2017 Military Ranking

2017 Military Strength Ranking

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

What China has done in the past few years is make sure its borders are defended from potential attacks from the US. They've done that now, more or less.

Part two is working on more offensive capabilities. They'll have compatible spending with the US within the next decade or so.
...they didn't/don't need to strengthen any borders...do you know what it takes to land an army that far away?? they would overwhelm anything we landed
...as our army got further away from the landing area, the weaker it would become
...China population 1.3 Billion
US population 325 Million
what would we be doing attacking China?? what's the goal??

Maybe you misunderstand what I meant.

They've developed long range missiles to take out AWACS, ships etc. This means if you want to fight with China on China's home turf, you'll not win.

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

What China has done in the past few years is make sure its borders are defended from potential attacks from the US. They've done that now, more or less.

Part two is working on more offensive capabilities. They'll have compatible spending with the US within the next decade or so.
...they didn't/don't need to strengthen any borders...do you know what it takes to land an army that far away?? they would overwhelm anything we landed
...as our army got further away from the landing area, the weaker it would become

They've developed long range missiles to take out AWACS, ships etc. This means if you want to fight with China on China's home turf, you'll not win.
ok, what scenario would there be to take out AWACS and ships near their border?

Where do you think the Pentagon and the Military Industrial Establishment spends all of it's money? Why do you think they don't tell us and where does it all go?

What explains why it is so much bigger than the rest of the world combined?

Especially, when most of the world are our allies? Don't you ever wonder about that, aren't you even the least bit curious?

discretionary_spending_pie%2C_2015_enacted.png
It

$10 Trillion Missing From Pentagon And No One — Not Even the DoD — Knows Where It Is
$10 Trillion Missing From Pentagon And No One — Not Even the DoD — Knows Where It Is

It is way past the time to eliminate the "War Department" altogether, and mothball the pentagon.

I suspect my words above will get me thrown in prison, once the ruling class gets WWIII going.

There are many factions out there, and we have been told, if we get rid of all our death toys, we would be helped.

Our foolish leaders made deals with the wrong folks, b/c they are paranoid, greedy, selfish idiots, just like the rest of us.

So, as the story is told, we are stuck here, to worship material things, filth up the planet, and destroy ourselves.

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China
Why do we need to increase our military budget again?

Are Russia or China committed by treaty to defending small nations against very large and powerful neighbors on the other side of the world from them?

Such commitments are expensive to meet. And no one else it trying to do that shit.

THus we have to spend more. Or reduce our commitments.

the US has the premier force/experience/doctrine in projecting force worldwide
as far as one to one, man to man ''talent'', the other countries' military are right up there

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

I don’t see us directly fighting China or Russia

There could be conflicts over disputed territories or alliances

Last edited:

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

I don’t see us directly fighting China or Russia

There could be disputes over disputed territories or alliances
yes, and usually those disputes stay local
Korean War, Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

Are Russia or China committed by treaty to defending small nations against very large and powerful neighbors on the other side of the world from them?

Such commitments are expensive to meet. And no one else it trying to do that shit.

We do not need to be the worlds policemen

The EU, Japan and S Korea are capable of assuming more control in their sphere of influence

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

If someone were trying to attack China..... hence why I'm talking about China is protecting its borders.

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

If someone were trying to attack China..... hence why I'm talking about China is protecting its borders.
who would do something stupid like that??

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

The EU, Japan and S Korea are capable of assuming more control in their sphere of influence

I agree. We should leave our Cold War alliances, and reduce military spending.

But until we do, to meet those commitments, requires huge spending.

OR we will find our bluff called, and our young men dying to defend people who didn't pay to defend themselves, and doing it with inadequate equipment and support.

It's only stupid if China has the ability to MAKE IT STUPID.

100 something years ago it wasn't stupid because China didn't have the ability to stop it. Qingdao, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Guangzhou among the places where the west settled down.

If you go to Tianjin you can find perfect examples of British houses. It's spooky, if you've ever been to the UK.

Ever seen the film Empire of the Sun? Great film, they filmed most of it in the UK.

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

SKorea has a good size navy and army

Last edited:
We do need a very strong military.
U.S. Air Force Lt.Gen. Richard Clark clearly states the mission below:

"And those US troops who would be deployed to Israel, are prepared to die for the Jewish state, Clark said."

Top US General Says American Troops Should be Prepared to Die—for ISRAEL

View attachment 185132

That's ONE OF THE missions.

Could just as easily be "to die for" Estonia. And that one would be worse and our ally in it, would be able to offer less aid in their own defense.

Or SOuth Korea. We already did that one once. What fun. Millions of Red Chinese pouring down the peninsula.

There is a lot to look back at the 50s as a Golden Age. Our soldiers facing massive numerical disadvantage is not one of them.

It's only stupid if China has the ability to MAKE IT STUPID.

100 something years ago it wasn't stupid because China didn't have the ability to stop it. Qingdao, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Guangzhou among the places where the west settled down.

If you go to Tianjin you can find perfect examples of British houses. It's spooky, if you've ever been to the UK.

Ever seen the film Empire of the Sun? Great film, they filmed most of it in the UK.
I might see India getting into it with China--but just locally.....
India's navy not that big at all...
China has always had the forces to defend her land borders ....they beat back the UN [ including powerful US units ] forces in Korea, and that's after extending from the border to the parallel

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

OR we will find our bluff called, and our young men dying to defend people who didn't pay to defend themselves, and doing it with inadequate equipment and support.
I agree.

But we should be shifting more of the burden to Europe. They created most of the problems in the Middle East

We should be reducing our military budget not raising it. The global threat is not there

someone correct me if I'm wrong
I'm seeing NKorea land forces active as 950,000..NK population 25 million??
something is warped/wrong......??
US total forces active 1.2 million?? population 325 million

US no.1
then Russia
and in 3rd place China

I agree.

But we should be shifting more of the burden to Europe. They created most of the problems in the Middle East

We should be reducing our military budget not raising it. The global threat is not there

If Russia moves on Estonia, would we be hard pressed to stop them, even with our current budget.

Even if the war stayed conventional, an very big if, considering that we would be fighting IN Russia, losses would be on a World War scale.

As long as we are treaty bound to such commitments, and reduction of military spending is madness.

someone correct me if I'm wrong
I'm seeing NKorea land forces active as 950,000..NK population 25 million??
something is warped/wrong......??
US total forces active 1.2 million?? population 325 million
Depends what you classify as a soldier

Theirs would be mostly targets

Forum List

Back