2nd amendment sanctuaries are spreading, now counties in Kentucky are on board

It's all just beginning.

They come for our guns and they will leave in body bags. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuckin idiot. Nobody is coming for your guns, and if they did your shit your pants while handing them over.

Do you live under a fucking rock?
Nope, I just don't live in your tRumpkin fantasy land.

'Hell, yes,' Beto O'Rourke's call to confiscate AR-15s pushes gun debate to new level
Virginia Dem Says May Have To Call Out National Guard To Enforce Gun Bans

Tell me more, tard.

The NRA and Trump were supposed to implement nationwide carry permits.
Good in your hometown and good anywhere in the country, WTF happened to that?

Who wants to drive with a gun in the car when there is no reciprocity in all jurisdictions?
Congress. Without the House, it cannot be done.

Yep. My county just declared itself a 2nd Amendment sanctuary.

Any gun restrictions laws are unenforceable in this county.

According to what you said, states should obey Federal weed laws until they are overturned, right?

So you are against states legalizing weed unless the federal laws are changed.

Should DOJ arrest all people working in dispensaries?
What are you talking about? States don’t obey federal weed laws, people do (or don’t). States don’t enforce federal weed laws, so if the state legalized pot, that just means they aren’t going to arrest people for weed. So yeah, the DoJ could arrest everyone working in dispensaries, but they won’t.

Do you want them arrested? Why or why not should Federal laws be followed or ignored without repercussions?
It raises an interesting question with regard to constitutionality of federal drug laws as applied to a dispensary which are operations which do not cross state lines. Personally, the DoJ has far bigger fish to fry and I’d prefer not to have them worry about it.

My feeling is that local laws should supersede Federal law and the local laws should be the law while being contested in court.

Weed should be a state law. Sanctuary cities are fine, but get the laws changed.

It should be a state decision, however, it violates the UN treaty our country signed onto in 1961. Thus far, it's been ignored, and so far, the feds are not pressured into enforcing it on our states. If that would happen, it would be a political nightmare for whoever is President at the time. It would put the President in a position of honoring the treaty and chance possible losing a lot of votes, or losing our reputation with the international community.
Which treaty?

What are you talking about? States don’t obey federal weed laws, people do (or don’t). States don’t enforce federal weed laws, so if the state legalized pot, that just means they aren’t going to arrest people for weed. So yeah, the DoJ could arrest everyone working in dispensaries, but they won’t.

Do you want them arrested? Why or why not should Federal laws be followed or ignored without repercussions?
It raises an interesting question with regard to constitutionality of federal drug laws as applied to a dispensary which are operations which do not cross state lines. Personally, the DoJ has far bigger fish to fry and I’d prefer not to have them worry about it.

My feeling is that local laws should supersede Federal law and the local laws should be the law while being contested in court.

Weed should be a state law. Sanctuary cities are fine, but get the laws changed.

It should be a state decision, however, it violates the UN treaty our country signed onto in 1961. Thus far, it's been ignored, and so far, the feds are not pressured into enforcing it on our states. If that would happen, it would be a political nightmare for whoever is President at the time. It would put the President in a position of honoring the treaty and chance possible losing a lot of votes, or losing our reputation with the international community.
Which treaty?

Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs - Wikipedia

Which treaty?

Withdraw unilaterally.

Which treaty?

Withdraw unilaterally.

I don't know that it's all that easy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for it, but I realize it's something that has to be dealt with. I'm not for any international treaty where we have to live by the rules other countries agree to. It's why I always hated the Paris Accords. It would have virtually gave them control over our industry.

Which treaty?

Withdraw unilaterally.

I don't know that it's all that easy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for it, but I realize it's something that has to be dealt with. I'm not for any international treaty where we have to live by the rules other countries agree to. It's why I always hated the Paris Accords. It would have virtually gave them control over our industry.
"We're out of this. Don't like it, tough shit."

Not hard.

It's possible that the gun holders will end up causing an amendment to the Constitution that will be the end of gun freedom--or America. So who will the military support, the government or NRAers? No question in my mind the that the military will support the government.

The question is not the government or the NRA but the illegal actions of government vs the constitution. The constitution is the law, the supreme law of the land, therefore it over rides all other laws federal, state and local.
I'm pretty sure it's the same now but when I went into the military I swore an oath to uphold the constitution, not some flakey limp wristed governor. In fact I swore that oath on three separate occasions along with every cop, DA, member of every legislative body in the country and every friggin governor and mayor too. If anyone is breaking any law it is they.

Forum List

Back