19 Facts About the American Economic Collapse.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
19 Facts About the Horrific American Economic Collapse!

The deindustrialization of the United States should be a top concern for every man, woman and child in the country. But sadly, most Americans do not have any idea what is going on around them.

For people like that, take this article and print it out and hand it to them. Perhaps what they will read below will shock them badly enough to awaken them from their slumber.
19 Facts About The Deindustrialization Of America That Will Blow Your Mind - BlackListed News

The following are 19 facts about the deindustrialization of America that will blow your mind....

#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation.

#2 Dell Inc., one of America’s largest manufacturers of computers, has announced plans to dramatically expand its operations in China with an investment of over $100 billion over the next decade.

#3 Dell has announced that it will be closing its last large U.S. manufacturing facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina in November. Approximately 900 jobs will be lost.

#4 In 2008, 1.2 billion cellphones were sold worldwide. So how many of them were manufactured inside the United States? Zero.

#5 According to a new study conducted by the Economic Policy Institute, if the U.S. trade deficit with China continues to increase at its current rate, the U.S. economy will lose over half a million jobs this year alone.

#6 As of the end of July, the U.S. trade deficit with China had risen 18 percent compared to the same time period a year ago.

#7 The United States has lost a total of about 5.5 million manufacturing jobs since October 2000.

#8 According to Tax Notes, between 1999 and 2008 employment at the foreign affiliates of U.S. parent companies increased an astounding 30 percent to 10.1 million. During that exact same time period, U.S. employment at American multinational corporations declined 8 percent to 21.1 million.

#9 In 1959, manufacturing represented 28 percent of U.S. economic output. In 2008, it represented 11.5 percent.

#10 Ford Motor Company recently announced the closure of a factory that produces the Ford Ranger in St. Paul, Minnesota. Approximately 750 good paying middle class jobs are going to be lost because making Ford Rangers in Minnesota does not fit in with Ford's new "global" manufacturing strategy.

#11 As of the end of 2009, less than 12 million Americans worked in manufacturing. The last time less than 12 million Americans were employed in manufacturing was in 1941.

#12 In the United States today, consumption accounts for 70 percent of GDP. Of this 70 percent, over half is spent on services.

#13 The United States has lost a whopping 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#14 In 2001, the United States ranked fourth in the world in per capita broadband Internet use. Today it ranks 15th.

#15 Manufacturing employment in the U.S. computer industry is actually lower in 2010 than it was in 1975.

#16 Printed circuit boards are used in tens of thousands of different products. Asia now produces 84 percent of them worldwide.

#17 The United States spends approximately $3.90 on Chinese goods for every $1 that the Chinese spend on goods from the United States.

#18 One prominent economist is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040.

#19 The U.S. Census Bureau says that 43.6 million Americans are now living in poverty and according to them that is the highest number of poor Americans in the 51 years that records have been kept.

"#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation."

wait a minute! That is a minimum of 16 million jobs!

This sounds like bullshit!

esp when contrasted with this:

"#7 The United States has lost a total of about 5.5 million manufacturing jobs since October 2000."

this is crappola.

#1 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. About 75 percent of those factories employed over 500 people when they were still in operation.

why only go back to 2001? The Sucking sound of US manufacturing jobs going over sees started well before then.

Oh I know. It makes Bush look bad if you only go back to 2001.

NM

gotcha

"#18 One prominent economist is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040."

Antagon?

"#18 One prominent economist is projecting that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040."

Antagon?
And Pigs will fly as well. I am not the president of Antagon's fan club but I do think you are maligning him. No one can look at the Trillions of dollars of misspent infrastructure and real estate investment in China all of which is treated as GDP growth and seriously think that China will 16 times bigger than it is now 30 years from now. The internal leverage of China is unknown because it stopped publishing the data in the 1990s, too damaging to the propaganda machine. The laborforce in China is declining due to the one child policy and no matter what is done China is headed for a trainwreck of epic proportions as its overleveraged and undersized laborforce has to compete with cheap, cheap labor in Africa. This is not a reality based econometrics.

seriously think that China will 16 times bigger than it is now 30 years from now.

according to the CIA world factbook income parity index they only need to expand seven fold in 30 years to realize this projection.

The laborforce in China is declining due to the one child policy and no matter what is done China is headed for a trainwreck of epic proportions as its overleveraged and undersized laborforce has to compete with cheap, cheap labor in Africa. This is not a reality based econometrics.

It's labor force is still the world's largest, and they have nearly no entitlements burden while having a great savings rate.

And while African labor may be cheap China has infrastructure, and Chinese are very smart people. In fact the average factory worker in China may have a 110 IQ. Try to match that in Africa.

Last edited:
And Pigs will fly as well. I am not the president of Antagon's fan club but I do think you are maligning him. No one can look at the Trillions of dollars of misspent infrastructure and real estate investment in China all of which is treated as GDP growth and seriously think that China will 16 times bigger than it is now 30 years from now. The internal leverage of China is unknown because it stopped publishing the data in the 1990s, too damaging to the propaganda machine. The laborforce in China is declining due to the one child policy and no matter what is done China is headed for a trainwreck of epic proportions as its overleveraged and undersized laborforce has to compete with cheap, cheap labor in Africa. This is not a reality based econometrics.

I think you misunderstood, William. Antagon doubts that China will surpass the US as quickly as Neubarth's article asserts.

seriously think that China will 16 times bigger than it is now 30 years from now.

according to the CIA world factbook income parity index they only need to expand seven fold in 30 years to realize this projection.

That's the same formula that predicted the Soviet Union would never fall.

The laborforce in China is declining due to the one child policy and no matter what is done China is headed for a trainwreck of epic proportions as its overleveraged and undersized laborforce has to compete with cheap, cheap labor in Africa. This is not a reality based econometrics.

It's labor force is still the world's largest, and they have nearly no entitlements burden while having a great savings rate.

Actually China has been adding entitlements lately most specifically old age pensions.

And while African labor may be cheap China has infrastructure, and Chinese are very smart people. In fact the average factory worker in China may have a 110 IQ. Try to match that in Africa.
The infrastructure that recently brought us the longest and biggest traffic jam in human history, that infrastructure?

Last edited:

I think you misunderstood, William. Antagon doubts that China will surpass the US as quickly as Neubarth's article asserts.
My bad.

The infrastructure that recently brought us the longest and biggest traffic jam in human history, that infrastructure?

yeah, that infrastructure. I was gonna ask you what part of Africa you were referring to, but China has more people than all of Africa, so why bother?

There may be more autos, trucks etc and more pavement lane miles included in that one traffic jam corridor than in all of Africa.

You weren't trying to say that Africa has superior infrastructure, were you?

Besides even if Africa is developed it will be with Chinese money to capitalize on Africa's resources and labor. China is already trying to open up NK and Russia as satellite manufacturing hubs for Chinese products.

A roughly informed guess tells me that more than 10% of all the geniuses who ever lived, live in China today.

I shudder to think what % of the world's population will be the great grandchildren of today's Chinese people 4 generations down the road. I think they are gonna finally begin to colonize the world. Out of necessity. To avoid the traffic jams.

yeah, that infrastructure. I was gonna ask you what part of Africa you were referring to, but China has more people than all of Africa, so why bother?

There may be more autos, trucks etc and more pavement lane miles included in that one traffic jam corridor than in all of Africa.

You weren't trying to say that Africa has superior infrastructure, were you?

Besides even if Africa is developed it will be with Chinese money to capitalize on Africa's resources and labor. China is already trying to open up NK and Russia as satellite manufacturing hubs for Chinese products.

A roughly informed guess tells me that more than 10% of all the geniuses who ever lived, live in China today.

I shudder to think what % of the world's population will be the great grandchildren of today's Chinese people 4 generations down the road. I think they are gonna finally begin to colonize the world. Out of necessity. To avoid the traffic jams.
They are attempting to do so now and slowly but surely arousing blowback of epic proportions.

Article is bullshit, neubarth can't you do the math according to no.1 statement at least 15.5 mil. jobs lost and then no.7 says 5mil. manufacturing jobs have been lost.

The Best economic model the West has is the German model.
It is based upon small and medium-sized enterprise, highly concentrated in the manufacturing industry of mid- to high-technology sectors.

In recent decades, as countries including the United States and Britain put greater emphasis on financial services and property values, the Germans have hyper-focused on the art of manufacturing. Even relatively small German companies have grown into global market leaders for the products Chinese want, from drilling equipment to optical mirrors to prefabricated kitchens. Exports now account for more than one-third of Germany's national output, more than double the rate in the United States, with Germany's $1.2 trillion in annual exports roughly equal to the entire gross national product of India.
Germany rustles up big business in China

It is still a high-wage country.
Made in Germany is a trademark.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake Daimler made in its history was buying US Chrysler.

Germany wins on all fronts it says
3232821.jpg

ulx8.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back