2012 for real...

Interesting Westwall. I am sure no expert on this stuff. Are you a geologist?

Aquifers are simply mysterious sources of water to me though I am generally intrigued by all Earth sciences. I do know that the huge Ogallala Aquifer in the US is slowly being depleted which does raise the question about water source will eventually be used to replace it. The Estancia Valley beginning about 35 miles east of Albuquerque sits on top of a vast underground lake. When settlers first started using that water, a windmill would pump now. Now they have to go deeper and use mechanical pumps so presumably that water source will run out eventually too.

But conversely, even though we were in prolonged drought, our pump in our well in the east mountains in the 1990's was deep (almost 400 feet) and we had it tested each year for pollutants and also for the water level. Each of the 14 years we were out there, the well actually gained a few inches, and there were a lot of us using that aquifer. So go figure.

Interesting aquifer you have there.

NMT Community Archive: Pumping test interpretations in the Estancia Valley, Torrance County, New Mexico

Title: Pumping test interpretations in the Estancia Valley, Torrance County, New Mexico
Authors: Guerra, Ruben M.
Issue Date: 17-Aug-2009
Abstract: This paper presents the analysis of six pumping tests per formed on five wells in the Estancia Valley, Torrance County, New Mexico. Well driller's logs and geophysical well logs were used in the interpretation. Two aquifer systems separated by a non-uniform clay bed, were identified. The aquifers appear to be partially confined, however enough data were not available to confirm this conclusion. Three wells are partially penetrating in the deeper aquifer and two partially penetrated only the shallow aquifer. For the shallow aquifer values of transmissivity of 12,000 gal./day/ft. and storativity of 1.36 x 10-4 were computed. As for the deep aquifer system, a transmissivity value of 6,000 gal./day/ft. was obtained taking into account well development and sanding up that took place during the pumping tests.
URI: NMT Community Archive: Pumping test interpretations in the Estancia Valley, Torrance County, New Mexico
Appears in Collections: Independent Studies

Except that you drew an erroneous conclusion--you do that a lot don't you? Our well was in neither the Estancia Valley nor Torrance County.

Yes old fraud suffers from premature ejaculation frequently...

Interesting Westwall. I am sure no expert on this stuff. Are you a geologist?

Aquifers are simply mysterious sources of water to me though I am generally intrigued by all Earth sciences. I do know that the huge Ogallala Aquifer in the US is slowly being depleted which does raise the question about water source will eventually be used to replace it. The Estancia Valley beginning about 35 miles east of Albuquerque sits on top of a vast underground lake. When settlers first started using that water, a windmill would pump now. Now they have to go deeper and use mechanical pumps so presumably that water source will run out eventually too.

But conversely, even though we were in prolonged drought, our pump in our well in the east mountains in the 1990's was deep (almost 400 feet) and we had it tested each year for pollutants and also for the water level. Each of the 14 years we were out there, the well actually gained a few inches, and there were a lot of us using that aquifer. So go figure.

Hi Foxfyre,

Yes I am a geologist. Aquifer depletion is a problem the world over. Your particular case sounds like you are feeding from a "Perched Water Table" which can recharge a little faster than normal aquifers as they are much smaller in extent and have a larger area to recharge from relative to their size (in general).

And I am Napoleon. :lol:Walleyes, your one pathetic lying son of a bitch. You have flaunted a massive ignorance of the most basic geology repeatedly on this board.

What you are is a pathological liar.

Please provide the class with an example then if you please.

I have the same reaction to sink holes as I do to the Obama and Democratic Party control of the country. Of course.. they are far more frequent with Obama and the Dems. .. almost daily

just saying...:eusa_eh:

LOL. We put up with Bushie baby for eight years, you get to put up with President Obama for eight years. And if the Teabaggers continue to have influence in the Republican Party, another Democrat for four to eight years after that.:lol:

..Gads .. you're an optimist....

My vision is of you leaning over the bow of the ship delightfully yelling, "I'm the King of the World" while the rest of the Democrats are loading into the last of the lifeboats (on the port side).. abandoning ship....:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back