2013 Sports Predictions

Football: Green Bay Packers. They are on a roll

Hockey: None. Fuck both the owners and the players with a rusty nail.

basketball: New York Knicks.

NCAAF: Notre Dame

Baseball: Toronto

Golf: Mcleroy continues his slide due to getting laid by that hot tennis player girlfriend of his.

It seems tha the intent of the nfl is to achieve parity to the point that the SB winner might as well be decided by pulling the teams name out if a hat.

NFL - Green Bay over Denver

College - Alabama beats down Notre Dame.

NBA - Oklahoma City over Miami

MLB - Athletics get most wins per dollor of payroll. Playoffs are anything goes, but Washington and New York will be in the hunt.

NHL - none

If the Seahawks play GB in the playoffs we will score 35 points to GB's 0 points in the first half and the just throw hail marys in the second half just to fuck with you.

OK. If Green Bay plays Seattle you can spot me 35 points and we can bet on the game....

NFL - Green Bay over Denver

College - Alabama beats down Notre Dame.

NBA - Oklahoma City over Miami

MLB - Athletics get most wins per dollor of payroll. Playoffs are anything goes, but Washington and New York will be in the hunt.

NHL - none

If the Seahawks play GB in the playoffs we will score 35 points to GB's 0 points in the first half and the just throw hail marys in the second half just to fuck with you.

In the NFC, I look at GB as the only team Seattle doesn't match up with. Going into Lambeu Field in January is a tough win for a dome team. I'll still take Aaron Rodgers over a rookie

No question Seattle has been hot, but so has Green Bay. And there won't be replacement refs in this game

Seattle isn't a dome team.

In the NFC, I look at GB as the only team Seattle doesn't match up with. Going into Lambeu Field in January is a tough win for a dome team. I'll still take Aaron Rodgers over a rookie

No question Seattle has been hot, but so has Green Bay. And there won't be replacement refs in this game

My bad.......thinking of the good ole days

Seattle is a HOME team though, and that is the real clincher.

Would you fans of the NFL please make up your minds??

Before y'all play us it's all about our stadium doesn't mean squat..

After ya slink outta town It wasn't the play of the Hawks..no...it was croud noise. :lol:

The funny thing is that it is just as loud for our defense as our opponents offense. OR..don't ya think the defense has to communicate also?

After ya slink outta town It wasn't the play of the Hawks..no...it was croud noise. :lol:

The funny thing is that it is just as loud for our defense as our opponents offense. OR..don't ya think the defense has to communicate also?

Seattle at home = 7-0. Seattle on the road = 3-5. That's enough for me to say they are a home team. :)

Yes, the defense has issues with communications as well.....but it is a longstanding truism that you want your home crowd to make it hard for the opposing offense to function. Defenses are, by nature, a bit more reactionary anyway, so it will probably hurt an offense more in the long run to have problems hearing than defense.

Another thing to remember with the home vs road argument is travel. That can have an affect as well, changing time zones, long flights, especially if it's a team going from a Monday game to a Thursday one.

Seattle at home = 7-0. Seattle on the road = 3-5. That's enough for me to say they are a home team. :)

Yes, the defense has issues with communications as well.....but it is a longstanding truism that you want your home crowd to make it hard for the opposing offense to function. Defenses are, by nature, a bit more reactionary anyway, so it will probably hurt an offense more in the long run to have problems hearing than defense.

Another thing to remember with the home vs road argument is travel. That can have an affect as well, changing time zones, long flights, especially if it's a team going from a Monday game to a Thursday one.[/QUOTE] The Seahawks have their own 757 making travel as comfortable as humany possible. Their means of travel makes normal first class look and feel like being in prison.

It isn't really your interest to study the inside story for my Seahawks. I get that. Every team has it's own identity and maturation or degeneration proccess as they play through the season. The preparation before and during pre season is different for a team that has a starting QB like the Patriots. Other teams like us that are starting over from scratch with the key ball handler that gets named just prior to the first game have to approach the season more reserved and close to the vest as a rookie is tested and protected with a program of giving a little more rope with each game. Typically a rookie makes a ton of mistakes because the NFL speed is so much faster than college. Almost always he gets overwhelmed and the seasoned back up has to be sent in to clean up a mess and salvage a win if possible.

Wilson made few mistakes. He was never overwhelmed. Still Carroll needed to be sure so in effect the first half of the season was Wilsons pre-season as he got few snaps in pre-season training and pre season games. Right up till the first game Carroll was going to start and play Matt Flynn. Carroll made a very difficult decision because he knew he would be in effect forfieting several games as his new QB was settling in. Also the other coaches were involved in the decisions on how much should be loaded into Wilson's game plan.

Wilson wasn't given enough tools the Hawks had in the lineup to realistically win every game situation and therefor evey game.

Carroll and the other coaches had to start trusting and believing in Wison's ability and natural style. At first they were teaching and allowing him to play a "Matt Flynn" style of play. Even so he won a few games doing just that.

There came a time in the eleventh game against Chicago that Carroll made the decision to go all in with Wilsons skill set. They had been practicing Wilson's style during the last couple of weeks but not using it.

The Seahawks were behind and there was like less than two minutes in the fourth qtr. and we were on like our three with no chance of driving that far with the old QB style..it was just too conservative. Wilson didn't stumble..he did not falter...he did not hesitate or make any stupid rookie decicons. He crafted an astounding drive the length of the field just to tie the mighty Bears. Then in OT we got the ball kicked to us and Wilson was inside his 10...I think it was the 7. Wilson did exactly the same thing..not settling for a FG ..just simply took control and got the job done like he had been doing it his whole life.

SOOOoooo... when you talk about the Seahawks you really only have 4 games to work with in evaluating Wilson and the Seahawks.

As far as I am concerned the REAL Russell Wilson is undefeated at home and away.

I'm pretty good at evaluating QBs myself. I wish to Christ I had taken the time to watch Wilson's Wisconsin highlights before the season started. The Seahawks were more than 100 to 1 to win the super bowl It could have been 500 to 1 I can't find it but I know it was fantastic odds.

If I had known then what I learne about three weeks ago I would have and could have laid down a thou on a SB bet for the Seahawks. I had a wad of extra cash back when pre seaon was starting. I'm sure I missed an opprtunity to make half a million bucks.

Call me a crazy homer NOW.. What are ya gonna say when Wilson EASILY wins the Super Bowl? and the playoff games leading to it?

Last edited:

Super Bowl - Baltimore Ravens

NBA- San Antonio Spurs

NHL- LA Kings

Baseball- LA Angels

Soccer - Man U. / Barcelona / FC Bayern / Juventus / LA Galaxy

List your predictions for winners in 2013

Super Bowl- New England

NBA- Oklahoma City

NHL- None

Baseball- Washington

Golf: Will Tiger Woods win a major- No

NASCAR- Denny Hamlin

Formula One: Jensen Button

Baseball: Atlanta Braves

College Football: Alabama, of course

College Basketball: Seton Hall

College Baseball: Arizona State or LSU

Rafael Nadal has a bad year

Serena Williams has a great year, then retires

NFL: Atlanta Falcons

NBA: Miami Heat

NASCAR: Who cares?

Tiger wins a Major. I say Augusta.

Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens snubbed in first Hall of Fame bid

Another thing to remember with the home vs road argument is travel. That can have an affect as well, changing time zones, long flights, especially if it's a team going from a Monday game to a Thursday one.

If SF beats Arizona, Seattle spends the whole playoffs on the road. First game, probably at Washington and RGIII. Then road games against either Atlanta or GB.
Hard to do for a rookie QB

If SF beats Arizona, Seattle spends the whole playoffs on the road. First game, probably at Washington and RGIII. Then road games against either Atlanta or GB.
Hard to do for a rookie QB

A game between RG3 and Russel Wilson gives me a semi. I've watched clips of Washington this season RG3 style and I am confident that here ...there ... on the moon The Seahawks will destroy the Redskins for the next year. RG3 will be carried off the field unfortunately because he thinks he is a running back that also plays QB. Wash recievers run predictable routes. Mercifully we will intercept RG3's passes from his limited time on the field preventing the DC wide outs from trying to catch them and getting their feelings as well as multiple ither body parts hurt.

Talk is cheap so I brought along a video... The nfl determined that it was a legal hit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTnWFaHWH0]Kam Chancellor Big Hit On Vernon Davis Concussion | 49ers vs Seahawks 12/23/12 - YouTube[/ame]

I suspect and predict PapaGooGoo and Truthsqueeker will be hard to find after the game tommorow in DC.. On the other hand I believe that MAD Scientist will be proudly sporting a Seahawks logo before I can remind him.

I suspect and predict PapaGooGoo and Truthsqueeker will be hard to find after the game tommorow in DC.. On the other hand I believe that MAD Scientist will be proudly sporting a Seahawks logo before I can remind him.

Why? I don't care if the Hawks win or lose, they aren't my team and Hawk fans like you are still as ignorant as ever.

I have predicted Seattle the winner tomorrow, they are a better team in almost every position other than QB and that won't be enough.

Forum List

Back