2012 Vice Presidential Debate Thread

:D He's like a big Saint Bernard. Loveable mugg.

:lol: I have barely seen Paul Ryan speak so I am looking forward to seeing how he handles everything. I like Joe, but I have to admit I am hoping for a gaffe!

A Ryan gaffe, yeah.

ryan makes gaffes... saying the numbers were too complicated to share was a gaffe... storming out of an interview like a petulant child was a gaffe.. and that's just off the top of my head.

I haven't really seen Ryan in action. I hear he is good with the numbers, but Biden is good at connecting to people and making policy understandable for the average American.

Ryan has a lot of nervous energy. I'd bet they were slowing him way down in his practice sessions.

I usually watch FNC. I already know what the other networks are going to say.

One year, they had election coverage on the comedy channel. Penn and Teller were hosting, I believe. It was different, Penn drew a map state by state, he was good.

I love political comedy and am glad that we have finally abandoned the "hands off" policy regarding President Obama. I am still waiting for a good impersonation of Romney. Have you seen one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QHFF6l17g]Romney & Obama Tell Jim Lehrer: "Shut The F*** Up" (Jimmy Fallon) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_DuRGHdoVU&feature=relmfu]Mitt Romney Responds To The "47%" Controversy  - Jimmy Fallon - YouTube[/ame]

:lol: I have barely seen Paul Ryan speak so I am looking forward to seeing how he handles everything. I like Joe, but I have to admit I am hoping for a gaffe!

A Ryan gaffe, yeah.

ryan makes gaffes... saying the numbers were too complicated to share was a gaffe... storming out of an interview like a petulant child was a gaffe.. and that's just off the top of my head.

He was defending the president the other day regarding gun legislation. That was a gaffe.

Not sure how long I'll be here tonight, I have a screaming headache for some reason.

I'm watching Hardball Special Coverage. They have several panels throughout the show and I have to say I've come to like Michael Steele so much lately. He has so much more confidence now that he isn't RNC Chair anymore.

Oh, for the love of gawd. It's just the VP debate. Screw it. Watch the Yankees.

Why would we want to torture ourselves with that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUnlFaYczwc&feature=relmfu]Mitt Romney's Video Blog - Jimmy Fallon - YouTube[/ame]

One year, they had election coverage on the comedy channel. Penn and Teller were hosting, I believe. It was different, Penn drew a map state by state, he was good.

I love political comedy and am glad that we have finally abandoned the "hands off" policy regarding President Obama. I am still waiting for a good impersonation of Romney. Have you seen one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QHFF6l17g]Romney & Obama Tell Jim Lehrer: "Shut The F*** Up" (Jimmy Fallon) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_DuRGHdoVU&feature=relmfu]Mitt Romney Responds To The "47%" Controversy *- Jimmy Fallon - YouTube[/ame]

I love Jimmy Fallon.

Not sure how long I'll be here tonight, I have a screaming headache for some reason.

I'm watching Hardball Special Coverage. They have several panels throughout the show and I have to say I've come to like Michael Steele so much lately. He has so much more confidence now that he isn't RNC Chair anymore.

What's a Yankee?

Heck if I know but I'm looking forward to watching the Cafeteria Catholic LyinRyan dance tonight.

All the time he's saying he wants to charge women with murder if they abort their fetus, he's also saying he wants the elderly and children to be homeless and hungry. And, Romney says he wants sick (rw) Americans to sit in ER's alongside the illegals and then force responsible Americans to pay their bills.

Also, what's this crap about poor little baby Ryan not being experienced? Every time he has run for office, for re-election, he has had to debate his opponent but they're so afraid he'll screw up, they've already given him an out. Lame.

Ryan brags about how he knows the numbers but he has never had to actually prove it. The little twerp needs to man up and quit running away from questions.

A Ryan gaffe, yeah.

He wasn't petulant, and he didn't storm out. He just refused to play the logical fallacy/loaded question game with a crap *journalist* with an obvious agenda. He gave him two chances. The second one, he was out.

What's a Yankee?

Heck if I know but I'm looking forward to watching the Cafeteria Catholic LyinRyan dance tonight.

All the time he's saying he wants to charge women with murder if they abort their fetus, he's also saying he wants the elderly and children to be homeless and hungry. And, Romney says he wants sick (rw) Americans to sit in ER's alongside the illegals and then force responsible Americans to pay their bills.

Also, what's this crap about poor little baby Ryan not being experienced? Every time he has run for office, for re-election, he has had to debate his opponent but they're so afraid he'll screw up, they've already given him an out. Lame.

Ryan brags about how he knows the numbers but he has never had to actually prove it. The little twerp needs to man up and quit running away from questions.

Realllllly..why don't you link him saying those things, you loon?

Jwoodie,

There has been no hands off policy. You are a fucking whiner.

And....Romney does not need an impersonator......he does that himself depending on the audience.

If Mitt had a brain, he'd just stay home and run Andrea Saul.

Since she's the one who usually has to to clean up after his daily stumbles. It would save so much time.

A Ryan gaffe, yeah.

He wasn't petulant, and he didn't storm out. He just refused to play the logical fallacy/loaded question game with a crap *journalist* with an obvious agenda. He gave him two chances. The second one, he was out.

the idea of these debates is to convince people who aren't already convinced....

anyone looking at ryan objectively would have said he threw a tantrum

i'm sorry the little whiner doesn't think he should have to answer questions. but he does... unlike you, the average person is fairly unimpressed with him and his teaparty congress... so much so that he doesn't want to be called congressman tonight.

the idea of these debates is to convince people who aren't already convinced....

i'm sorry the little whiner doesn't think he should have to answer questions. but he does... unlike you, the average person is fairly unimpressed with him and his teaparty congress... so much so that he doesn't want to be called congressman tonight.

Because he left at the end of an interview that already lasted 5 minutes beyond the scheduled time?

What's a Yankee?

LOL, I hope (for you're sake) that you really don't believe the load of crap you just posted :lol:

Because he left at the end of an interview that already lasted 5 minutes beyond the scheduled time?

LOL, now that dumb beeotch and failed moderator thinks that she can speak for the "average person". What a bunch of bull.

What to watch for tonight. I believe that Biden has been memorizing statements and retorts to questions and that is far as he can go in talking about policiies and issues. He's good for 15 seconds on any topic and then he's out of juice.

Paul Ryan knows the issues and can talk at length about amy one of them. That's going to make the difference.

If Biden doesn't know the questions in advance, he'll have to "wing it" and there come his famous gaffes. There's a genuine likable side to Biden and that his his endearing quality. But that doesn't make for a competent leader should the heart stop with the president and he has to take the lead. We have seen a likable guy as president make a mess of things and we don't need that a heartbeat away from any president.

What's a Yankee?

Realllllly..why don't you link him saying those things, you loon?

Do your own search, key words, Medicare, vouchers, Medicaid, children, elderly, ice floes. Hell, while you're at it, add vets, disabled vets and screwing over disabled vets by taking health care away from them and replacing it with more of those #$%^&* the pubpots are so fond of.

What's a Yankee?

LOL, I hope (for you're sake) that you really don't believe the load of crap you just posted :lol:

he's twisted that way

What to watch for tonight. I believe that Biden has been memorizing statements and retorts to questions and that is far as he can go in talking about policiies and issues. He's good for 15 seconds on any topic and then he's out of juice.

Paul Ryan knows the issues and can talk at length about amy one of them. That's going to make the difference.

If Biden doesn't know the questions in advance, he'll have to "wing it" and there come his famous gaffes. There's a genuine likable side to Biden and that his his endearing quality. But that doesn't make for a competent leader should the heart stop with the president and he has to take the lead. We have seen a likable guy as president make a mess of things and we don't need that a heartbeat away from any president.

If they are counting on Biden to somehow cover for Obama's dismal debate performance they have major problems. Ryan just may have Biden for lunch and dinner.

Forum List

Back