19 Facts About the American Economic Collapse.

German Jobless Rate Falls To Lowest Since April 1992 on Export-Led Demand
German Jobless Rate Falls To Lowest Since April 1992 on Export-Led Demand - Bloomberg

It says
Bonjour Frog-Eater, here we are again.

card1065889792.jpg

#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation.

why only go back to 2001? The Sucking sound of US manufacturing jobs going over sees started well before then.

Oh I know. It makes Bush look bad if you only go back to 2001.

NM

gotcha

Links?

"#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation."

wait a minute! That is a minimum of 16 million jobs!

This sounds like bullshit!

Probably just a zero was added. 4,240.

The rest sounds about right. Unless right wingers have links proving otherwise.

Just kidding.

We know that's not gonna happen.

or 50 instead of 500.

Or maybe instead of #1, it was supposed to be #2.

In any case didn't you start a thread based on an article that claimed only 2.4 million US jobs have been sent to China since 2001?

Last edited:
or 50 instead of 500.

Or maybe instead of #1, it was supposed to be #2.

In any case didn't you start a thread based on an article that claimed only 2.4 million US jobs have been sent to China since 2001?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...to-china-do-politicians-care.html#post2802746

2.4 million US jobs HAVE been sent to China from 2001 to 2008. You can't possibly deny that FACT, right? Admit it.

Worse,

a half million were moved there JUST THIS YEAR!

Tell me you know that! At least go research it.

At some point, you guys have got to join THIS reality.

But Nueb's article said that at least 5 million have been sent to China since 2001.

The data in his article sounds poorly researched.

"#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation."

-16M for -5.5M net? that isn't too far fetched, is it?

-16M for -5.5M net? that isn't too far fetched, is it?

well it is a bare minimum of 16 million.

Simple fact of the matter is that people do find employment elsewhere when the economy is rolling. Right now the economy is not rolling and 30,000,000 are out of work. Only half of them are counted by the government with all of their corrupt ways of trying to get the public to think things are "Not THAT Bad."

do you think that the government should harp on how awful the economy is and depart from its typical employment measurements to depict a harsher picture of how deep and stubborn unemployment is?

i'm personally pleased that there's an attempt by the government and the fed to improve the economy.

Something has to be done about China.

We need to reopen our "rare earths" mine.

There isn't actually a shortage of rare earth elements, and the name dates back several hundred years to an era in which there were few uses for any of them and no uses for most of them.

The problem is that China sells them so cheap that nobody can afford to mine them. I bought about 10 lbs of fully processed rare earth minerals from China a few months ago for about $100. If the ore was free and abundant the same products made in the USA would cost more than what China sells them for.

But you are right, for the sake of national security we need the Mountain Pass CA plant reopened asap and prepared for full production.

There isn't actually a shortage of rare earth elements, and the name dates back several hundred years to an era in which there were few uses for any of them and no uses for most of them.

The problem is that China sells them so cheap that nobody can afford to mine them. I bought about 10 lbs of fully processed rare earth minerals from China a few months ago for about $100. If the ore was free and abundant the same products made in the USA would cost more than what China sells them for.

But you are right, for the sake of national security we need the Mountain Pass CA plant reopened asap and prepared for full production.

High refractive index glass,
Flint
hydrogen storage
battery-electrodes
camera oxidizing agent
catalyst for self-cleaning ovens
lasers
ceramic capacitors
Nuclear batteries
x-ray tubes
computer memories
fluorescent lamps
vanadium steel
X-ray machines
high-temperature superconductors (yttrium barium copper oxide (YBCO))

The 17 elements are used to manufacture many staples of the modern world ranging from electronics, hybrid cars, solar panels and wind turbines to guided missiles.

China froze exports of rare earth minerals to Japan in retaliation for Japan’s detention a fishing trawler captain who was fishing in disputed waters (and incidentally collided with several Japanese coast guard vessels).

Obama administration digs into China’s ‘rare earth’ monopoly - SmartPlanet

There was an engineer where I work from Spain. He had to go back. His family owned a furniture making company. Seems China had been copying their designs. They found a Chinese website that was nearly an exact duplicate of theirs. Worse, China had been buying wood and selling duplicate furniture at BELOW the cost of the wood.

This is a strategy that China has employed over and over again during the last few years. Remember, it's a communist country. Their government is supporting their manufacturing. They sell below cost until they drive competitors out of business.

AND they have an enormous population of "slave labor". They only get paid a hundred bucks a month.

Slaves? Paying a hundred bucks a month? Profits at any cost.

Wait, am I talking about Republicans or Chinese?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is one of the issues with monetary vs fiscal economic policy. we are literally bankrolling china's thin-margin growth. this is not sustainable for either one of us, however, my bet is that china will falter first.

China froze exports of rare earth minerals to Japan in retaliation for Japan’s detention a fishing trawler captain who was fishing in disputed waters (and incidentally collided with several Japanese coast guard vessels).

There was an engineer where I work from Spain. He had to go back. His family owned a furniture making company. Seems China had been copying their designs. They found a Chinese website that was nearly an exact duplicate of theirs. Worse, China had been buying wood and selling duplicate furniture at BELOW the cost of the wood.

This is a strategy that China has employed over and over again during the last few years. Remember, it's a communist company. Their government is supporting their manufacturing. They sell below cost until they drive competitors out of business.

AND they have an enormous population of "slave labor". They only get paid a hundred bucks a month.

It started slow but evolved into one of the best posts I have seen on this board in days or weeks. The same tenacity with which they cling to their dollar peg will be manifest in their efforts to erect monopolies.

I have had several experiences doing business with Korean and Chinese businesspeople and they lie, cheat and steal anyway they can, because their culture rewards those who prevail. The ends justify the means, there is no business morality.

Wait, am I talking about Wall Street or the Chinese?

I can hardly believe that this once great nation is doing jack shit about their ascendancy while we mire in terminal decline as a direct result.

this is one of the issues with monetary vs fiscal economic policy. we are literally bankrolling china's thin-margin growth. this is not sustainable for either one of us, however, my bet is that china will falter first.

You keep saying that in many different ways, and yes indeed, that is what happened to Japan when they were in a similar position.

But China is NOT Japan. And China has not faltered yet. And our leadership did something about Japan (convinced them to depeg hastening their ruin) while we are not in any way doing anything about China.

If China gets enough foothold in the world's economy and develops enough military strength, they are gonna screw us like jailhouse bitches.

What everybody seems to forget is that the manufacturing giant is the one who ends up with all the new technological advantages. Manufacturing innovation and military innovation are the biggest two drivers of technological advancement.

This is a strategy that China has employed over and over again during the last few years. Remember, it's a communist company. Their government is supporting their manufacturing. They sell below cost until they drive competitors out of business.

It started slow but evolved into one of the best posts I have seen on this board in days or weeks. The same tenacity with which they cling to their dollar peg will be manifest in their efforts to erect monopolies.

I have had several experiences doing business with Korean and Chinese businesspeople and they lie, cheat and steal anyway they can, because their culture rewards those who prevail. The ends justify the means, there is no business morality.

I can hardly believe that this once great nation is doing jack shit about their ascendancy while we mire in terminal decline as a direct result.

Wall Street wants to gamble with other people's money. China doesn't want people to HAVE money. See the difference.

Remember, many Republicans want to end the minimum wage and laws protecting workers. At the same time, they want to cut corporate tax and remove restrictions on clean air and clean water as well as most regulations, if not all, protecting us from the corporations. These aren't things you can deny. You only have to listen to the positions of Republicans running for office. They are not hiding their public positions at all.

Wall Street wants to gamble with other people's money. China doesn't want people to HAVE money. See the difference.

duh, I didn't say there wasn't a difference between the two, I said they had a common trait!

You are so addicted to partisan insanity that you can't even think a thought that isn't another incarnation of "dems good, Repubs bad, Uggh!".

Get over it, grow up, buy a brain! The dems and the repubs are the exact same party! Twins separated at birth! Two sides of the same coin.

In fact it is hard to tell em apart:
ugly-twins-pictures.jpg

Last edited:

duh, I didn't say there wasn't a difference between the two, I said they had a common trait!

You are so addicted to partisan insanity that you can't even think a thought that isn't another incarnation of "dems good, Repubs bad, Uggh!".

Get over it, grow up, buy a brain! The dems and the repubs are the exact same party! Twins separated at birth! Two sides of the same coin.

In fact it is hard to tell em apart:
ugly-twins-pictures.jpg

If Democrats and Republicans were the same, they would vote the same. That's pretty obvious.

Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. Democrats are everyone else. Every single thing the Democrats do is part of a negotiation. The party is built on coalitions.

Republicans vote in a block. All you have to do is check congressional voting records to know this is true.

Saying something is easy. PROVING something makes you unpopular. Especially with Republican Sheeple.

IOW you are sheeple. They do vote the same, and govern the same 95% of the time.

Democrats voted en masse for the Iraq war. Obama has extended virtually everything you vilified Bush for.

Partisanship = brainwashing or insanity.

Forum List

Back