230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, criminal turn in their illegal weapons at a higher rate than law abiding citizens

When criminals are caught, their guns are caught too.

Also, if there was a no-questions-asked buyback of guns, which I'd propose, I bet most of those criminals would turn in their stolen weapons for cash. Particularly if you're offering above market value, which you could certainly do if you repealed the Trump/Conservative/Russia Tax Cut to pay for it.

Wrong. It's not an all time high in terms of percentage of households but it is at the highest it's been since 2012..

LOL! Which is among the lowest levels ever.

It's hovering around 42 percent.

According to whom? What survey? You will need to post that and cite it, and of course you'll need to explain the methodology and from where they're getting the data.

Which is about as high as it's ever been since 1990, excluding the 2011 outlier of 45 percent.

Proof is required here.

upload_2018-4-4_17-21-56.png

Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2017 | Statistic

[And then Generation Z are behind the Millennials and Generation Z are even more Right Wing than we are

Oh really? So that's why the NRA could only mobilize 75 kids in Florida to protest for guns while the MSDH kids got millions of people to march against the NRA and your shitty guns a couple weeks ago.

Also, check out what happened in Wisconsin last night too; an NRA-backed Conservative judge got his fat ass kicked by a liberal, anti-gun woman.

Well they don't have the teacher union behind them forcing kids to attend. A much bigger issue than the NRA is that's for sure.

[And then Generation Z are behind the Millennials and Generation Z are even more Right Wing than we are

Oh really? So that's why the NRA could only mobilize 75 kids in Florida to protest for guns while the MSDH kids got millions of people to march against the NRA and your shitty guns a couple weeks ago.

Also, check out what happened in Wisconsin last night too; an NRA-backed Conservative judge got his fat ass kicked by a liberal, anti-gun woman.

It's not about mobilising children to protest from our point of view, in a war you keep your war paint dry and sit and watch as the enemy reveal their hand. There are better methods than mobilising to have a protest, methods that are kept secret and are more potent....you never let the enemy know what you are planning, but you wait and spring it on them in the night when they are least expecting it.

Wrong. It's not an all time high in terms of percentage of households but it is at the highest it's been since 2012..

LOL! Which is among the lowest levels ever.

It's hovering around 42 percent.

According to whom? What survey? You will need to post that and cite it, and of course you'll need to explain the methodology and from where they're getting the data.

Which is about as high as it's ever been since 1990, excluding the 2011 outlier of 45 percent.

Proof is required here.

View attachment 186329

Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2017 | Statistic

Chart has no source.

Well they don't have the teacher union behind them forcing kids to attend. A much bigger issue than the NRA is that's for sure.

Wait, so you have proof that teachers were forcing kids to attend? Or is this you spitting bullshit out to paper over the deficiency in your argument?

Yes, criminal turn in their illegal weapons at a higher rate than law abiding citizens

When criminals are caught, their guns are caught too.

Also, if there was a no-questions-asked buyback of guns, which I'd propose, I bet most of those criminals would turn in their stolen weapons for cash. Particularly if you're offering above market value, which you could certainly do if you repealed the Trump/Conservative/Russia Tax Cut to pay for it.

I only associate Russia with Clinton but I live in reality. So I don't really get your Russia tax cut thing.

Stealing is against the law.

No shit. If people are going to steal things, why make it possible for them to steal a gun!?!?!?

I have multiple guns, I have never had a gun stolen and I have never lost a gun, in real life this does not happen unless you are a total idiot nobody is going to lose a gun or allow their gun to be stolen.

It's not about mobilising children to protest

That's exactly what it's about. You're the one who screamed like a barynard animal that young Gen Zers are going to be Conservative. I don't know from where you got that idea. It certainly isn't from the piddling NRA rally of less than 75 students (more like 25) in Florida.

These kids today grew up with Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and the new Star Wars. They know good from evil, and they're decidedly drawing those lines for us. Guess which side of the line you and the NRA fall on? Not Hermoine's, not Rey's, not Katniss'.

from our point of view, in a war you keep your war paint dry and sit and watch as the enemy reveal their hand. There are better methods than mobilising to have a protest, methods that are kept secret and are more potent....you never let the enemy know what you are planning, but you wait and spring it on them in the night when they are least expecting it.

LOL! Now comes the part where we hear from you that protesting isn't a reflection of anything, no less than 8 years after teabag fever swept the right-wing and their temper tantrums resulted in the 2010 election. If that's any indication of what's in store for this November, you better be fucking worried. Because a blue tsunami is coming.

I have multiple guns, I have never had a gun stolen and I have never lost a gun

YET. You haven't had a gun stolen or lost one yet. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It happens to 230,000 guns every year.

in real life this does not happen unless you are a total idiot nobody is going to lose a gun or allow their gun to be stolen.

LOL! Seems to me there are enough total idiots among your group of gun owners that 230,000 of them go missing every year. And you only report those guns stolen 86% of the time. Why isn't that number 100%?

Wait, so you have proof that teachers were forcing kids to attend? Or is this you spitting bullshit out to paper over the deficiency in your argument?

Dude it's not a secret. Are you saying you have proof teachers weren't brainwashing kids and forcing them to protest?

No shit. If people are going to steal things, why make it possible for them to steal a gun!?!?!?

I have multiple guns, I have never had a gun stolen and I have never lost a gun, in real life this does not happen unless you are a total idiot nobody is going to lose a gun or allow their gun to be stolen.

Allow their gun to be stolen? The whole idea of stealing is that someone takes something without be allowed to. :lol:

^^^^ You have already posted that insanity countless times, yet here you are again posting it.

It's only insane because it's your cycle.

You buy a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

I agree that it's insane...which is why I can't understand why you want to perpetuate that cycle.

Of course, the idea that not buying a gun will protect a person and their family because that gun cannot be stolen is pretty insane, as well. ;)

Allow their gun to be stolen? The whole idea of stealing is that someone takes something without be allowed to. :lol:

Well yes, but that is what The Derp keeps saying that gun owners ALLOW their guns to be stolen :rolleyes-41:

Well yes, but that is what The Derp keeps saying that gun owners ALLOW their guns to be stolen :rolleyes-41:

Yeah but it's his buddies doing the stealing so it's cool. He just pretends to be outraged.

He'd rather disarm them than the criminals. They do nothing to further his/her agenda.

Disarming gun owners also disarms criminals since criminals get their guns from gun owners.

In a country which apparently already has more than 300 million guns in it, and a country in which the right to own guns is protected by the Constitution, disarming gun owners is a huge task. I find it extremely unlikely an amendment nullifying the second will pass any time soon, and without that gun owners cannot simply be disarmed.

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".
So, gun control is great and everything. How are you going to keep firearms out of criminals hands? Wouldn't it be easier just keep them out of EVERYONE'S hands? Doesn't that seem rather... obvious? We don't NEED guns in this country anymore than a fish needs a bicycle. Abolish the 2nd amendment.

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".
Breaking and entering is illegal.

I am not responsible for the acts of anyone else but myself

and my challenge stands

If you can steal any of my guns I will give them all up.

Good luck with that

..we have a lot stolen in our city
..the NY prisoners that escaped got their gun from an unoccupied house
..I got into an accident with someone and what do you know?--the other guy starts telling me how he had his gun stolen from his car..what are the chances??!!--the 1st accident I had in about 5 years

here's another popular case:
Radio station KQED reported Woychowski said he put the semi-automatic handgun in a backpack hidden behind the reclined driver's seat of his personal SUV.
A federal agent whose stolen handgun was used to kill a woman on a San Francisco pier testified Thursday that he was confident the weapon had been stored securely in his SUV
Kate Steinle murder trial: Agent testified he secured gun that was later used in shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back