2017 Military Ranking

Why do we need to increase our military budget again?

Are Russia or China committed by treaty to defending small nations against very large and powerful neighbors on the other side of the world from them?

Such commitments are expensive to meet. And no one else it trying to do that shit.

THus we have to spend more. Or reduce our commitments.
We do not need to be the worlds policemen

The EU, Japan and S Korea are capable of assuming more control in their sphere of influence

I agree. We should leave our Cold War alliances, and reduce military spending.

But until we do, to meet those commitments, requires huge spending.

OR we will find our bluff called, and our young men dying to defend people who didn't pay to defend themselves, and doing it with inadequate equipment and support.
I agree.

But we should be shifting more of the burden to Europe. They created most of the problems in the Middle East

We should be reducing our military budget not raising it. The global threat is not there

If Russia moves on Estonia, would we be hard pressed to stop them, even with our current budget.

Even if the war stayed conventional, an very big if, considering that we would be fighting IN Russia, losses would be on a World War scale.

As long as we are treaty bound to such commitments, and reduction of military spending is madness.
America does not think Estonia is worth fighting for

If Russia invaded, the world would impose crippling economic sanctions

someone correct me if I'm wrong
I'm seeing NKorea land forces active as 950,000..NK population 25 million??
something is warped/wrong......??
US total forces active 1.2 million?? population 325 million
Depends what you classify as a soldier

Theirs would be mostly targets
if that's even half correct--it must be true NK is really a mess
In a sustained war, NK would have a difficult time feeding its soldiers, let alone arm them

Are Russia or China committed by treaty to defending small nations against very large and powerful neighbors on the other side of the world from them?

Such commitments are expensive to meet. And no one else it trying to do that shit.

THus we have to spend more. Or reduce our commitments.

The EU, Japan and S Korea are capable of assuming more control in their sphere of influence

OR we will find our bluff called, and our young men dying to defend people who didn't pay to defend themselves, and doing it with inadequate equipment and support.
I agree.

But we should be shifting more of the burden to Europe. They created most of the problems in the Middle East

We should be reducing our military budget not raising it. The global threat is not there

If Russia moves on Estonia, would we be hard pressed to stop them, even with our current budget.

Even if the war stayed conventional, an very big if, considering that we would be fighting IN Russia, losses would be on a World War scale.

As long as we are treaty bound to such commitments, and reduction of military spending is madness.

We are treaty bound to protect it.

Are you saying that Trump could stand by, NOT meeting his legal obligations to our NATO allies and he would not be destroyed by the Left, and the establishment Right, in this country?

I agree.

Are you saying that Trump could stand by, NOT meeting his legal obligations to our NATO allies and he would not be destroyed by the Left, and the establishment Right, in this country?
We will have to see how willing Trump is to stand up to Russia

Who are the greys?
Probably...
main-qimg-c72ada7ba1eca2e4982f8eed20a68384-c

I was thinking that might be what we need to bring us down , and learn to value life.

Why would they want to bring us down when they are in control of everything? Don't be silly.

Who?
THEM.

Who is them?

How much military does the US need to actually defend our shores?
Being surrounded by two huge oceans and close allies Mexico and Canada makes an invasion highly unlikely

If we maintain 1500 nukes with the assurance we can deliver them with pinpoint accuracy at a moments notice makes us a force nobody would mess with

The role of our military is to expand our military influence around the globe, protect the monetary interests and maintain stability

Probably...
main-qimg-c72ada7ba1eca2e4982f8eed20a68384-c

I was thinking that might be what we need to bring us down , and learn to value life.

Why would they want to bring us down when they are in control of everything? Don't be silly.

Who?
THEM.

Who is them?

The official stance of the establishment.
Extraterrestrial life - Wikipedia
The unofficial position.
Are Extraterrestrial Biological Entities Among Us?

Maybe you misunderstand what I meant.

They've developed long range missiles to take out AWACS, ships etc. This means if you want to fight with China on China's home turf, you'll not win.
ok, what scenario would there be to take out AWACS and ships near their border?

If someone were trying to attack China..... hence why I'm talking about China is protecting its borders.
who would do something stupid like that??

It's only stupid if China has the ability to MAKE IT STUPID.

100 something years ago it wasn't stupid because China didn't have the ability to stop it. Qingdao, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Guangzhou among the places where the west settled down.

If you go to Tianjin you can find perfect examples of British houses. It's spooky, if you've ever been to the UK.

Ever seen the film Empire of the Sun? Great film, they filmed most of it in the UK.
I might see India getting into it with China--but just locally.....
India's navy not that big at all...
China has always had the forces to defend her land borders ....they beat back the UN [ including powerful US units ] forces in Korea, and that's after extending from the border to the parallel

The India/China affair would be done over borders mostly, as this is where their problems lie.

One whole region of India is claimed by China. India backed up Bhutan over an area the Chinese had claimed, China claimed the whole of Bhutan at one point, now only 1/3 of the country.

China is building roads that would allow it to effectively fight a land campaign right on India's border. The more low level land they get on the other side of the mountains, the more dangerous they will become for the Indians.

But India can't even run itself. To get from one side of a large city to another take hours, in China it's much more civilized, which makes movement of troops much easier. China is decades ahead of India in every single way.

I agree.

You just said that AMERICA "does not think Estonia is worth fighting for".

If that is true, then we are LYING to the Estonian people, by accepting them into NATO while not planning to actually defend them as we are treaty bound to do so.

I agree.

If that is true, then we are LYING to the Estonian people, by accepting them into NATO while not planning to actually defend them as we are treaty bound to do so.
Yup

Pretty much so

We need to be spending our money protecting our borders, not other people's borders.

We do need a very strong military.
U.S. Air Force Lt.Gen. Richard Clark clearly states the mission below:

"And those US troops who would be deployed to Israel, are prepared to die for the Jewish state, Clark said."

Top US General Says American Troops Should be Prepared to Die—for ISRAEL

View attachment 185132
The problem is we have a very wasteful and expensive military that is also extremely destructive and murderous, when put into the hands of the idiots in the Imperial City. We have American troops and intelligence personnel in nearly every nation on earth. The empire just continues to grow like a insidious weed...which like all historic empires, will ultimately destroy us.

Yup

Pretty much so

Then we should stop doing that.

You ready to do that? Cause when I suggest it, I get called all sorts of names by lefties (and righties).

Yup

Pretty much so

Then we should stop doing that.

You ready to do that? Cause when I suggest it, I get called all sorts of names by lefties (and righties).
Agreed. It does seem when one criticizes the absurdly destructive empire building warmongering interventionist policies of our imperial government, one is attacked by both those on the left and right. This would seem to indicate that many on the left and right approve of the empire's warmongering policies. Or, maybe they are just brainwashed statists.

When four US servicemen were killed in battle in Niger last Fall, my immediate reaction was WTF are US military personnel doing in Niger. Upon reading and watching news reports of the incident, not one report questioned why they were there. The Empire is just accepted by Americans these days.

Four Americans Killed in Niger Battle Had Limited Combat Experience

2017 Military Strength Ranking

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China
Why do we need to increase our military budget again?
Didn't you miss Xi's declaration of wanting to rule the world?
If only bad guys have guns, bad guys win every time.

You can claim anything you want, but if you lack the capability to do it, it is just bluster

Now, I have never heard Xi say that, could you provide the full quote?

Forum List

Back