200,000 Syrian Refugees? NOPE, Just Another Donald Trump Lie

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Seriously, Republicans should have called this out before fact checkers did but they're so afraid of the nutzo side of the Republican party they are just plain afraid to. Even Fox news has been parroting this vapid lie and they're supposed to be fair and balanced...my ass.

“You have the migration because Syria is such a disaster. And now I hear we want to take in 200,000 Syrians, right? And they could be, listen, they could be ISIS [Islamic State of Iraq and Syria]. I don’t know.”

— Donald Trump, campaign rally, Keene, N.H., Sept, 30, 2015

“So when I heard 10,000 and 3,000, a number, you know, from one of you — I’d say all right. But now we’re talking about 200,000. Obama is getting carried away again with this whole thing about immigration. And now we hear 200,000 and it could very well be ISIS.”

— Trump, interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,”, Oct. 1

“Obama wants to — listen to this — he wants to take in 200,000. You know, 200,000. That’s like an army. Now I’m looking the other day. It’s all men. Like, where are the women? They’re very strong men. Why aren’t they back there fighting for their country?”

— Trump, campaign event in Franklin, Tenn., Oct. 3

“Now I hear we want to take in 200,000. We don’t know where they’re coming from. We don’t know who they are. They could be ISIS. It could be the great Trojan Horse…. And I’m saying we’re going to take in 200,000 people that we have no idea where they come from?”

— Trump, interview on ABC’s “This Week,” Oct. 4

Like a broken record, businessman Donald J. Trump keeps repeating a statistic with little basis in fact — that the Obama administration wants to accept 200,000 refugees from Syria.

Our colleagues at FactCheck.org and PolitiFact have already weighed in with fact checks, but given that Trump keeps saying this, we figured it was worth putting the question to the Pinocchio test.

The Facts: Trump’s repeated claim that Obama is accepting 200,000 Syrian refugees

Obama OK'd 10,000 Syrians by the end of 2017, so whatever false claim that Trump was alleging that Obama was allowing 200,000 was flat wrong and a lie. Disturbing that the modern Republican party doesn't find outrage when their own is caught cold flat out lying.

Forum List

Back