Week 6 NFL Picks Sure To Go Wrong

houston a good team? now THATS some funny stuff.you lost my interest after that.:lmao:no surprise that coming from you though pooper.a guy who actually believes wilson is merely just a good game manager.we at USMB will never live that one down.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

that tops the one previously by you that kurt warner is not hall of fame material which I NEVER thought you would be able to top.:lol::rofl:

Wilson was a game manager, look at his early career and the way Carrol used him, he has developed to a much better quarterback but he WAS a game manager.

The nice thing about Wilson is that he has intelligence to grow into his position. He is a good study, he is smart and he his always developing and growing. He is the opposite of you.
well thats not what you said earlier kid,you said he IS a game manager NOW .HUGE difference between one now and in the past kid. :cuckoo:

Dumbshit, he has developed, what part of developing do you not understand? Oh wait, you have never developed in your life, you are still the same adolescent dumb shit you were decades ago. Try using reading comprehension some time and you might learn something.

My opinion has changed a lot over the last few games, like I said he has developed, even Huggy early on said Carrol limited Wilson and his throws.

Like I said, Wilson has the intelligence to grow and mature, you will always be a conspiracy idiot.

Bye: Kansas City, New Orleans

THU, OCT 9
Indianapolis at Houston Two good teams, I'll take my chances with Luck.

SUN, OCT 12
Chicago at Atlanta Falcons at home, Bears struggling, Atlanta wins.
New England at Buffalo NE has been a mystery, Buffalo at home, Pats, solve the mystery.
Carolina at Cincinnati Bengals, rebound from a bad loss.
Pittsburgh at Cleveland Browns are surprising, Pitt needs a big win, this could be it.
Jacksonville at Tennessee Jags on the road, Titan's at home.
Green Bay at Miami Packers tough to call but they show up and win.
Detroit at Minnesota Lions lose a RB and a WR, go on the road and still win.
Denver at NY Jets Jets in an upset special...okay, Denver wins big.
Baltimore at Tampa Bay Ravens get back on track.
San Diego at Oakland Chargers are one point away from an undefeated season, Raiders aren't going to change that.
Washington at Arizona /cards turn to beat up the Skins.
Dallas at Seattle Hawks at home, enough said.
NY Giants at Philadelphia Manning keeps the Giants winning.

MON, OCT 13
San Francisco at St. Louis 49ers haven't gotten it all together yet, they don't need to, it's the Rams.
·

I've noticed that you usually have a shitty pick week when you go against the Eagles. :scared1:

I like Kelly and the Eagles, it seems that Foles has been figured out by the rest of the NFL. It was a tough call to pick against them, but I'm going with the momentum the Giants seem to have. I would not be to upset or shocked if the Eagles won.

THU, OCT 9

SUN, OCT 12
New England at Buffalo NE has been a mystery, Buffalo at home, Pats, solve the mystery.
Pittsburgh at Cleveland Browns are surprising, Pitt needs a big win, this could be it.
San Diego at Oakland Chargers are one point away from an undefeated season, Raiders aren't going to change that.

MON, OCT 13
San Francisco at St. Louis 49ers haven't gotten it all together yet, they don't need to, it's the Rams.
·

I've noticed that you usually have a shitty pick week when you go against the Eagles. :scared1:

I like Kelly and the Eagles, it seems that Foles has been figured out by the rest of the NFL. It was a tough call to pick against them, but I'm going with the momentum the Giants seem to have. I would not be to upset or shocked if the Eagles won.

There's alot of tough games tomorrow.
I only use the 'Eagles Fan Pump' in the games I'm worried about; last time I used it was before the Colts game. Don't tell anyone..........

houston a good team? now THATS some funny stuff.you lost my interest after that.:lmao:no surprise that coming from you though pooper.a guy who actually believes wilson is merely just a good game manager.we at USMB will never live that one down.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

that tops the one previously by you that kurt warner is not hall of fame material which I NEVER thought you would be able to top.:lol::rofl:

Wilson was a game manager, look at his early career and the way Carrol used him, he has developed to a much better quarterback but he WAS a game manager.

The nice thing about Wilson is that he has intelligence to grow into his position. He is a good study, he is smart and he his always developing and growing. He is the opposite of you.

All good points. I believe every rookie QB that doesn't just hold a clipboard as he developes which USED to be the standard model has a lot to learn and is handed immeasurable responsibility to "learn on the job".

There is nothing demeaning about "managing" a game plan and getting offered more and more playbook as he developes.

Looking at the early stats of all of the great QBs Wilson rates at or near the top in all the catagories that translate to winning which by the way is the most important stat.

Looking with a cold eye on Russell Wilson's progress from his first start away against Carolina to his "coming out party" in Chicago where he put the team on his back and showed a slice of his real potential fast forward to his game at Washington last Monday night one can only imagine how good he can and most probably will be.

What I find amusing is that all of Wilson's playmakers with maybe the exception of Marshawn Lynch are criticised of being pedestrian in one breath yet the same pundits through the other side of their mouths subvert Wilson's value as only a "game manager" having the most complete team at his disposal. So which is it? Best supporting cast? Or pedestrian average playmakers he must count on to distribute the ball to?

Pap's Green Bay pick may be in trouble. As usual, it can be hard going against Rodgers, but not when considering the Green Bay run defense will wilt in the heat and the Dolphins QB Tannehill IS 7-1 ATS as the home dog. Miami in a close one.

Not that Green Bay can do anything about it but the Seattle game at San Diego showed what temperatures a team is not acclimated to can be a serious dissadvantage.

San Diego is a much better team than the Dolphins but Green Bay is not as strong as Seattle either.

As the man said the first element of a team to "wilt" in excessive heat is the defense..especially a team that plays outdoors in Northern climates.

I agree with the OP picks with the following differences :
I'm taking Buffalo over the Pats. I'm not sure why but I think last week's win was more of a fluke than the Pats getting back on track.
Cleveland over Pittsburgh. I'm rooting for Hoyer and the Browns, probably just as an underdog thing. Pittsburgh hasn't exactly impressed so far, particularly that close game to Jacksonville.
Philly over the Giants. I expect a close, fairly high scoring game, I'm just giving Philly the edge at home.

The Bills over the Pats is not a far-fetched pick. Bills rank 8th in total defense, Orton is a plus for an offense on any given Sunday, and Buffalo was 6-1 ATS as home dogs last year........so there are sane and legit reasons to side with the Bills.

This is another worry for this weekend but again, I would not mind being wrong on this one. I like the Bills and am not to crazy about NE.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I'm taking Buffalo over the Pats. I'm not sure why but I think last week's win was more of a fluke than the Pats getting back on track.
Cleveland over Pittsburgh. I'm rooting for Hoyer and the Browns, probably just as an underdog thing. Pittsburgh hasn't exactly impressed so far, particularly that close game to Jacksonville.
Philly over the Giants. I expect a close, fairly high scoring game, I'm just giving Philly the edge at home.

The Bills over the Pats is not a far-fetched pick. Bills rank 8th in total defense, Orton is a plus for an offense on any given Sunday, and Buffalo was 6-1 ATS as home dogs last year........so there are sane and legit reasons to side with the Bills.

This is another worry for this weekend but again, I would not mind being wrong on this one. I like the Bills and am not to crazy about NE.

I believe the Bills are STILL riding an emotional high from having their continued stability of local ownership solidified. NE is complacent and even though Brady has shown flashes of his old self I think the Patriots could easily overlook the Bills.

All good points. I believe every rookie QB that doesn't just hold a clipboard as he developes which USED to be the standard model has a lot to learn and is handed immeasurable responsibility to "learn on the job".

There is nothing demeaning about "managing" a game plan and getting offered more and more playbook as he developes.

Looking at the early stats of all of the great QBs Wilson rates at or near the top in all the catagories that translate to winning which by the way is the most important stat.

Looking with a cold eye on Russell Wilson's progress from his first start away against Carolina to his "coming out party" in Chicago where he put the team on his back and showed a slice of his real potential fast forward to his game at Washington last Monday night one can only imagine how good he can and most probably will be.

What I find amusing is that all of Wilson's playmakers with maybe the exception of Marshawn Lynch are criticised of being pedestrian in one breath yet the same pundits through the other side of their mouths subvert Wilson's value as only a "game manager" having the most complete team at his disposal. So which is it? Best supporting cast? Or pedestrian average playmakers he must count on to distribute the ball to?

I would hope that the point people make is that Wilson has a great team around him, not great receivers. He doesn't need to be responsible for putting up a lot of points because of the defense and run game.

That's not to take anything away from the man. He has a Super Bowl win, an incredible win/loss record, and some exceptional statistics. However, he has not had to carry the team in the way an Andrew Luck has.

And so what if Wilson isn't the best QB in the league? If he can continue to play well and improve, and be part of the best team in the league, I doubt he cares much. ;)

Green Bay and Miami played a heck of a game. Comes down to a last second TD and Green Bay uses a trick play to set up the win.

Missed three so far, Cleveland ran over Pittsburgh, Chicago nails Atlanta and Dallas thumped Seattle good.

When I miss, I miss. I barely got the Packer win.

Missed three so far, Cleveland ran over Pittsburgh, Chicago nails Atlanta and Dallas thumped Seattle good.

When I miss, I miss. I barely got the Packer win.

I missed three myself. Same as you except I picked Cleveland but was wrong with Buffalo. Serves me right for thinking Brady/Bilicheck couldn't turn things around. :p

I would hope that the point people make is that Wilson has a great team around him, not great receivers. He doesn't need to be responsible for putting up a lot of points because of the defense and run game.

That's not to take anything away from the man. He has a Super Bowl win, an incredible win/loss record, and some exceptional statistics. However, he has not had to carry the team in the way an Andrew Luck has.

And so what if Wilson isn't the best QB in the league? If he can continue to play well and improve, and be part of the best team in the league, I doubt he cares much. ;)

Wilson played like dog poo today and Bevell called the worst game ever in his position as Offensive co-ordinator.

It was embarrassing watching my team play so badly.

Wilson played like dog poo today and Bevell called the worst game ever in his position as Offensive co-ordinator.

This game says two things to me.

The first is that Dallas is much better than the preseason predictions, particularly on defense.

The second is that, as good as Seattle is, the NFL is a close enough league that even the best teams can be beaten on 'any given Sunday'. If your opponent plays well, no matter how good a team you are, there isn't a whole lot of room for error.

I'd also like to point out that in the NFC East, Dallas and Philly are tied for the division lead at 5-1. The other thing they have in common? It was the Niners that gave them each their only loss. :D

yeah this was wilsons worst game since the cardinals game last year.that was a stupid call by the defensive coordinater as well on 3rd and 20 just rushing a mere FOUR guys.man you need to fucking BLITZ at that point.what the hell was he thinking!!!!

I believe the Bills are STILL riding an emotional high from having their continued stability of local ownership solidified. NE is complacent and even though Brady has shown flashes of his old self I think the Patriots could easily overlook the Bills.

well the buffons predictably lost.No surprise.I said just a few days ago that the patriots next two road games were gimme games for them.the buffalo buffons dont have a quarterback.orton showed why he has been a career backup his whole life making boneheaded costly decisions.

Now the next patsy the pats get to have their way with on the road is the jets which i would say has taken the honor away from the raiders as the worst team in the NFL.the raiders have actually played a couple of the best teams in the NFL close this year.first the pats on the road losing to them in boston by just a touchdown and yesterday taking the chargers to the wire losing to them in oakland by just a field goal.

Derek Carr might blossom as a quarterback for them in the future so the raiders have hope where the jets are hopeless with geno smith as quarterback.He has regressed from his flashes of being an effective quarterback last year.He looks to be another Kordell stewart.a flash in the pan quarterback who showed promise his first year but was never the same after that.

THU, OCT 9

SUN, OCT 12

MON, OCT 13
·

Its not that Foles has been "figured out". Thats just something outside observers use as the reason for his decline. The real reason is his offensive line was decimated and he's not comfortable in the pocket. He hasn't been setting his feet right. Last night he got great protection and had a much better game. The 2 picks were just stupid throws. Besides those, he looked great out there.

That Steelers loss yesterday may be the most embarrassing yet. Good grief, they are just awful.

Forum List

Back