fact licensed doctors, are registered, are insured, and cannot perform the operation while drunk.

So, what's your point?

An abortion isn't killing anyone. A zygote is not a person.

But, be that as it may, the people who perform abortions are in fact licensed doctors, are registered, are insured, and cannot perform the operation while drunk.

So, what's your point?

REally so if your mom had an abortion, she wouldnt have stopped a human from living? Interesting take on yourself. Abortion clinics are amont the least regulated medical facilities, funny how liberals dont want to impose all the "safety" they want on the regular medical field

Maryland abortion clinics to be regulated by the state under new guidelines - Baltimore Sun

The new regulations are modeled after those followed by outpatient surgical facilities and require abortion clinics to meet guidelines related to anesthesia, emergency services, lab work and other areas.

WHY didnt they have to do these before?????????

Really so if your mom had an abortion, she wouldnt have stopped a human from living? Interesting take on yourself.

She would have stopped me from ever existing in the first place. Same as if she had decided not to have sex the night I was conceived.

Abortion clinics are amont the least regulated medical facilities, funny how liberals dont want to impose all the "safety" they want on the regular medical field

Maryland abortion clinics to be regulated by the state under new guidelines - Baltimore Sun

The new regulations are modeled after those followed by outpatient surgical facilities and require abortion clinics to meet guidelines related to anesthesia, emergency services, lab work and other areas.

WHY didnt they have to do these before?????????

I don't see any issues with regulation and standards for conditions at clinics. The same standards should apply as for any other medical facility. I agree.

That doesn't invalidate the point that practitioners must have all kinds of training, accreditation, licensing and insurance in order to perform said operations.

Really though, I'm not really sure what the problem with 3-day waiting periods and background checks it.

I can't think of any situation where someone so desperately needs a gun, that they can't wait 3 days.

And I can't think of any situation where a man who isn't legally completely nuts, or a convicted felon, would have an issue with a standard background check.

Holmes had loads of dope in him yet folks blame it on the guns.

Cause and effect. No matter how much dope he consumed, without guns it would have been much more difficult to kill and maim so many so quickly. Arson, maybe, or a bomb but neither method is easier or more effective than a high volociety semi automatic firearm with a large capacity magazine.

The ability to fire rounds with little recoil at the rate of one per second or so is likely a more effective and surer way to kill and maim a large population than arson or a bomb, unless the bomb is huge.
Thank you for so clearly and effectively explaining exactly why these weapons are protected by the Constitution.

How nanny can you get??

You need your ass wiped too when you go to the bathroom when you are there?? And it best be free toilet paper???

1) If you wait til too late, it is your problem.... your laziness or procrastination is not anyone else's issue

Yeah... And for people who have kids and/or work 2 jobs?

2) You have feet... you can walk to anywhere.. or if you don'y have feet, you probably have wheels or canes or crutches... and if not, I am sure you have gotten to places all of your life... from friends, neighbors, family, a shuttle bus, or whatever...

Requiring people spend their valuable time and money in order to go get an ID as a prerequisite for voting is a poll tax, pure and simple. And poll taxes have been ruled illegal time and time again, with good reason.

And it's quite obvious why you people want to institute it. You are trying to prevent large numbers of people from being eligible to vote.

The less poor people voting, the better, as far as you're concerned.

Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your bullshit "voter fraud" rationale? Because you're not.

Well, I've got to tell you, that's downright un-American. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Voting is a Constitutional right. People have been fighting for that right for centuries in this country, and you're hell bent on trying to deny it to people so you can further your political ends.

For Gods sake, show a little patriotism. Enough with the "Party over country" attitude, it's downright disgraceful.

Government need to change the space/time continuum for you too?? Make more time??

You need to be compensated for the time it takes to cast your vote too??

I know... thought voting, so all you have to do is think and your vote gets magically transferred to the polling place...

The only people who need to be prevented from voting are those who are not citizens or eligible to vote.. PERIOD...

I would hope we had 100% voter participation.. all the poor, the rich, the young, the old, all of 'em... as long as they are citizens and eligible

A free ID is not even good enough for the likes of you... you have to be sashayed to the ID place, given time off work with pay to do it, provided a babysitter if you need it, etc... you are goddamn ridiculous

And YOU calling ME un-American?? Fuck you... I have served my country dutifully.. Put my life on the line for this country... Again, FUCK YOU

Government need to change the space/time continuum for you too?? Make more time??

I know... thought voting, so all you have to do is think and your vote gets magically transferred to the polling place...

The only people who need to be prevented from voting are those who are not citizens or eligible to vote.. PERIOD...

I would hope we had 100% voter participation.. all the poor, the rich, the young, the old, all of 'em... as long as they are citizens and eligible

A free ID is not even good enough for the likes of you... you have to be sashayed to the ID place, given time off work with pay to do it, provided a babysitter if you need it, etc... you are goddamn ridiculous

And YOU calling ME un-American?? Fuck you... I have served my country dutifully.. Put my life on the line for this country... Again, FUCK YOU

As have I. US Army. '89-'93.

And yes, suppressing voters from voting is Un-American.

And that is exactly what you are trying to do.

Statistically speaking, the number of cases of voter fraud is so minuscule that one can say there is NO voter fraud.

So, what you are proposing, is to make it likely that tens of thousands of votes WON'T be counted to make up for the one person in 10 million that may be trying to commit voter fraud.

That is, specifically, an attempt to suppress voters from being able to exercise their constitutional right to vote.

Really?
On which side of the M16A2 upper willl you find the bolt carrier release?

Really though, I'm not really sure what the problem with 3-day waiting periods and background checks it.

I can't think of any situation where someone so desperately needs a gun, that they can't wait 3 days.

And I can't think of any situation where a man who isn't legally completely nuts, or a convicted felon, would have an issue with a standard background check.

I have no problem with it, if we get it for abortion, it's only 3 days as you say. Lets work together and get it done.

And yes, suppressing voters from voting is Un-American.

And that is exactly what you are trying to do.

Statistically speaking, the number of cases of voter fraud is so minuscule that one can say there is NO voter fraud.

So, what you are proposing, is to make it likely that tens of thousands of votes WON'T be counted to make up for the one person in 10 million that may be trying to commit voter fraud.

That is, specifically, an attempt to suppress voters from being able to exercise their constitutional right to vote.

No.. suppressing citizens eligible to vote is un-American.. NOBODY is suggesting any such thing... requiring you prove who you say you are and live where you say you live is not suppressing a vote.... as a matter of fact, it is VERY important to the voting process considering we are registered in districts and many things voted on are district specific

Votes should not be counted if they are not from people eligible to vote....

Please note where there is an official statistic of a 1 in 10MIl voter fraud rate... and please explain how this data is gathered considering nobody is checking to see people are who they say they are

A right delayed is a right denied.

Funny... because you have to be completely nuts to NOT take issue with:
- A precondition on the exercise of a right not inherent to same
- A precondtition on the exercise of a right that presupposes said exercise is illegal, and held until shown that to not be the case - that is, a form or prior restraint.

Really?

Jeez that was 20 years ago, and I was in MI (my MOS was 98H), so I stopped re-assembling weapons in AIT.

But I believe, if I remember correctly, the take-down pin is on the right, and that'll let you separate the receivers, which will allow you to remove the bolt carrier.

Really?

Jeez that was 20 years ago, and I was in MI (my MOS was 98H), so I stopped re-assembling weapons in AIT.

But I believe, if I remember correctly, the take-down pin is on the right, and that'll let you separate the receivers, which will allow you to remove the bolt carrier.
Its not a weapons assemly function, its an operation function.
The bolt carrier gets held open my an empty mag,. You drop the mag, insert a new mag, and then hit the bolt carrier release to close the bolt.
On what side of the upper is the bolt carrier release?

Forum List

Back