279 on PFT, Dad's Brag Session

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
My kid is going through recruit training for the USMC at Parris Island, SC. He just wrote me to tell me that he scored 279 on his PFT which was third highest in his platoon. He's almost 2/3 the way through as he is set to graduate on October 3rd. Nice job son.

Congrats to your son...he will do well. Hopefully he won't be carrying food to starving Kenyans but destroying bad guys...as his predecessors did. You should be proud.

My kid is going through recruit training for the USMC at Parris Island, SC. He just wrote me to tell me that he scored 279 on his PFT which was third highest in his platoon. He's almost 2/3 the way through as he is set to graduate on October 3rd. Nice job son.

Oooh Rah!

Semper Fi!

One of the proudest days of his life will be when he marches across the parade field having completed USMC recruit training.

If I recall correctly the highest possible PFT score is 300 so a score of 279 is awesome!

(I never scored nearly that high! LOLOL)

You both have every right to be proud.

:)

M2

Every Marine is a rifleman. As I recall the rifle range is about the last 3rd of recruit training.

Yes, I do believe they are just starting to shoot. If they had already started, I'm sure he would have told me because he is pretty excited about it.

Most good athletes in my Army experience were pretty good with the rifle.

Do any of you remember the five event Army PFT of the push up, sit up, mile run (I think), the inverted monkey crawl, and the overhead ladders. The first four I could max, but I never got better than 80% on the overhead ladders and that was on a good day.

Congrats on your Marine, Auditor: that's super. My step dad retired as a Master Gunny fifty years ago this year. Most gentle man, I knew. Some of his friends who served with him at Okinawa and the Chosin Reservoir remember him as a man who never got distracted from the job, ever.

279 is good. Pull-ups, sit-ups, and a three mile run. Did mine at MCRD San Diego. I did 20, 80, and a 20:10 run. He should be going to the range to qual. Lots of snapping in. After that it is Phase 3 Prac and then D & C. Hope he has a wonderful career. God Bless the Corps. Can't recall my whole score from Army boot camp at Ft. Sill, but I ran the 2 miles in 14:00 flat. Man I feel old. Lol.

Forum List

Back