15 Things Everyone Would Know If There Were A Liberal Media

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
15 Things Everyone Would Know If There Were A Liberal Media |

Prince Riebus (and apparently many others) still thinks there’s a liberal media.

While I share Prince’s frustration with the media, as a liberal, it doesn’t seem like a “liberal media” to me. I’d like to go on record and state that the media isn’t focusing on issues I care about. They seem to be far more focused on entertainment and making money.

Don’t believe me?

If you know anyone who still believes in a “liberal media,” here are 15 things everyone would know if there really were a “liberal media” (inspired by Jeff Bezos’ purchase of The Washington Post):

Check them out at the link.

If there weren't a liberal media, the Magic Negro would have been properly vetted on his sketchy past and associates and Hillary would have been elected.

I'll pass, on your gay link.

url=http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/10/15-things-everyone-would-know-if-there-were-a-liberal-media/]15 Things Everyone Would Know If There Were A Liberal Media |[/url]
Are you saying that MSNBC doesn't report on those things daily?

I honestly don't know, I don't have Cable TV.

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America - Business Insider

media-infographic.jpg

5 Stories the Media Constantly Lets Republicans Blatantly Lie About

The IRS Investigation

Time and time again I see Republicans perpetuate this idea that this entire “scandal” revolves around conservative groups being unfairly targeted by the IRS.

Yet never once do I see anyone in the media mention the fact that there’s evidence we’ve known about for quite some time showing that liberal groups were targeted as well.

Dick Cheney

You know how many times I’ve seen him sit there blaming President Obama for pulling our troops out of Iraq in 2011? Yet I’ve rarely seen anyone in the media play his clip from 2009 where he stated that the plan to remove all U.S. troops from Iraq was a sign that the war was successful.

The plan George W. Bush signed with the Iraqi government - not President Obama.

Domestic Drilling for Oil

“Drill baby drill!” – quite possibly the dumbest phrase ever uttered by any individual in a discussion about the price of oil. Why is it when oil prices are mentioned, or domestic drilling is brought up, Republicans get away with perpetuating this idea that the oil we drill domestically is kept here for us to use?

Some is, yes. But the majority of it is taken and sold on the global market to the highest bidder. We can drill domestically all we want, but as long as it’s allowed to be sold and manipulated by Wall Street speculation, we’re not going to see some kind of drop in the price of gasoline.

And the last time I checked, Republicans weren’t lobbying to socialize our oil production.

Republicans Claiming They’re “Representing the American People”

This one really ticks me off. Democrats control the Senate and the White House. That’s two-thirds of our legislative government. And when it comes to the House of Representatives, Democrats won the popular vote nationally in 2012 by 1.5 million votes. If it wasn’t for gerrymandering, Democrats would control all three branches of government.

Yet, whenever I see Republicans going on and on about how they’re “listening to the voice of Americans,” I never see anyone in the media mention that Republicans lost the popular vote in the House or that Democrats control the other two-thirds of our legislative government.

How can Republicans be “representing the voice of the American people,” when (via our process of elections) Americans chose Democrats to control the Senate and White House? Then, even the one branch Republicans do control, they lost the overall popular vote by 1.5 million votes?

Americans also overwhelmingly support immigration reform, universal background checks on guns and raising the minimum wage. All issues Republicans oppose, and haven’t shown any interest in compromising on over the past several years. But yet they’re representing the “voice of the American people”? Give me a break.

Republican Obstruction

Republicans love to claim that President Obama is the one responsible for the gridlock in Congress because he refuses to compromise.

Interesting, considering we’d have immigration reform right now if the Republican controlled House hadn’t killed the bipartisan immigration bill the Senate passed last year. And who was it that refused to allow a vote last September on a bill the Senate passed that would have prevented our government from shutting down? Oh, that’s right, that would once again be the Republican controlled House.

It’s also amazing how the debt ceiling was never a political issue while Bush was president. Though once President Obama was elected, then Republicans suddenly starting trying to use it as political blackmail to sabotage his presidency.

We’ve seen the least productive Congress in United States history. And time and time again it’s because Republicans in the House of Representatives simply refuse to back anything that the president supports.

It’s the job of Congress to pass bills that they believe the president will sign. It’s not up to the president to allow Congress to blackmail him to get what they want. That’s not how it works.

But I rarely ever see anyone in the mainstream media call out their obstruction. They’ll let Republicans peddle their propaganda about how everything is the fault of the president, without once pointing out the several bipartisan Senate bills the House has killed or the record number of filibusters Senate Republicans have used.

While there are plenty more, I’ll wrap it up there. These are just five of the more prevalent lies I continually see Republicans peddling, while hardly anyone in the media has the courage to call them out on their blatant misinformation.

Prince Riebus (and apparently many others) still thinks there’s a liberal media.

While I share Prince’s frustration with the media, as a liberal, it doesn’t seem like a “liberal media” to me. I’d like to go on record and state that the media isn’t focusing on issues I care about. They seem to be far more focused on entertainment and making money.

Don’t believe me?

If you know anyone who still believes in a “liberal media,” here are 15 things everyone would know if there really were a “liberal media” (inspired by Jeff Bezos’ purchase of The Washington Post):

That was so stupid, I wish I could get back those few minutes

Don’t believe me?

That was so stupid, I wish I could get back those few minutes

IOW, you don't have the gumption to look at the links either.

I did. It was stupid and not even remotely based on the link they provide to try to boost credibility.

Your second one only proves you're gullible and foolish

Remember the newspaper consortium that sponsored a University of Chicago study of the 2000 election mess in Florida?

When the study was completed the results were the property of the consortium and were published as the involved papers saw fit. These included the NYT, LA Times, Chicago Trib, and maybe a couple more.

When it came out in the NYT the headline read, "Bush wins if votes were counted".

The article went on to say that even with the Gore votes in those counties Gore wanted counted Bush would win.

But on page 29 in the last paragraph of the article it said. "If all the counties in Florida had been counted Gore would have won".

Since this was the right wing slant our leading papers used in this report, it's hard to say "liberal media" exists in America.

I think this is called burying the lead.

Last edited:
It's doubtful that the low information left could be kept any further in the dark if the government completely took over the media. The left is hopeless.

Don’t believe me?

Are you saying these facts and opinions are not being reported in the mainstream media?

I specifically remember reading about #1 in the Wall Street Journal (it's even cited as the source).

The exact graphic used in #2 was on Ed Shultz' show on MSNBC.

Maddow covered #3 ALEC on her show last year.
Gun lobby's power in Florida an obstacle to 'Stand your ground' reform - Video on NBCNews.com

#4 gets very wide coverage from all sides.
World Map Of Incarceration Rates - Business Insider
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
BBC NEWS | In Depth
Wonkbook: 11 facts about America?s prison population - The Washington Post

Ditto for #5
Why a conservative author vehemently disagrees with Rand Paul on such a big issue | TheBlaze.com
Rand Paul Tackles Racist Drug Laws: Prisons ?Full of Black and Brown Kids? | Mediaite
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/02/opinion/lessons-from-the-civil-rights-act-50-years-later.html
Is prison contagious? | Science/AAAS | News

#6 Really? You don't think this is reported? It was a center focus of THREE Democratic wins (2006, 2008, 2012).

#7 "Elizabeth Warren does a great job explaining this to the “liberal media” news desk at CNBC" So it appears it is being covered then.

#8 is biased and one sided, acting like Democrats don't Gerrymander. It ignores the terrible implementation of the Voter Rights Act in creating majority-minority districts as the source of modern Gerrymandering. That said, it gets a LOT of coverage.
Readers take on gerrymandering, gay marriage and other [blankety-blank] things - Orlando Sentinel
Gerrymandering Efficiency Gap: A Better Way to Measure Gerrymandering | New Republic
This computer programmer solved gerrymandering in his spare time - The Washington Post
Eric Cantor?s historic primary loss in Virginia is a warning about runaway gerrymandering - The Washington Post
Political Diary: Mia Love and Racial Gerrymandering - WSJ
Republicans have given up on Hispanics because of gerrymandering, short-term goals, and rejecting demographics as destiny.
Napoleon Harris lives outside of his district only due to gerrymandering - Chicago Tribune

That's enough fact-checking.

Wouldn't this be proof that there is a liberal media?

Forum List

Back