18 Most Famous Atheists in the World

What was Bush Jr, Cheney, Rumsfeld.

Bush Jr.? :rolleyes:. He was the most religious POTUS ever. He was Christian.

Was he? Indeed I remember not any president of the USA, who was more criticized than George W. Bush. He called an offensive war "preemptive strike" and nearly all big Christian churches made him clear that this is not compatible with the Christian moral. He rejected every influence of Christians to the US-american politics and continued this wrong way of the USA.

Example: John Paul II stated before the 2003 war that this war would be a defeat for humanity which could not be morally or legally justified.

In the weeks and months before the U.S. attacked Iraq, not only the Holy Father, but also one Cardinal and Archbishop after another at the Vatican spoke out against a "preemptive" or "preventive" strike. They declared that the just war theory could not justify such a war. Archbishop Jean-Louis Tauran said that such a "war of aggression" is a crime against peace. Archbishop Renato Martino, who used the same words in calling the possible military intervention a "crime against peace that cries out vengeance before God," also criticized the pressure that the most powerful nations exerted on the less powerful ones on the U.N. Security Council to support the war. The Pope spoke out almost every day against war and in support of diplomatic efforts for peace.

John Paul II sent his personal representative, Cardinal Pio Laghi, a friend of the Bush family, to remonstrate with the U.S. President before the war began. The message: God is not on your side if you invade Iraq.

source: Pope John Paul II calls War a Defeat for Humanity: Neoconservative Iraq Just War Theories Rejected - Featured Today - Catholic Online

John Paul II was right to say so. This war created for example the terror-organization ISIS. And while the same time George W. Bush ignored the way of North-Korea into a new nuclear war-power this conceited war in Iraq bore today the damned cruel war in Syria and gigantic streams of refugees. And it's not over yet. Looks like the West lost Turkey too.

mission-accomplished.jpg

Oh by the way: When will the USA close the concentration camp Guantanamo? ...

Bush Jr. was a fundamentalist Christian which is different from Catholic.

Is it? There's only one fundament.

Even his enemies admit that.

When I think of fundamentalist, I think of fundamentalist Christian.

¿Saint Francis?

I didn't want to get into a discussion of differences between Christians and Catholics.

Between what? Catholics are Christians.

There is plenty of common ground of belief in God and Christ Jesus as our savior.

or not.

When I think of fundamentalist, I think of Christian of sola scriptura

¿Protestants? My wife is one this ugly damned dirty bastards ... I love her very much.

I'm not his enemy. But I remember well when the bishop of him criticized him (he made even TV-spots because George W. did not like to speak with him ) then George W. became a so called "born again Christian" - a Christian without church.

I did not take a look into this political propaganda now. George W. knows on his own why he did what he did. In general I do not understand the "philosophy" which seem to think, if everyone is using the same lies then the lies will become true. The facts are clear. I do not remember any president of the USA who was so under fire of Christian critics how president George W. Bush. That he was seen as a typical "fundamental" Christian (the word "fundamental" as an expression for extremisms is on its own an antichristian political propaganda) is nothing new to me. Because of this propaganda worldwide lots of Christians have to suffer a lot. Are still living Christians in the Iraq? In Syria?

I didn't say you were.

Why not? I don't have a real problem to be called a Christian with fundament.

I think the article by liberal NPR explained it well even though it's biased opinion.

The ideas of US-Americans and Englishmen in context with religion sound in my ears nearly always a little absurde. To read such a long text about this absurde religious views of US-Americans would be a problem for me. I fear I would need a long time to understand it - and a long time to think about - and a long time to fight against.

The presidency is more politics, but with Bush Jr., I seem to remember his referring to his Christianity in how he ran things, e.g. prayer before meetings.

We prayed afterwards.

As for war, all presidents have led us into war.

So you had only bad presidents. One problem of the USA is that "you" do not know what war is. If other nations would do the same in the USA what the USA is doing in other nations then you would hate "yourself".

Even "Muslim" (CINO) Obama led us into war in the Middle East.

No. Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the war of the USA in Iraq. ... ah a sorry. You spoke about president Barack Obama and not about Osama Bin Laden. ... Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Yemen ... But president Barack Obama was not able to close the US-American concentration camp Guantanamo. Strange ... and all this happens somewhere in the world.

Last edited:
Bush Jr.? :rolleyes:. He was the most religious POTUS ever. He was Christian.

Was he? Indeed I remember not any president of the USA, who was more criticized than George W. Bush. He called an offensive war "preemptive strike" and nearly all big Christian churches made him clear that this is not compatible with the Christian moral. He rejected every influence of Christians to the US-american politics and continued this wrong way of the USA.

Example: John Paul II stated before the 2003 war that this war would be a defeat for humanity which could not be morally or legally justified.

In the weeks and months before the U.S. attacked Iraq, not only the Holy Father, but also one Cardinal and Archbishop after another at the Vatican spoke out against a "preemptive" or "preventive" strike. They declared that the just war theory could not justify such a war. Archbishop Jean-Louis Tauran said that such a "war of aggression" is a crime against peace. Archbishop Renato Martino, who used the same words in calling the possible military intervention a "crime against peace that cries out vengeance before God," also criticized the pressure that the most powerful nations exerted on the less powerful ones on the U.N. Security Council to support the war. The Pope spoke out almost every day against war and in support of diplomatic efforts for peace.

John Paul II sent his personal representative, Cardinal Pio Laghi, a friend of the Bush family, to remonstrate with the U.S. President before the war began. The message: God is not on your side if you invade Iraq.

source: Pope John Paul II calls War a Defeat for Humanity: Neoconservative Iraq Just War Theories Rejected - Featured Today - Catholic Online

John Paul II was right to say so. This war created for example the terror-organization ISIS. And while the same time George W. Bush ignored the way of North-Korea into a new nuclear war-power this conceited war in Iraq bore today the damned cruel war in Syria and gigantic streams of refugees. And it's not over yet. Looks like the West lost Turkey too.

mission-accomplished.jpg

¿Saint Francis?

I didn't want to get into a discussion of differences between Christians and Catholics.

There is plenty of common ground of belief in God and Christ Jesus as our savior.

or not.

¿Protestants? My wife is one this ugly damned dirty bastards ... I love her very much.

I'm not his enemy. But I remember well when the bishop of him criticized him (he made even TV-spots because George W. did not like to speak with him ) then George W. became a so called "born again Christian" - a Christian without church.

I did not take a look into this political propaganda now. George W. knows on his own why he did what he did. In general I do not understand the "philosophy" which seem to think, if everyone is using the same lies then the lies will become true. The facts are clear. I do not remember any president of the USA who was so under fire of Christian critics how president George W. Bush. That he was seen as a typical "fundamental" Christian (the word "fundamental" as an expression for extremisms is on its own an antichristian political propaganda) is nothing new to me. Because of this propaganda worldwide lots of Christians have to suffer a lot. Are still living Christians in the Iraq? In Syria?

I didn't say you were.

I think the article by liberal NPR explained it well even though it's biased opinion.

The ideas of US-Americans and Englishmen in context with religion sound in my ears nearly always a little absurde. To read such a long text about this absurde religious views of US-Americans would be a problem for me. I fear I would need a long time to understand it - and a long time to think about - and a long time to fight against.

The presidency is more politics, but with Bush Jr., I seem to remember his referring to his Christianity in how he ran things, e.g. prayer before meetings.

We prayed afterwards.

So you had only bad presidents. One problem of the USA is that "you" do not know what war is. If other nations would do the same in the USA what the USA is doing in other nations then you would hate "yourself".

No. Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with the war of the USA in Iraq. ... ah a sorry. You spoke about president Barack Obama and not about Osama Bin Laden. ... Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Yemen ... But president Barack Obama was not able to close the US-American concentration camp Guantanamo. Strange ... and all this happens somewhere in the world.

Every war never made any sense, so if you go, then you have find some reason for dying. Some people think it's for country, some people think it's to keep our way of life, others think it's for oil or for colonialism and imperialism, some think it's to prevent communism, some think it's for freedom, while others think it's for the greater good. It's like we have to have a war in order to have peace. Everyone is for world peace, but I've never had a POTUS that kept the peace.

It doesn't matter whether one is Catholic or Protestant. What one has to do is keep their faith in Christ Jesus and understand what he did for us and follow. Then they will be able to follow the light and the true way. Otherwise, the god of the earth and prince of the air will confuse and mislead. We will think we are following Christ when it in reality is some devil in human form. I cannot believe how he is able to mislead people with his lies and tricks.

mission-accomplished.jpg

¿Saint Francis?

or not.

I didn't say you were.

We prayed afterwards.

Every war never made any sense, so if you go, then you have find some reason for dying.

Depends how to see it. [Extended] self defense is the natural human right of everyone. Nevertheless we should not do war as long as there is any other chance and it's perhaps always another chance. But I do not see any sense in the worldwide war against unborn human beings for example. A totally senseless tragedy.

Some people think it's for country, some people think it's to keep our way of life, others think it's for oil or for colonialism and imperialism, some think it's to prevent communism, some think it's for freedom, while others think it's for the greater good. It's like we have to have a war in order to have peace. Everyone is for world peace, but I've never had a POTUS that kept the peace.

Let me say it this way: Abel is dead - we are Cain. And to die on hunger instead to be criminal is in general not our way of life. War is an expression of lack of good ideas, lack of love and lack of solidarity of human beings with themselves and with all lifeforms on planet Earth.

It doesn't matter whether one is Catholic or Protestant.

It does. God is truth - we see that we are not in the truth of god. One truth - one church. One truth - one world. Some people try to make lies to the truth ("The truth is there is no truth") - others try to force everyone to become a part of "their" "truth" (I am the most important part of the world) - and some people try to find out what's really true. ("I'm an idiot" for example.) I hear less and less Catholics say: "My god, what an idiot am I? ... ". I hope this is not a bad sign for the future of all mankind. I'm not able to be for everyone else an idiot too.

What one has to do is keep their faith in Christ Jesus and understand what he did for us and follow. Then they will be able to follow the light and the true way.

The problem is : His true living way - in the interpretation of the most gigantic word "I" or another gigantic word - the word "Muhamed" for example in the interpretation of the third caliph Osman, who wrote the Quran.

Otherwise, the god of the earth and prince of the air will confuse and mislead.

The god of what? I would say in such a context "The god who created all worlds and heavens."

We will think we are following Christ when it in reality is some devil in human form. I cannot believe how he is able to mislead people with his lies and tricks.

Which lies and tricks? ... Ah - now I got it. Sometimes I'm a little confused. You speak about my old dark and formless friend, who fills everyone with fear and panic who meets him. He's creation too. God's creation. No need to make out of monotheism a new kind of Zoroastrianism. I'm very sure the Antichrist is impossible. Nothing what is creation is able to undo what god had done, although lots of people try to make god undone as the Nazis tried to do once for example. They lost. They will always lose. That's their only chance.

Last edited:
Then they will be able to follow the light and the true way.

- there is no compelling reason to read your book and without it your religion will disappear forever, the light and true way will remain as it always has for everyone to explore.

Forum List

Back