Tokerev USA TBP 12-Ga. "Tacti-Cool" Bullpup Shotgun

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
As I'm a sucker for strange and unusual of the gun world, bullpups in particular so I picked up a Tokerev USA TBP 12-Ga. Bullpup Shotgun this morning. It's made in Turkey.

$302.00 OTD including a spare mag.....It only comes with one.....Mags are made of steel and spares are not that expensive.

It came as shown with sights, three choke tubes and wrench, and a heavy load friction ring.

I'm impressed with the build, hard chromed bore/chamber/carrier/bolt-face. Very smooth. AR type controls. The trigger while a bit heavy (5#) is metal as is the trigger assembly.

t 001 (2).JPG

I cleaned it, installed the IC choke tube and took it down to my range for testing with heavy-loaded S&B 00 Buck. Oh, I also installed the heavy load friction ring....The S&Bs are no joke.

Testing went off without a hitch. Recoil with the heavy ring installed was about like a Rem. 1100. Very manageable.

I was satisfied with the function but I wanted to make some changes.

t 002 (2).JPG

The sights were OK but I opted for metal sights as the OEM ones are plastic....I think I might go with Daniel Defense fixed sights as it will make more sense on a shotgun.

R.8d30d117573b533ce8bfa9727b381e02

It was in need of a pad for the cheek area. They make a adjustable cheek rest for it but I already had one that would do what I wanted it to do.

I also put pads on the lower fore-grip area and a hand-stop/sling loop.....I stuck a SKS sling on it but will refine that later.

Tokarev TBP: Tacti-Cool Or Tacti-Trash? :: Guns.com

As I'm a sucker for strange and unusual of the gun world, bullpups in particular so I picked up a Tokerev USA TBP 12-Ga. Bullpup Shotgun this morning. It's made in Turkey.

$302.00 OTD including a spare mag.....It only comes with one.....Mags are made of steel and spares are not that expensive.

It came as shown with sights, three choke tubes and wrench, and a heavy load friction ring.

I'm impressed with the build, hard chromed bore/chamber/carrier/bolt-face. Very smooth. AR type controls. The trigger while a bit heavy (5#) is metal as is the trigger assembly.

View attachment 859675
I cleaned it, installed the IC choke tube and took it down to my range for testing with heavy-loaded S&B 00 Buck. Oh, I also installed the heavy load friction ring....The S&Bs are no joke.

Testing went off without a hitch. Recoil with the heavy ring installed was about like a Rem. 1100. Very manageable.

I was satisfied with the function but I wanted to make some changes.

View attachment 859677

The sights were OK but I opted for metal sights as the OEM ones are plastic....I think I might go with Daniel Defense fixed sights as it will make more sense on a shotgun.

R.8d30d117573b533ce8bfa9727b381e02

It was in need of a pad for the cheek area. They make a adjustable cheek rest for it but I already had one that would do what I wanted it to do.

I also put pads on the lower fore-grip area and a hand-stop/sling loop.....I stuck a SKS sling on it but will refine that later.

Tokarev TBP: Tacti-Cool Or Tacti-Trash? :: Guns.com
How close to your face do the shells eject? I was looking at an AR-style shotgun earlier. I would think with a gas system similar to an AR it would mitigate some recoil. Is that gas or blowback?

Please don't laugh, but my original plan was to get 2 semiauto 20 gauges and 1-hand 'em.

Thx. That's kinda what it looks like with that cheek piece so close to the ejection port.
It could be worse.....I had a High Standard Model 10 bullpup 12 ga shotgun that my dad's PD sold-off back in the day.....They were only sold to PDs and nobody liked them much.

It just flat punished you.....Not for lefties either. ;)

There is a warning on the right side of the shotgun reading "CAUTION - DO NOT SHOOT FROM LEFT SHOULDER." It would eject shells into the next county!

One thing it had that other manufacturers could learn from was it had a molded semi-soft plastic shield on the receiver that took some of the teeth rattling recoil away.

R.a5fdd050c4c35a73b89883ba0cb9469a

It could be worse.....I had a High Standard Model 10 bullpup 12 ga shotgun that my dad's PD sold-off back in the day.....They were only sold to PDs and nobody liked them much.

It just flat punished you.....Not for lefties either. ;)

There is a warning on the right side of the shotgun reading "CAUTION - DO NOT SHOOT FROM LEFT SHOULDER." It would eject shells into the next county!

One thing it had that other manufacturers could learn from was it had a molded semi-soft plastic shield on the receiver that took some of the teeth rattling recoil away.

R.a5fdd050c4c35a73b89883ba0cb9469a
Last time I shot a 12 gauge, it was a cheap Turkish thing with no recoil pad.

It felt like my teeth were going to break. Not a pleasurale experience.

That looks like a gun for masochists.

Forum List

Back