2022 NFL Draft

Raiders got a Memphis State Brawler who has Started 50 games ( Playing both Guard Spots & Center ) and should Slide right into the interior Line as a plug in Starter where fit or need arises .

Looks like the Packers traded up to get their next Jordy Nelson at #34, some white dude from North Dakota State.
This Draft was so Deep at WR that there are at least 5 White Boy Wideouts who could be at least 3rd Or Slot Starters and or A few more who will make clubs as Returners or Special team mavens . ( There were 2 White Boy Corners in Division 1 & 2 might get drafted too )

I feel like I am watching a bad Variety show with endless commercials. Draft picks are being backed up with all of this when there is time to announce each one easily. I long for the Saturday/Sunday format that was used before this.

Schools with the most Top 100 picks: Georgia (8) Alabama (6) Cincinnati (5)

Cincy has Beavers, Bryant, Ford, Brooks left to be drafted.

Is no one surprised by the Steeler picks so far?
  • This season looked to finally be Mason Rudolph's big chance to lead the team after Roethlisberger retired.
  • Their #2 pick just a year ago, hopeful star Duane Haskins dies in strange traffic accident.
  • They pick up Mitch Trubisky a few weeks ago, looked now to be starter over Mason.
  • Everyone figured they'd limp this season through with these two and maybe get a third so they could focus on the D and O lines.
  • Instead, not only do they draft another QB in round 1, but they get someone they never thought would still be around in the 20th pick, their own Kenny Picket from Pitt, literally right across the hall from Steeler offices.
So after looking the world over and not expected to even be in market for a QB, they pick one in the first round who was right in their own backyard?

This is the weakest QB draft I think I've ever seen. I realize that the guy from Liberty would be a project, taking at least a year to get up to speed of the NFL defenses, but he didn't go until the third round, along with everyone else but Picket, who seems like a homer pick, which likely bumped up his profile a bit. I wonder how long he would have remained on the board if the Steelers didn't choose him.

This is the weakest QB draft I think I've ever seen. I realize that the guy from Liberty would be a project, taking at least a year to get up to speed of the NFL defenses, but he didn't go until the third round, along with everyone else but Picket, who seems like a homer pick, which likely bumped up his profile a bit. I wonder how long he would have remained on the board if the Steelers didn't choose him.

What is strange is that the Steelers were 20th in line and five other teams in greater need of a QB than the Steelers passed him and the other QBs over. They never dreamed Picket would still be available.

My official grade for the Washington Commanders 2032 Draft class…. F

If even a single one of their eight selections is a STARTER week #1 of the 2022 season, I will be shocked beyond all belief. If more than half of them are even on the active roster that day, I’ll be stunned.

They did next to nothing to improve their team for 2022.

My official grade for the Washington Commanders 2032 Draft class…. F

If even a single one of their eight selections is a STARTER week #1 of the 2022 season, I will be shocked beyond all belief. If more than half of them are even on the active roster that day, I’ll be stunned.

They did next to nothing to improve their team for 2022.
Same with the Bears. They didn't have a 1st round pick, after giving them away to get Khalil Mack. The Bears lost Mack, their best defensive player, and they also lost Allen Robinson, their best offensive player. They did nothing to replace either one of them. The last GM was absolutely horrible, trading up for Trubisky should have cost him his job, but it took 5 years. Now the new guy looks to be inept, or perhaps he has a "plan". The Bears have had a lot of them over the years, and they usually finish above only the Lions as a result.

Now the new guy looks to be inept, or perhaps he has a "plan". The Bears have had a lot of them over the years, and they usually finish above only the Lions as a result.
The Redskins / Football Team / Commandrrs have had plenty of plans, coaches, GMs, etc… over the last 30 years. Yep, it’s now been three decades since thst franchise has won a meaningful game. Looks like it might be another decade at least before that stretch ends,

The Redskins / Football Team / Commandrrs have had plenty of plans, coaches, GMs, etc… over the last 30 years. Yep, it’s now been three decades since thst franchise has won a meaningful game. Looks like it might be another decade at least before that stretch ends,
You have the worst owner in football. Snyder is pretty much the benchmark on how not to run a team. The Bears have the oldest owner in football, Virginia McCaskey, 99 years young.

You have the worst owner in football. Snyder is pretty much the benchmark on how not to run a team. The Bears have the oldest owner in football, Virginia McCaskey, 99 years young.
I actually LIKED Dan Snyder when he bought the team. At least we used to win the offseason. Now we don’t even do that, anymore. Unfortunately Snyder started to buy into the new era of NFL operations and we’re not even interesting in the off-season anymore. The off-field crap I don’t pay any attention to.

They have no chance unless and until Snyder is gone.

Forum List

Back