2001 A Space Odyssey Is Now 50 Years Old

I do not want to go to another planet.

I want to send the Democrats to another planet.

Part of the reason of the OP is to highlight how much technology has slowed down. Yeah we all have cell phones. And we use them to stare at funny cat videos.
Technology has not slowed. We easily have the technology to build space stations, out men on Mars, etc. We just don't have the will.
Nope.

50% of all unmanned probes to Mars result in failure.

Technology is little different than it was 50 years ago. It may be smaller and cheaper, but it is still the same technology.

My grandmother grew up in the age when you had to use a horse or a steam locomotive for transportation. She also saw man drive a horseless carriage, then fly then walk on the moon.

There are no game changers with technology, it's all about entertainment with what little we have.
Not sure what you are getting at there, but we do have the technology to put a man on Mars.
The controls for a manned mission vs a probe are not even in The same ballpark. Bad comparison.
Same with the tech now vs 50 years ago. Not sure what you're thinking there.
Let’s be honest, why do any of us care about getting off this planet? Anyone born today would be dead long before they themselves could ever get to another habitable planet. So why do we care? Because we want to see humans continue to live long after the earth becomes uninhabitable. Otherwise screw it why bother?

I’m more interested in planting life on other inhabitable planets. Not humans but life. Simple single cell life. Evolution will take care of the rest. If humans evolve again great but the next time it might remain dinosaurs.

We can make cellphone size spaceships that fly on solar wind. They go real fast. We could send thousands of the, out to the best possible planets and hope they seed on the right planet or don’t get destroyed along the way.
a lot of ifs for a lot of $$$$ = wasted $$$$
.....space is an ''unkown''--the last frontier --just like America's frontiers and world exploration before that ...of course then, part of the reason for exploration was $$$$$
..some humans just want to ''explore''.....some [ a lot ] want to get away from civilization--for many reasons
I think it would be cool to know some other planets were habitable but no life was there to take hold and we actually planted a seed that would lead to life on another planet. We don’t know how life started here. It could have come from life that was once on mars. Wouldn’t you like to know? Then you aren’t human.

Plus these little cellphone spaceships are cheap. We could sends thousands of them out and they might also one day be picked up by other space travelers

I say we should create a planet size spaceship from the meteobelt. Put Europa in it and have a second planet in case a meteor wipes out earth.

Star Trek the original series was much more innovative. The movie 2001 is a very dated film. I remember seeing it when it first came out and was mildly entertained.

Star Trek the original series was much more innovative. The movie 2001 is a very dated film. I remember seeing it when it first came out and was mildly entertained.
It was supposed to be this CLASSIC full of deep symbolism and stuff. I never understood the baby part at the end at all.
Very confusing movie.

No question it will be democrats who go. You cons don’t even believe in science or nafta.

Of course not. I mean, men can turn into women? Not a chance. Greenland underwater by now? Please.
I meant science and NASA. You guys won’t go to space because you don’t believe in science or NASA.

That means the humans who survive planet earth will be all liberals.

No question it will be democrats who go. You cons don’t even believe in science or nafta.

Of course not. I mean, men can turn into women? Not a chance. Greenland underwater by now? Please.
I meant science and NASA. You guys won’t go to space because you don’t believe in science or NASA.

You're very weird. I hope your error entertains you.

Remember, it was Obama who cancelled the Constellation project and turned NASA into a Muslim outreach agency.

Remember, it was Obama who cancelled the Constellation project and turned NASA into a Muslim outreach agency.
All I know is it's you conservative here on USMB who say NASA is lying about global warming. That makes you a fucking retard of the highest caliber.

So why would you dare go on a ship built by those liars?

See?

NASA is lying

Stupid

All I know is it's you conservative here on USMB who say NASA is lying about global warming. That makes you a fucking retard of the highest caliber.

Who commanded NASA at the time of the questioned report?

Who commanded NASA at the time of the questioned report?

Does NASA believe in Global warming today? Then you shouldn't volunteer to go up in their spaceshuttle.

I wish you would though

hqdefault.jpg

We put astronauts into space all the time along with satellites and pilotless shuttles..To include tourist flights...
Technically it's Russia that puts our astronauts into space.

Another Obama legacy.
^^

Maybe we will find a cure for Obama Tourettes Syndrome on Mars....

I bet this movie made conservatives lose their minds. That is if they got the message.

20011.jpg

We put astronauts into space all the time along with satellites and pilotless shuttles..To include tourist flights...

Another Obama legacy.
^^

I bet this movie made conservatives lose their minds. That is if they got the message.

20011.jpg

I was at the DC premiere in 1968. It made everyone lose their minds.

It was supposed to be this CLASSIC full of deep symbolism and stuff. I never understood the baby part at the end at all.
Very confusing movie.
Kubrick wanted to end with all Earth's nuclear weapons being set off by the aliens but decided it was too much like Dr. Strangelove. I think the star child represents the rebirth of humanity.

Another Obama legacy.
^^

20011.jpg

I was at the DC premiere in 1968. It made everyone lose their minds.
So the house lights were brought up so they could find their "brains"?

Forum List

Back