2010 Census all good news for GOP, another nail in the coffin for Dems.......

WASHINGTON (AP) - The 2010 census report coming out Tuesday will include a boatload of good political news for Republicans and grim data for Democrats hoping to re-elect President Barack Obama and rebound from last month's devastating elections.

The population continues to shift from Democratic-leaning Rust Belt states to Republican-leaning Sun Belt states, a trend the Census Bureau will detail in its once-a-decade report to the president. Political clout shifts, too, because the nation must reapportion the 435 House districts to make them roughly equal in population, based on the latest census figures.

The biggest gainer will be Texas, a GOP-dominated state expected to gain up to four new House seats, for a total of 36. The chief losers - New York and Ohio, each projected by nongovernment analysts to lose two seats - were carried by Obama in 2008 and are typical of states in the Northeast and Midwest that are declining in political influence.

Democrats' problems don't end there...

My Way News - New population count may complicate Obama 2012 bid

Oh really ..

I wonder if anyone here is aware of the changing demographics in America .. changing from a majority white population to a majority non-white population.

Conservatism is almost completely dependent on white people .. as is the Republican Party.

Time is not on your side.

And the latino vote they keep trying to kill for themselves with their racism will give them a fit or two in the future

Oh really ..

I wonder if anyone here is aware of the changing demographics in America .. changing from a majority white population to a majority non-white population.

Conservatism is almost completely dependent on white people .. as is the Republican Party.

Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in the nation and there is no evidence whatsoever that they are or will flock towards the Democratic Party with the same herd mentality that blacks do. In fact George Bush won 44% of the Hispanic vote in 2004. In this past election, the Republicans went from a bare majority in the Texas state legislature to a super majority. The GOP picked up two Congressional seats in Arizona, one in New Mexico, one in Nevada, and won the governorships in all four states. These are all states with large Hispanic populations.

If you are ignorant and bigoted enough to think that people are going to decide which party to vote for based on their personal ethnicity then you're the one running against time.

Didn't the dems have "figures" that alledgedly were showing that the republicans were going to be "extinct" within the next decade back in 06 and 08?

Seriously when are people going to figure out that neither party will ever be "extinct" as long as Americans keep voting for the same old bullshit.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The 2010 census report coming out Tuesday will include a boatload of good political news for Republicans and grim data for Democrats hoping to re-elect President Barack Obama and rebound from last month's devastating elections.

The population continues to shift from Democratic-leaning Rust Belt states to Republican-leaning Sun Belt states, a trend the Census Bureau will detail in its once-a-decade report to the president. Political clout shifts, too, because the nation must reapportion the 435 House districts to make them roughly equal in population, based on the latest census figures.

The biggest gainer will be Texas, a GOP-dominated state expected to gain up to four new House seats, for a total of 36. The chief losers - New York and Ohio, each projected by nongovernment analysts to lose two seats - were carried by Obama in 2008 and are typical of states in the Northeast and Midwest that are declining in political influence.

Oh really ..

Politically this means absolutely nothing. The general dynamics of our political system will remain the same simply because many groups that are currently minority racial groups generally don't vote in the same amount of numbers as do whites.

This country is 13% African American. There's not one African American in the US Senate. It shows how completely disengaged many groups are from the political system even after the election of the first African American POTUS.

I'm from Mississippi which is a PRIME example of exactly what I'm talking about. The state is more or less 40% African American and has the highest percentage of African Americans. It's a solidly red state. The racial make-up of the electorate means, just about nothing.

Oh really ..

So instead of seeing the math and facts and thinking; hmm maybe we should change with the times and come more to the center.

You're gonna hold dear to racism?

do you have any idea how insulting that is? to people of all minorities? Any at all? You assume people that aren't white will vote for the dems, b/c they got's ther baks?

The shame of it is, you won't let race stop being an issue. this issue could have died out long ago, or at least be in it's death throws.

Many State Governments went GOP this time around and this Census news will only help solidify those gains. If you live in a Red State,you're probably doing ok. But if you live in a Blue State,you're probably suffering. I'm very happy & relieved i live in a Red State. The Democrats and their Blue States can keep their Third World Misery.

Oh really ..

Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in the nation and there is no evidence whatsoever that they are or will flock towards the Democratic Party with the same herd mentality that blacks do. In fact George Bush won 44% of the Hispanic vote in 2004. In this past election, the Republicans went from a bare majority in the Texas state legislature to a super majority. The GOP picked up two Congressional seats in Arizona, one in New Mexico, one in Nevada, and won the governorships in all four states. These are all states with large Hispanic populations.

If you are ignorant and bigoted enough to think that people are going to decide which party to vote for based on their personal ethnicity then you're the one running against time.

The ignorant would be you ..

GOP strategists worry about future of Hispanic vote

WASHINGTON -- As jubilant Republicans prepare to take control of the U.S. House and increase their clout in the U.S. Senate next month, some GOP political consultants are urging them not to ignore the lessons of their biggest failure: California.

While Republicans swept into congressional offices and governors' mansions across the nation, the Golden State elected two liberal Democrats to their top statewide offices, returning U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer to the Senate and electing Attorney General Jerry Brown governor despite early predictions that Republicans would win both seats.

Those results, GOP strategists say, can be tied directly to the alienation of Hispanic voters turned off by years of tough rhetoric on immigration by California Republicans. And unless Republicans in Washington heed the warning and tone down the way they debate immigration policy, this year's GOP successes could be short-lived, strategists say.

"I really think that California serves as a very important case study in what happens when Republicans alienate Latinos with aggressive rhetoric," said Adam Mendelsohn, a Republican strategist and former deputy chief of staff for Republican California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. "We lost every statewide election because we lost Latino voters. We are now getting larger and larger Latino populations outside the West in states like Iowa and North Carolina and Louisiana. And Republicans have to be aware of the cost of harsh rhetoric."

more at link
GOP strategists worry about future of Hispanic vote | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal

Latino Voters Stay with Democrats

Latino Decisions conducted exit polling of Hispanic voters in eight swing states, all but two of them in the west.

In Nevada for example, the poll estimated that 90 percent of Hispanics voted for Democrat Harry S. Reid, the Senate majority leader, who was under a strong challenge from Republican assemblywoman Sharron Angle. Since Hispanics make up approximately 12 percent of the Nevada electorate, Latino Decision’s Segura argues that Latino support may have made the difference for Reid, who in the end beat Angle by a modest five points.

Hispanics helped ward off an even more serious threat for Democrats in Colorado, where Senator Michael Bennet was in a neck-and-neck race with Republican Ken Buck. Latino Decisions estimates that 82 percent of Hispanics supported Bennet, who eventually held on to his seat by a narrow 1 point margin. Latinos make up approximate 10 percent of voters in Colorado.

Hispanic solidarity appears to have cut in the Republican direction as well. In Florida, Republican Marco Rubio cruised to a 20 point Senate victory, with an estimated 72 percent of the Latino vote. Florida’s Latinos are predominantly of Cuban origin, like Rubio, who is known for a conservative stance on immigration. Among Florida Hispanics who are not of Cuban heritage, however, Rubio received only 40 percent of the vote, according to Latino Decisions.

In other races in which Hispanic Republicans were on the ballot, Latinos ignored ethnic solidarity to favor Democrats outright. In New Mexico’s governor’s race, where more than 60 percent of Latino voters are registered as Democrats, the Latino Decision poll estimates that only 38 percent of Latino voters sided with Republican Susana Martinez, the conservative district attorney who became the first Hispanic woman to run that state.

More at link
Latino Voters Stay with Democrats | Local Brooklyn News and Features | The Brooklyn Ink

Republican Reliance on White Voters Holds Risks: Henry Olsen

"The party didn’t win this election because of any enthusiasm gap between their backers and Democratic supporters, as had been long predicted. In 2008, 38 percent of voters were Democrats, 36 percent Republicans and 26 percent independents. This year, each party held 36 percent of the electorate and independents comprised 28 percent, according to preliminary exit poll data.

The election results were instead due to a massive swing among independents, particularly those in rural and exurban counties. Exit polls showed that independents favored Republicans by 16 points, a turnabout from 2008 when they favored Democrats by about the same margin.

Exit polls identified the primary source of the landslide: white working-class voters. This group, defined as whites who aren’t college graduates, has voted Republican in presidential contests but often split tickets to elect Democratic congressmen. This time they supported Republicans for Congress by a record 29 points, more than for any of the party’s recent presidential nominees."

"Republicans will need every one of those votes because other, worrisome trends in the electorate continued this year. Polls showed that, even with the depth of the recession, Republicans captured only about 10 percent of blacks’ support and a third of Hispanics’, no better than in other years.

The Latino share of the electorate reached 8 percent, a record high for a mid-term election, while black turnout dropped from its high of 13 percent in 2008 to its historic 10 percent level this year. If Latinos continue to grow as a group, and blacks turn out in droves again to re-elect Obama, the Republican nominee in 2012 will be hard-pressed to win without retaining the record share of white working-class voters the party garnered this week.

Educated Voters

Republican weakness among educated residents of cities and inner suburbs also continued this year. The party gained least among holders of post-graduate degrees, who now comprise 20 percent of the electorate. Even in high-income suburbs rocked by the recession, such as California’s Silicon Valley, Democrats retained their massive majorities. "
Republican Reliance on White Voters Holds Risks: Henry Olsen - Bloomberg

Henry Olsen is a vice president of the American Enterprise Institute in Washington.

If you don't know any of this .. it's because you're ignorant.

If you think black voters should be voting for a party they have nothing in common with .. it's because you're ignorant.

You know, with as many times as both the Democrats and Republicans have had "another nail in the coffin" the only clear conclusion someone can draw is that both Democrats and Republicans are undead creatures of the night who live to suck our lives dry.

Oh really ..

So instead of seeing the math and facts and thinking; hmm maybe we should change with the times and come more to the center.

do you have any idea how insulting that is? to people of all minorities? Any at all? You assume people that aren't white will vote for the dems, b/c they got's ther baks?

The shame of it is, you won't let race stop being an issue. this issue could have died out long ago, or at least be in it's death throws.

Are you sure you're qualified to tell me what is insulting to minorities? I don't believe you are.

Am I supposed to pretend blindness and pretend that I don't see that republicans and teabaggers are almost white only?

Racism .. Is that what you call REPUBLICANS who say the exact same thing I have about evolving demographics in America?

The math I see doesn't tell me the same lies your math tells you.

Racism could have died out long go is perhaps THE most ignorant comment I've read ever. If only non-white people had stopped complaining about the racism they endured .. it would have gone away.

REAL stupid.

In a Two-Party System,neither Party is ever really Dead. This latest Census news does help the Republicans though. It gives Red States more power now. So Red States are rising while Blue States are falling. That doesn't mean the Democrats are dead though. We do live in Zombie Land.

Oh really ..

Are you sure you're qualified to tell me what is insulting to minorities? I don't believe you are.

Am I supposed to pretend blindness and pretend that I don't see that republicans and teabaggers are almost white only?

Racism .. Is that what you call REPUBLICANS who say the exact same thing I have about evolving demographics in America?

Racism could have died out long go is perhaps THE most ignorant comment I've read ever. If only non-white people had stopped complaining about the racism they endured .. it would have gone away.

REAL stupid.

So you are cherry picking facts that have nothing to do with the OP, then you change what I say so you can call me stupid.

that's funny. It just reminds me that facts are painfull things to liberals. The numbers don't lie. The story comes from the Census.

dems have help black Americans in the chains of welfare and fear for far to long. I'm gonna assume you're black (your name kinda gives it away), so you should know better than most how few people actually get off welfare, especially if they are born on it.

And you're here defending them, keeping you're brothers in chains, denouncing conservatives that want to let them run free to succeed or fail on thier own.

You know, with as many times as both the Democrats and Republicans have had "another nail in the coffin" the only clear conclusion someone can draw is that both Democrats and Republicans are undead creatures of the night who live to suck our lives dry.
QFT
Plus the American voter is on to their crap. The Ds this past election managed the cute trick of losing to a party with higher negatives than their own. The fact is that the Reagan tax cuts were a reincarnation of Mellon's tax cuts of the 1920s, which may have been a replay of even earlier tax cuts. Because of population and demographic shifts the Ds are losing big time but as soon as a saner and more stable coalition takes their place the GOP will have similar problems.

Oh really ..

REAL stupid.

Yeah if them darkies had just stayed at the back of the bus we'd have never had racism in this country to begin with. Same thing for women, if they had stayed barefoot and in the kitchen we wouldn't have so much competition in the workforce. And don't get me started on all them factory jobs those kiddos lost out on because of them damn progressive and socialist......

So northern Democrats are moving to the Republican strongholds in the south and the Republicans tell you it's good for them? Are they just fucking with you or what?

REAL stupid.

So you are cherry picking facts that have nothing to do with the OP, then you change what I say so you can call me stupid.

that's funny. It just reminds me that facts are painfull things to liberals. The numbers don't lie. The story comes from the Census.

dems have help black Americans in the chains of welfare and fear for far to long. I'm gonna assume you're black (your name kinda gives it away), so you should know better than most how few people actually get off welfare, especially if they are born on it.

And you're here defending them, keeping you're brothers in chains, denouncing conservatives that want to let them run free to succeed or fail on thier own.

I'm not a democrat, didn't vote for Obama .. however, it doesn't take being a democrat to recognize that the right and non-white Americans have nothing in common. NOTHING whatsoever.

I'm not slightly interested in discussing politics with someone who believes blacks can't decide for themselves who and what is in their best interests .. and frankly, that thought is one of the many reasons why we do not support what you believe or who you support.

The good news is that your approval is not required.

This thread is about what the census reveals .. which is exactly what I'm talking about. The census reveals that time is not on your side.

... you don't like that so you don't want it said or discussed.

I understand. :lol:

REAL stupid.

Yeah if them darkies had just stayed at the back of the bus we'd have never had racism in this country to begin with. Same thing for women, if they had stayed barefoot and in the kitchen we wouldn't have so much competition in the workforce. And don't get me started on all them factory jobs those kiddos lost out on because of them damn progressive and socialist......

:lol:

Kinda' sums it up quite neatly.

REAL stupid.

I love being accused of lies that I have never said or thought in my life.

Not only am I a racist (my wife and 1/2 Puerto Rican kids would laugh at you), I'm a sexist (my wife would laugh, as she makes more than me), but I'm also a child abuser.

hmm

Seems the IQ level dropped to 10.

I love being accused of lies that I have never said or thought in my life.

Not only am I a racist (my wife and 1/2 Puerto Rican kids would laugh at you), I'm a sexist (my wife would laugh, as she makes more than me), but I'm also a child abuser.

hmm

Seems the IQ level dropped to 10.

Feeling guilty?

I see nowhere in that conversation where you were personally accused of anything.

The suggestion that not talking about racism makes it go away doesn't make you necessarily a racist, but it most certainly makes you clueless.

Forum List

Back