22 LR for defense

Since the ammo shortage started, I've been buying 12 gauge...but even they are drying up now...no #4, #5 or #6's anymore...just 7.5 and 8's and OO buck.

Yeah, it's gotten really bad. I use winchester high velocity turkey load #5, and can not get them. It's also fast approaching deer season and I have 15 deer slugs to me name and cant manage to even get those.

.22 lr ammo....forget it. Absolutely unattainable currently.

I refuse to fire anything I have at this time. But I need to get some practice in before turkey and then deer season...time will tell if I sit this year out due to ammo shortages.

Since the ammo shortage started, I've been buying 12 gauge...but even they are drying up now...no #4, #5 or #6's anymore...just 7.5 and 8's and OO buck.

Yeah, it's gotten really bad. I use winchester high velocity turkey load #5, and can not get them. It's also fast approaching deer season and I have 15 deer slugs to me name and cant manage to even get those.

.22 lr ammo....forget it. Absolutely unattainable currently.

I refuse to fire anything I have at this time. But I need to get some practice in before turkey and then deer season...time will tell if I sit this year out due to ammo shortages.

Can't help with 22lr, but Midway still has slugs...Slugs | 12 Ga 2-3/4 | Shotgun Ammo | Ammo

And some Turkey shells...Turkey Ammo | Ammo

Here's the main shotgun ammo page to start your search, if you want 3 inchers and such...Shotgun Ammo | Ammo

Ellifritz_OneShot_Percent.png

This chart shows .32 as having more incapacitating effect than .45, .357, and .44 mag.

???

Forum List

Back