2011 Ruger 10-22 Stainless

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Some time ago I asked the owner at the pawn shop that if he got in a stainless 10-22 to put it back for me and he came through this morning. I gave him $150.00 for it.

22 001 (2).JPG

Nothing special other than the Tech Sights. The previous owner also installed a target hammer and enhanced bolt release.
I did grind the mag release lever down to a nubbin and ordered a set of stainless sling swivels.

If it shoots good I'll leave it be. It will make for a good knock about rifle down on the river.

I thunked about buying a new plinker and a $350 scope and sighting it in to 500 yards.

Never got around to it though.

Some time ago I asked the owner at the pawn shop that if he got in a stainless 10-22 to put it back for me and he came through this morning. I gave him $150.00 for it.

View attachment 785078

Nothing special other than the Tech Sights. The previous owner also installed a target hammer and enhanced bolt release.
I did grind the mag release lever down to a nubbin and ordered a set of stainless sling swivels.

If it shoots good I'll leave it be. It will make for a good knock about rifle down on the river.

I have had two of those since they first came out. One of the greatest firearms ever designed.

I have had two of those since they first came out. One of the greatest firearms ever designed.
The only stainless one I had before it was a Mannlicher stocked (walnut) example back in the early 90s....Worst shooting 10-22 I ever owned so I sorta shied away from them since. It was sure pretty though. ;)

This one shoots just fine though.

The only stainless one I had before it was a Mannlicher stocked (walnut) example back in the early 90s....Worst shooting 10-22 I ever owned so I sorta shied away from them since. It was sure pretty though. ;)

This one shoots just fine though.

Mannlicher stocks, and 10/22's, don't mix. I have 6 of them in different configurations, one is a folding survival rifle in my plane, one is set up with a Gemtech suppressor, one is a heavy bull barrel target rifle, one is my still bog standard pinker I bought 50 or 55 years ago, one is my daughters, and one is my wife's. Both configured for how they like them.

Mannlicher stocks, and 10/22's, don't mix. I have 6 of them in different configurations, one is a folding survival rifle in my plane, one is set up with a Gemtech suppressor, one is a heavy bull barrel target rifle, one is my still bog standard pinker I bought 50 or 55 years ago, one is my daughters, and one is my wife's. Both configured for how they like them.
LOL....10-22 and "target rifle" are two words that should never go together. :laughing0301:

My folder is made from a old Federal Ordnance 3-legged underfolder that I hogged-out to free-float a .920 carbon fiber barrel. It's ugly but works well.

u 001 (3).JPG

LOL....10-22 and "target rifle" are two words that should never go together. :laughing0301:

My folder is made from a old Federal Ordnance 3-legged underfolder that I hogged-out to free-float a .920 carbon fiber barrel. It's ugly but works well.

View attachment 793774

Ohhhh, you're wrong there. I will happily engage in precision work all the way out to 300 yards with mine. 400 yards if there is no wind.

Come out here and we will have a nice time showing you what REAL long range shooting is. We have a range we set up in the Black Rock desert that goes out to a maximum of 3,500 yards. But we have lots of intermediate ranges in between!

Come out here and we will have a nice time showing you what REAL long range shooting is. We have a range we set up in the Black Rock desert that goes out to a maximum of 3,500 yards. But we have lots of intermediate ranges in between!
Sorry, but your credibility is gone with your 400 yard 10-22 story.

Sorry, but your credibility is gone with your 400 yard 10-22 story.

I suggest you try it, if you are a decent shot that is. You might be surprised that there are a LOT of us who love pushing the envelope on these little gems.

View attachment 785078

What glass are you putting on it?

Anything over 150 yds, I go with .30 cal.

If it is serious work, I agree. Hell, I use a .50 BMG for ranges over 1500 yards. But out to around 1200 yards my Steyr SSG PII is very good so long as I use the Federal Premium Match with the 175 grain projectiles.

What glass are you putting on it?
None, I set it up with Tech Sights. They shoot well for me for it's intended purpose.

I did add a sling and a stock pouch for spare ammo.

s 002 (3).JPG

Instead of extra mags I opted for 100 rounds of ammo instead. I took a old Soviet Mosin tool bag and added snaps. It holds the 100 rounds, slips inside the pouch and it's a lot thinner.

The stock pouches are nice once you remove the extra shell holders. Cheaply priced too. I have them on several rifles.

Forum List

Back