2010 Census all good news for GOP, another nail in the coffin for Dems.......

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
The 2010 census report coming out Tuesday will include a boatload of good political news for Republicans and grim data for Democrats hoping to re-elect President Barack Obama and rebound from last month's devastating elections.

The population continues to shift from Democratic-leaning Rust Belt states to Republican-leaning Sun Belt states, a trend the Census Bureau will detail in its once-a-decade report to the president. Political clout shifts, too, because the nation must reapportion the 435 House districts to make them roughly equal in population, based on the latest census figures.

The biggest gainer will be Texas, a GOP-dominated state expected to gain up to four new House seats, for a total of 36. The chief losers — New York and Ohio, each projected by nongovernment analysts to lose two seats — were carried by Obama in 2008 and are typical of states in the Northeast and Midwest that are declining in political influence.

Democrats' problems don't end there.

November's elections put Republicans in control of dozens of state legislatures and governorships, just as states prepare to redraw their congressional and legislative district maps. It's often a brutally partisan process, and Republicans' control in those states will enable them to create new districts to their liking.

The combination of population shifts and the recent election results could make Obama's re-election campaign more difficult. Each House seat represents an electoral vote in the presidential election process, giving more weight to states Obama probably will lose in 2012. The states he carried in 2008 are projected to lose, on balance, six electoral votes to states that his GOP challenger, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, won. That sets a higher bar for Obama before his re-election campaign even starts.

New population count may complicate Obama 2012 bid - Yahoo! News

Maybe, maybe not.

A number of forces are pushing the U.S. toward a "majority minority" future. The median age of the white population is older than that of nonwhites, and thus a larger share of minority women are in prime child-bearing years. In addition, white women are having fewer children than nonwhites, while the growth in mixed marriages has led to more multiracial births.

U.S. Moves Toward 'Majority Minority' - WSJ.com

Because certain areas of the US are growing in population, doesn't mean they will become Republican.

Remember what Republicans have said about, "Gays, Hispanics, Muslims, blacks, feminists, atheists and many others over the last couple of years. Some people have long memories.

The Republican Party is 90% white. Lack of diversity doesn't represent the US. Not anymore.

Maybe, maybe not.

A number of forces are pushing the U.S. toward a "majority minority" future. The median age of the white population is older than that of nonwhites, and thus a larger share of minority women are in prime child-bearing years. In addition, white women are having fewer children than nonwhites, while the growth in mixed marriages has led to more multiracial births.

Because certain areas of the US are growing in population, doesn't mean they will become Republican.

Remember what Republicans have said about, "Gays, Hispanics, Muslims, blacks, feminists, atheists and many others over the last couple of years. Some people have long memories.

The Republican Party is 90% white. Lack of diversity doesn't represent the US. Not anymore.

Just cannot help yourself, can you deany?

rdean wrote:

And? What makes you think they'll be another generation of mindlessly obedient, lockstep, lefty Jackasses? I'm living proof of the dawn of freer political/ideological thinking in minority communities.

They already ARE, just becoming MORE so.
Indeed I do, "WE WANNA HELP YOU" We're the party of Lincoln bitch, we were founded of minority civil rights, and will continue to crusade to bring them home, and give them shots @ REAL futures.

BS, in addition to what I just said, we have elected an excellent bunch of male and female Hispanics and blacks this year that will help us spread our message.

I'm hardly the only Republican like me, and we're gonna break this Jackass chokehold....

Last edited:
This was always a known quantity. It's baked into the 2012 election since before the 2008 election and everyone knew it. The net change is about 6 electoral votes to the GOP's side of the ledger based on the last elections results.

Head count is one thing the census has it also reports on increase in poverty level people, etc that will not look good for Republicans.

rdean wrote:

And? What makes you think they'll be another generation of mindlessly obedient, lockstep, lefty Jackasses? I'm living proof of the dawn of freer political/ideological thinking in minority communities.

Indeed I do, "WE WANNA HELP YOU" We're the party of Lincoln bitch, we were founded of minority civil rights, and will continue to crusade to bring them home, and give them shots @ REAL futures.

BS, in addition to what I just said, we have elected an excellent bunch of male and female Hispanics and blacks this year that will help us spread our message.

I'm hardly the only Republican like me, and we're gonna break this Jackass chokehold....

Oh man, you are hilarious. The left is so diverse, they vote in "lockstep". Unlike the Confederate Right Wing Conservative Republican Party. The party that set filibuster records every year for the last four.

Maybe, maybe not.

If those groups remember what Conservatives have said about them, they shouldn't have any problem supporting Conservatives.

If they only remember what partisan hack Liberals say that Republicans have said about them, that could be a different matter.

The thing about Liberals is that they just can't stand to let everyone do what what they want to do. The Thing about Conservatives is that they just can't stand to have all of the nosey, bussy body, buttinskis sticking their noses into our business.

Maybe if you were less concerned about what you wish it was that I believed to fuel your holier than thou campaign of hate against enemies that only exist in Unicornville, then you would start working on real solutions instead of just imagining enemies with a belief system that you wish they had.

Living in a dream world doesn't solve real problems in the real world.

Last edited:
rdean wrote:

Oh man, you are hilarious. The left is so diverse, they vote in "lockstep". Unlike the Confederate Right Wing Conservative Republican Party. The party that set filibuster records every year for the last four.

Typical BS, hypocrite talking points from a sheep, from the party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, Robert Byrd, and on....and on........

Yall can't keep pulling the wool over their eyes forever, time is running out.......

Maybe, maybe not.

If those groups remember what Conservatives have said about them, they shouldn't have any problem supporting Conservatives.

If they only remember what partisan hack Liberals say that Republicans have said about them, that could be a different matter.

The thing about Liberals is that they just can't stand to let everyone do what what they want to do. The Thing about Conservatives is that they just can't stand to have all of the nosey, bussy body, buttinskis sticking their noses into our business.

Maybe if you were less concerned about what you wish it was that I believed to fuel your holier than thou campaign of hate against enemies that only exist in Unicornville, then you would start working on real solutions instead of just imagining enemies with a belief system that you wish they had.

Believe me, those groups remember what Conservatives and Republicans said about them. What Conservatives said about Muslims. About Hispanics. They remember that in the Republican State Party Platform for Texas, Republicans want to make gays criminals and gay marriage a felony. They remember "Confederate Day" in the deep south.

Oh they remember. In fact, many will NEVER forget.

Maybe, maybe not.

Believe me, those groups remember what Conservatives and Republicans said about them. What Conservatives said about Muslims. About Hispanics. They remember that in the Republican State Party Platform for Texas, Republicans want to make gays criminals and gay marriage a felony. They remember "Confederate Day" in the deep south.

Oh they remember. In fact, many will NEVER forget.

PARSE THOSE GROUPS deany!:lol:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The 2010 census report coming out Tuesday will include a boatload of good political news for Republicans and grim data for Democrats hoping to re-elect President Barack Obama and rebound from last month's devastating elections.

The population continues to shift from Democratic-leaning Rust Belt states to Republican-leaning Sun Belt states, a trend the Census Bureau will detail in its once-a-decade report to the president. Political clout shifts, too, because the nation must reapportion the 435 House districts to make them roughly equal in population, based on the latest census figures.

The biggest gainer will be Texas, a GOP-dominated state expected to gain up to four new House seats, for a total of 36. The chief losers - New York and Ohio, each projected by nongovernment analysts to lose two seats - were carried by Obama in 2008 and are typical of states in the Northeast and Midwest that are declining in political influence.

Democrats' problems don't end there...

My Way News - New population count may complicate Obama 2012 bid

The dems still have ACORN (or its new names) and the Black Panthers to block polls, and all the illegals to get voting. All we have is the TEA Party. Then again, that worked well last November.

What problem???

Forum List

Back