2000: Gallup has Gore +7 on October 7th

bottom line: talking about 2000 is a distraction. Obama is pulling away in 2008. He has momentum. McCain needed a game changing debate and didn't get it. All he has left now is to go negative and avoid talking about issues. This momentum keeps up and Obama brandishes some coattails, and we'll have 60 in the senate and the republican party will be officially irrelevant.:lol:

Same time in 2004 and 2000 the Democrat was up in all the LIBERAL polls also. Remind me again? Who won?

Same time in 2004 and 2000 the Democrat was up in all the LIBERAL polls also. Remind me again? Who won?
shhh, they dont want to understand that
when the polls now are all over smapling democrats, of course the democrat would be leading
watch this race tighten up as it gets closer to election day and they stop the over sampling

From the Huffington Report:

Remembering Gallup's Wacky 2000 Tracking Poll

Everyone remembers the 2000 presidential election with its excruciating post-election vote counting controversy in Florida and the Supreme Court decision that awarded the presidency to George W. Bush. But how many people remember the Gallup 2000 election tracking poll? I'm sure the Gallup folks would like us to forget it, but in light of the controversy over Gallup's recent poll for USA Today that showed a big discrepancy between registered and likely voters, it's worth recalling just how well Gallup's likely voter screen performed in the weeks leading up to the 2000 election.

Full story here

Well Gore did win if they didn't steal Florida from him. See Bush v Gore Supreme Court decision.

But don't ask Sarah Palin about it, because she only knows one Supreme Court decision and that's Roe v Wade. :lol:

when the polls now are all over smapling democrats, of course the democrat would be leading
watch this race tighten up as it gets closer to election day and they stop the over sampling

How do you know they are sampling democrats?

Well Gore did win if they didn't steal Florida from him. See Bush v Gore Supreme Court decision.

But don't ask Sarah Palin about it, because she only knows one Supreme Court decision and that's Roe v Wade. :lol:

bah-dum-bum

everyone pretty much agrees Gore won the actual election... this isnt' a good example

Actually, no, nobody agrees that he won. Particularly the tens of thousands of people the dumbass democrats couldn't produce to say they'd been "disenfranchised".

Didn't happen, it's a fiction of your imagination. Two recounts and the courts agree. So sad when attempts to steal elections fail.:eusa_boohoo:

No, it;s that it isn't true. The polls in 2004 were very tight. I posted the RCP graph earlier on another thread. It is simply wrong to say that polls showed Kerry ahead.

The allup one in this thread isn't even a good one because (1) I can't even find it on the web-link? and (2) the only article that I could find that discusses it says that it varied wildly from one day to the next, over 10 points or more, so there was obviously a problem with methodogy and this one example (7points, which I can't find on the web) is cherry picking.

Last edited:
No, it;s that it isn't true. The polls in 2004 were very tight. I posted the RCP graph earlier on another thread. It is simply wrong to say that polls showed Kerry ahead.

The allup one in this thread isn't even a good one because (1) I can't even find it on the web-link? and (2) the only article that I could find that discusses it says that it varied wildly from one day to the next, over 10 points or more, so there was obviously a problem with methodogy and this one example (7points, which I can't find on the web) is cherry picking.
:sigh:
at this time in the season Kerry was up the same as Obama is now

Wrong, Here's the graph:

2004-2.jpg

So where's your evidence, please?

Last edited:

so gallup and rasmussen are now "liberal" polls? LOL

Hey look, RGS...we only have a few more weeks and then one of us will be eating humble pie and the other one will be cramming it in the other's mouth.

bon appetit.

the article was about gallup not the avg of every -poll

But divecon went on to talk about Kerry being up at this point and I was a slave to the polls in 2004 and kerry was NOT up in the polls. They were within 2 points for the last few weeks, all of them, but if you have a link to gallup's tracking feel free to share it I can't find it to substantiate the OP.

Anyway, in response to your post see Divecon's most recent post on this thread to see why I posted the graph.

you hold on to that thought. I am sure that you feel that McCain can pull this thing out and, you know what?.... we will all know whether he did or not in less than a month!:badgrin:

But divecon went on to talk about Kerry being up at this point and I was a slave to the polls in 2004 and kerry was NOT up in the polls. They were within 2 points for the last few weeks, all of them, but if you have a link to gallup's tracking feel free to share it I can't find it to substantiate the OP.

Anyway, in response to your post see Divecon's most recent post on this thread to see why I posted the graph.
on election day kerry was up by 5 on exit polls. the ones done AFTER people vote

Forum List

Back